Fight club

Pulp Fiction

Schindler's list

North by Northwest

Chinatown

Eternal sunshine of spotless mind

Vertigo

Edited by rkt.india

Don't know if I shared this before (artwork from some of my blu-rays or 4K UHD): 

WlfUHHx.jpg

dA72INn.jpg

For the below, I had to switch the cases as the original case was a digibook which made it difficult to take the discs out:

eFSsnJo.jpg

Originally, I kept 7 films on my list to not dilute it, however on other such topics, I have 10 films, so to keep the consistency, I am going to round my list to 10. Below are the 3 additions chosen for their unique qualities (current dynamics and without repeating the directors on my list): 

• The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp. Directed by Powell and Pressburger, this film tells the tale of a rotund Clive Candy (played by Roger Livesey) through 3 wars - Boer War, First World War & the Second World War. It weaves in romance (with 2 Deborah Kerr, who plays 3 roles) and tales of friendships as well with a German (played by the magnificent Anton Walbrook) in a witty manner. Since it is a Powell and Pressburger film, visually it is brilliant too. Churchill is said to have tried to ban it as he thought the film could be a sarcastic take on him.  It is one of the best war/anti-war films. Included here as it is one of the films that one must see but not many know about it
  • The Silence of the Lambs. A monumental film in the horror thriller genre and among the only 3 films to won the 5 Big Oscars (Film, Director, Actor, Actress and Screenplay). Dr. Hannibal Lecter is a legendary character 
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel. Wes Anderson's modern classic sporting an ensemble of well known actors. It is a facetious adventure-comedy-crime film that creates an unique, colorful and memorable environment that is rarely seen on screen. Visually a stunning film as well 

Edited by zen