IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

Siraj 18 runs in first over. But acting like Rizwan, at least Rizwan bats and keeps at a decent level. These days even Mukesh, Mohit, Avesh, Unadkat are bowling better than Siraj.

20 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Siraj 18 runs in first over. But acting like Rizwan, at least Rizwan bats and keeps at a decent level. These days even Mukesh, Mohit, Avesh, Unadkat are bowling better than Siraj.

Shiraz

Great bowling by KKR pacers esp Russel and Harshit who mixed up their pace.
Bowling by KKR again shows that it's not just pace that gets you in the game or wickets.  Deception has to be mixed with pace. It's deception whether it be variation in pace, movement in the air via swing or movement off the pitch via seam.  Spinners bowl at 80kmph and get wickets . Even for spinners it's because of deception either in pace, flight, spin off the pitch.

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

No ,he is way too inconsistent

He wins you matches on his own but that falls between too many lulls

His problem is inconsistency

2 minutes ago, MK55 said:

I expect him to be quicker. Hasn’t shown that these couple of games. I know he’s using change of pace but at least a few could have been 145 plus. He’s probably still finding his rhythm. Some more matches will give a larger sample size. 
But I like his aggression and his confidence in bowling slow balls when required.

As of now, Harshit is more of a 135 k to 145 k pacer who can cross 147 k / 148 k in his quickest matches. 

But he is just 22 years old and he may get quicker in a year or two if he wants to bowl fast. I think he does. 

His ability to generate bounce will encourage him to bowl quickly too.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

As of now, Harshit is more of a 135 k to 145 k pacer who can cross 147 k / 148 k in his quickest matches. 

But he is just 22 years old and he may get quicker in a year or two if he wants to bowl fast. I think he does. 

Well I hope he crosses 147-148 this season. Has got the other ingredients 

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Think he is trying to add away swinger, that could be the reason for decrease in pace. Plus returning from Injury.

Let see if he can add back those 3/4 kmph to his pace again

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

faster you bowl faster you go indian pitch

One has to bowl stump to stump and fast on typical Indian pitches. Attack the stumps at pace. 

Trying to bang more than half the balls in short does not work on typical Indian pitches on most occasions.

Edited by express bowling