Is it possible for coding to become obsolete in future?

MechEng

16 hours ago, dial_100 said:

No-code architecture should not be based on this use case you mentioned here. However complex it is, it has a pattern that one can implement with some work as is done with most of the M/L models.  But we are literally talking about eliminating coding jobs. That aint happening for another 20 years. 

In my experience, biggest worry is not the code itself but the bad coders. But on a bright side, come to think of it, because of bad coders, someone like me looks way too good.

In 10 years time, distribution of IT jobs will be 25 on application side and 75% on data side. With data growing so fast, cloud data management will be the key skill.  

No code will coincide with advanced hardware too. By that time world's energy consumption could potentially be dangerously high.

6 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

People with socially awkward skills generally end up in IT/computer programming. 

Programming is insanely hard. It maybe only for me but it is easier to visualize advanced physics than to debug a code.

Edited by MechEng

3 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Don't worry about programming, you are not missing out on much.

Next time you fly, just remember that some of the systems of navigation was done by FPGA , and system programmers. LEDs that light up on emergencies are because of values written into memory locations of devices over a time sensitive  bus

Edited by coffee_rules

8 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Next time you fly, just remember that some of the systems of navigation was done by FPGA , and system programmers. LEDs that light up on emergencies are because of values written into memory locations of devices over a time sensitive  bus

Arey, I know that :winky:

I have done a fair bit of embedded systems programming myself. 

19 hours ago, Mariyam said:

What exactly is coding?

I've never really understood. Why is it so darned important?

All I know is that a bunch of nerds type away furiously at their keyboards and do a mini victory jig/fist pump when they get a no error? message after writing 136373872 pages of codes.

Seems like an awfully dull job. Is it true that people from IITs and other such social misfits are mentally/genetically predisposed to do this kind of mundane work?

Coding is instructing a digital entity that can process the language and act on the instructions.

Anyone can code - the definition of coding has evolved over the years to where you can provide high level instructions which are more like spoken language and get something done. 

15 hours ago, MechEng said:

Programming is insanely hard. It maybe only for me but it is easier to visualize advanced physics than to debug a code.

Either you brain is programmed to do it or it is not. I think Mechanical Engineering is very hard for me especially undertanding fluid dynamics etc. 

10 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I always thought it was fun. Especially the DSP based but did very little and moved on.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Either you brain is programmed to do it or it is not. I think Mechanical Engineering is very hard for me especially undertanding fluid dynamics etc. 

13 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

When I see fancy perks software engineers working at top companies get, I sometimes ruminate if I had chosen to study computer science instead. Then I saw what kind of work front end web developers do at Amazon through a friend from Seattle, and I would feel I made the right decision to not study CS, that stuff makes Navier Stokes equation look like a walk in the park.

21 hours ago, MechEng said:

When I see fancy perks software engineers working at top companies get, I sometimes ruminate if I had chosen to study computer science instead. Then I saw what kind of work front end web developers do at Amazon through a friend from Seattle, and I would feel I made the right decision to not study CS, that stuff makes Navier Stokes equation look like a walk in the park.

I think both Mech E and Software are equally challenging. It comes down to what you find interesting.