IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

5 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

,the slower you bowl the better it is here.

If you want to make bull **** assertions bring stats to support it..otherwise people will just point and laugh at you.

37 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One has to bowl stump to stump and fast on typical Indian pitches. Attack the stumps at pace. 

Trying to bang more than half the balls in short does not work on typical Indian pitches on most occasions.

There is a certain way and length to bowl. Every express pacer went for plenty during the WC too. 

2 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

This is not a good pitch for fast bowling. Cutters are the only thing that are working. 

Alzarris 150kph rockets are disappearing with small boundaries. 

They tried it, it not working. Alzarri is not know to have a slower one.  None of his bowl hitting the wkts.

All short batters are ready for it. need to target the wkts.

1 minute ago, tapandrun said:

They tried it, it not working. Alzarri is not know to have a slower one.  None of his bowl hitting the wkts.

All short batters are ready for it. need to target the wkts.

No one will have a fly slip or very find third man in India. He would have had a wicket otherwise. 

Both iyers are notoriously bad at playing short balls. 

3 minutes ago, New guy said:

If you want to make bull **** assertions bring stats to support it..otherwise people will just point and laugh at you.

stat tables and distribution charts gets me all irritable ,please watch the match,it's clear enough.

Just now, Suhaan said:

2022 the first half of IPL was just brilliant,many venues had decent bounce and carry

Last 2 years have been pure pathetic,like UAE dead

I would rather have featherbed like Hyderabad the other night than slow low surfaces

You have to thank the DY patil, wankhede and Pune pitches for that. 

4 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

2022 the first half of IPL was just brilliant,many venues had decent bounce and carry

Last 2 years have been pure pathetic,like UAE dead

I would rather have featherbed like Hyderabad the other night than slow low surfaces

uae is not that bad due to spungy bounce ,not that easy to hit quick pacers there

This KP is such an annoying guy. He keeps harping on his point and at times gets super critical of fast bowlers (barring his favs) and the most annoying bit is how his tone keeps amplifying non stop. Hurts my ears 

17 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

because he doesnt bowl cutters .You guys call him trundler but he isnt that slow ,sandeep sharma does well due to lack of pace ,the slower you bowl the better it is here.

Bhuvi, Harshal, Arshdeep, Sandeep all have hit 140 at times in T20's. None of them are quick. All of them are 128-132 pacer. Mukesh was barely touching 135 in Tests.

Sandeep has done well because he is able to bowl loopy bouncers with accurate yorkers. While Harshal despite bowling cutters is going for runs at a rapid pace. Bhuvi is also giving 50 plus runs from last 2 games.

Yorkers has no alternative, a pin point yorker is a bowlers best friend. More so for a fast bowler who can hit yorkers at 140-145kph. It's obviously hard to achieve expertise and it requires lot of practice and stamina for a bowler to deliver it consistently. 

Watching Siraj bowl is making my eyes bleed. He should take a long break, introspect, get recharged, train under Bharat Arun, take fitness pointers from Shami. This can't continue like this, just pointless.

12 minutes ago, MediumPacer said:

uae is not that bad due to spungy bounce ,not that easy to hit quick pacers there

Sharjah is a lottery, puny ground. Lot of runs, was a graveyard for bowlers.

I am confused between Abu Dhabi & Dubai..but one had true pace and bounce. Other was spin friendly and sluggish.

2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Bhuvi, Harshal, Arshdeep, Sandeep all have hit 140 at times in T20's. None of them are quick. All of them are 128-132 pacer. Mukesh was barely touching 135 in Tests.

Sandeep has done well because he is able to bowl loopy bouncers with accurate yorkers. While Harshal despite bowling cutters is going for runs at a rapid pace. Bhuvi is also giving 50 plus runs from last 2 games.

Yorkers has no alternative, a pin point yorker is a bowlers best friend. More so for a fast bowler who can hit yorkers at 140-145kph. It's obviously hard to achieve expertise and it requires lot of practice and stamina for a bowler to deliver it consistently. 

When they clock 140, even if it is for 1 ball, it isnt slow ,no matter what format it is .

And extra pace is of no use in india in tests if not directed properly ,didnt you watch wood getting spanked in india after his ashes heroics, how fast did he bowl? and mukesh has bowled 130-140 in tests as well ,i have never said he is quick but bowlers like mcgrath or pollock were of similar pace to him.

and if you bowl around 120-125 k then ball doesnt come on to the bat ,this is sandeep sharma's strength in these conditions, it's lot more difficult to time him.

1 minute ago, MediumPacer said:

When they clock 140, even if it is for 1 ball, it isnt slow ,no matter what format it is .

And extra pace is of no use in india in tests if not directed properly ,didnt you watch wood getting spanked in india after his ashes heroics, how fast did he bowl? and mukesh has bowled 130-140 in tests as well ,i have never said he is quick but bowlers like mcgrath or pollock were of similar pace to him.

and if you bowl around 120-125 k then ball doesnt come on to the bat ,this is sandeep sharma's strength in these conditions, it's lot more difficult to time him.

I am completely confused now.

So you're point is that bowlers shouldn't bowl above 125kph in this conditions. 

As Mukesh operates above that category, he is going for runs like others. 

So speed of <125kph is the key here...am I understanding correctly ?

3 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I am completely confused now.

So you're point is that bowlers shouldn't bowl above 125kph in this conditions. 

As Mukesh operates above that category, he is going for runs like others. 

So speed of <125kph is the key here...am I understanding correctly ?

yes ,stock ball should be slower if there is no grass on the pitch.

if there is grass then obviously it becomes difficult for the cutters, then need to bowl quickly and hit the deck