Fans need to understand England approach will not work for Indian team.

7 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

That shud also be a lesson that it takes time ...

When u a build a team their wud be a lot of setbacks ....thats why patience is of utmost importance. 

When they decided to go for the leather from start to end in many games they use to get out by 40 over but morgan stuck by it. Coz even on days they did they got 320-330 by 40 overs 

ok show me the quality of  Woakes, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali, Livingstone (can also bowl), Willey (swing bowler who can bat), Archer (bowler who can slog) in the Indian set up with reserves like Tom Curran. Adil Rashid has multiple FC 100’s too and we have Chahal :facepalm: 

obviously you have declared Stokes =
Pandya before 

Edited by maniac
4 minutes ago, maniac said:

ok show me the quality of  Woakes, Sam Curran, Moeen Ali, Livingstone (can also bowl), Willey (swing bowler who can bat), Archer (bowler who can slog) in the Indian set up with reserves like Tom Curran. Adil Rashid has multiple FC 100’s too.

obviously you have declared Stokes =
Pandya before 

we have had this discussion where i answered this and broke down the solution point by point

also archer got his citizen ship 2-3 yrs back and curran bros are also not playing for long. England started to work on this theory from 2015 itself. 

Willey hardly is finding a place in XI, even moeen ali 

Pehle middle order nahin tha...ab tail nahin...all excuses .  The only time i wud have bought this was during dhoni time in 2015

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

we have had this discussion where i answered this and broke down the solution point by point

also archer got his citizen ship 2-3 yrs back and curran bros are also not playing for long. England started to work on this theory from 2015 itself. 

Willey hardly is finding a place in XI, even moeen ali 

correct and this is a guy who has multiple test 100’s and 5frs, odi 100’s and 5fr and other performances and on the flip side you make arguments that there is no replacement for Pandya who has more misses than hits. That’s the depth they have. We don’t.

We have Gowtham and Krunal Pandya as equivalence for a guy like Moeen Ali

1 minute ago, maniac said:

correct and this is a guy who has multiple test 100’s and 5frs, odi 100’s and 5fr and other performances and on the flip side you make arguments that there is no replacement for Pandya who has more misses than hits. That’s the depth they have. We don’t.

ur talking as if gowtham n krunal are permanent fixtures in our lineup.

So rohit , kohli , dhawan bats safely coz of krunal n gowtham who wont make it into 1st XI

Bairstrow , roy bats quicker coz of moeen ali who also doesnt make regulalry in their XI

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

u knw what i challenge give these guys england lower order and they ll still bat same

Kohli in RCB now has great batting depth but his S/r has just been on downward spiral 

Rohit bats slow also in IPL whereas others go bang bang

I mean its a 20 over game , u still fear collapse. Problem is the Indian batting mindset which has always been dekh ke sambhal ke, end men maar lena. This worked till totals were 270-290 but now it aint gonna work. 

Earlier excuse was we dont have middle order- now u have it..u still dont score

Coz its old mindset. 

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

ur talking as if gowtham n krunal are permanent fixtures in our lineup.

So rohit , kohli , dhawan bats safely coz of krunal n gowtham who wont make it into 1st XI

Bairstrow , roy bats quicker coz of moeen ali who also doesnt make regulalry in their XI

If a player like Ali cannot make it to the X1 just imagine how good the other option might have been.

Dont you think leave Indian team would lay the red carpet for a player like that given the backing HP gets.

Roy Bairstow know if they get out playing a rash shot even a guy like Jordan can get them over the line. Rohit and Kohli leave alone the tail can’t trust guys like Pandya or even Iyer etc to finish games.

If a player like Ali cannot make it to the X1 just imagine how good the other option might have been.

Dont you think leave Indian team would lay the red carpet for a player like that given the backing HP gets.

Roy Bairstow know if they get out playing a rash shot even a guy like Jordan can get them over the line. Rohit and Kohli leave alone the tail can’t trust guys like Pandya or even Iyer etc to finish games.

ohh u think they bat like that coz they have jordan at 10 ??? hahaha 

no one relies ona tail ender...they have found out the way simple...if u can play shots in end when 5 fielders are outside why not when their is just 2

All u need is balls.....frankly this has never been our game 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

no one relies ona tail ender...they have found out the way simple...if u can play shots in end when 5 fielders are outside why not when their is just 2

Yes having Jordan at 10 is incredible depth. I would say Jordan is as good a cricketer as Hardik Pandya from a cricketing perspective.

thakur is better bat then jordan and jordan also doesnt make it to their ODI XI, he is a just t20 bowler 

This I can somewhat agree but Thakur is a no.8 for us, Jordan is a no.10 for England thats a difference right there.

You are underrating Jordan, he was always touted as an immense multi dimensional cricketer from junior cricket, hasn’t lived up

to expectations but recently has been finally improving.

Just now, maniac said:

Yes having Jordan at 10 is incredible depth. I would say Jordan is as good a cricketer as Hardik Pandya from a cricketing perspective.

one plays in one format for just his death bowling

Hardik plays for his power hitting who also btw was our best batsman in Aus against starc, hazelwood, cummins, Zampa not against some uganda team 

How are they even same players. Jordan pretty has his career limited to one skill now which also has been tonked many games. Hardilk wud have been batting at 5 if we had someone who can tonk. 

Jordan is actually a one skill bowler 

Just now, Ankit_sharma03 said:

one plays in one format for just his death bowling

Hardik plays for his power hitting who also btw was our best batsman in Aus against starc, hazelwood, cummins, Zampa not against some uganda team 

How are they even same players. Jordan pretty has his career limited to one skill now which also has been tonked many games. Hardilk wud have been batting at 5 if we had someone who can tonk. 

Jordan is actually a one skill bowler 

because his batting is not needed in England team, he would be batting at 7-8 for india.

This I can somewhat agree but Thakur is a no.8 for us, Jordan is a no.10 for England thats a difference right there.

You are underrating Jordan, he was always touted as an immense multi dimensional cricketer from junior cricket, hasn’t lived up

to expectations but recently has been finally improving.

ur overrating him , his only skill is death bowling which also has been taken apart most days .He doesnt make it to any XI of england apart from t20

Thakur n pandya have played 3 formats for India and still young in careers so they ll only rise

ur overrating him , his only skill is death bowling which also has been taken apart most days .He doesnt make it to any XI of england apart from t20

Thakur n pandya have played 3 formats for India and still young in careers so they ll only rise

Yes because of their depth that was my original point, he would be in the starting line up for most teams including India or at least in the 2nd X1. Had he been Indian I can bet right now you would be in love

I think issue of tail can be solved by simply selecting bowlers who can bat.Pure bowlers should be reliable like Bumrah to get in.No more no. 11

We can play this attack vs most teams : Jadeja/Thakur/D Chahar/R Chahar/Bumrah. Siraj and Shami as backup of Bumrah

Yes this will concede more than current attack but will gain more in batting if approach changes.

For teams like we can play both Siraj and Bumrah as they have strong batting.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Yes because of their depth that was my original point, he would be in the starting line up for most teams including India or at least in the 2nd X1. Had he been Indian I can bet right now you would be in love

depth is just an excuse is my point

Earlier it was lack of middle which now we have  , they still havent improved

They bat same infact worse in IPL which is a 20 over game

Its attitude nothing else. Thats m saying i challenge give same england tail to these guys they ll bat same way 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Actually having Jordan at 10 actually helps, if you saw last match vs Pakistan our team would have lost the match if we would have left 8 runs for our tailenders. 

Batting depth helps a lot in t20, you can't deny that. 

Just now, CodeOfWisden said:

Actually having Jordan at 10 actually helps, if you saw last match vs Pakistan our team would have lost the match if we would have left 8 runs for our tailenders. 

Batting depth helps a lot in t20, you can't deny that. 

also he is not a brainless slogger. Plays proper cricketing shots. Bowls 140+, completes his quota, can hit and is one of the best fielders in the world, sound familiar? Apparently not for Ankit.