4. No phone

5. Easy to use

Options

https://portal.facebook.com/products/

Portal TV fits all those requirements.

But too expensive in India - 25k.

Alexa Show

https://www.amazon.in/Introducing-Echo-Show-8-display-screen/dp/B07SMNPCGK/

Supports only skype or alexa devices. Most people use whatsapp and telegram for video calling. Price - 8.5k

Anything else?

Buy a projector and cast your device for a larger screen. There are decent portable projectors now. Or use a tv with a webcam. That works well although the quality of the webcams with tvs are usually not great. Next is investing in a good microphone.

You can get a good all in one pc rather than a tv as an alternative. 

Regarding software, Google meet is pretty good as well. Webex and Gotomeeting are good also. For larger groups you would need a commercial software/license.

8 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Buy a projector and cast your device for a larger screen. There are decent portable projectors now. Or use a tv with a webcam. That works well although the quality of the webcams with tvs are usually not great. Next is investing in a good microphone.

You can get a good all in one pc rather than a tv as an alternative. 

Regarding software, Google meet is pretty good as well. Webex and Gotomeeting are good also. For larger groups you would need a commercial software/license.

Main reuirement is ease of access. Something which more or less remains fixed and can be used directly mainly by old age people and kids.

Something like video calling alternative of landline.

Anything involving PC or phone isn't preferable.

All in one desktops are pretty good to use. My parents have that set up. On the bookmarks of the browser I have whatsApp set up for them. 

That said Alexa show or the Google Nest are good too if you prefer an intelligent device

18 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Main reuirement is ease of access. Something which more or less remains fixed and can be used directly mainly by old age people and kids.

Something like video calling alternative of landline.

Anything involving PC or phone isn't preferable.

there are no smart tvs with camera, alexa/google meet needs a camera device like phone or PC. 

Buy a cheap laptop,  like chrome book, install Zoom, MS Team and connect it to a monitor :dontknow:  May be spend the money on a good monitor. I think some good monitors have built in web-camera for Zoom too these days.

Why is this so complicated. Am I missing something here in the question?

Edited by maniac

3 hours ago, maniac said:

Buy a cheap laptop,  like chrome book, install Zoom, MS Team and connect it to a monitor :dontknow:  May be spend the money on a good monitor. I think some good monitors have built in web-camera for Zoom too these days.

Why is this so complicated. Am I missing something here in the question?

PC and phones - not easy to use for old age parents/kids. Not just ease of use, but also don't want to give a phone to kids in family all the time.

7 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

PC and phones - not easy to use for old age parents/kids. Not just ease of use, but also don't want to give a phone to kids in family all the time.

get an IPad, I bought my mom an iPad few years back for FaceTime. She is not the most tech savvy person by any means. easy to set up and use. She now even reads news on it.

Also since i am assuming the older people in the house  will not use it for any tech stuff/gaming etc  and just for calls, you can get an older model so will be a lot cheaper.

As far as not letting kids use phones/ iPads , I mean in 2021 you can’t get around that so just have to create rules around it I guess.

Edited by maniac