Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)

zen

Zack Snyder's Justice League (ZSJL) is getting relatively high praises versus the theatrical Justice League aka "Josstice League" (I have not watched it) ... With a 4 hours run time and using material shot only by Snyder, it is said to do "justice" to many characters.  Its 4K UHD is slated to be released on 9/14/21 (already available on Blu-ray and of course HBO Max). 

It is mostly shot in 1.33:1 (4:3, old TV) aspect ratio and there is a B&W version as well:

Do you like Zack Snyder's style? How do you rate it? What are your thoughts on ZSJL v JL? Has ZSJL revived interest in the series? 

33 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I've been meaning to watch this.

The original Justice League was utter poop. There was so much going on, hard to keep track of things. 

Didn't really like them taking a Marvel-esque approach either. Loved the dark flavour of Dawn Of Justice 

I did not watch Josstice League so this will be my first viewing of any version 

In countries where HBO Max is available, it can be viewed there. Other countries may have streaming options. Its blu-ray and 4K UHD would be available now in non North American markets 

8 hours ago, Dery said:

Good film but too many slow motion shots & too long

From what I have read, it can be watched it two sittings. On physical media, which is how I would prefer to watch it, the film is on 2 discs with disc 1 ending at a natural intermission. 

Getting excited about it with the good reviews. 

23 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Marvel fan. Liked Batman series. Not a fan of DC.

I am not too deep into superheros movies. I watch them and move on. Marvel films (X-Men, Ironman, Doctor Strange, etc.) can be a good timepass. DC films can be a hit or a miss, but good ones are more memorable. Some of the superheroes movies in my collection include Burton's Batman (DC), Nolan Batman Trilogy (DC), Watchmen(DC), Wonder Woman (DC), & Logan (Marvel). 

Finished watching disc 1. A quick take is that both the film and the transfer are awesome. The 4-hour run time allows Snyder to develop the characters well. Many interesting stories are weaved together. I did not expect it to be this good -> we now have a superhero epic film ... Will soon get on to disc 2!

PS watch it in a dark room environment. 

Edited by zen

Link

ZSJL’s discs sales are huge, selling at 5:1 to the 2nd placed title!

“This report comes to us from MediaPlayNews, and comes after Zack Snyder’s Justice League has been released for a few weeks in the United States. The Snyder Cut was first available to own in the states on September 7th, before extending to Canada on the 14th. And it’s selling so well that the DC blockbuster reportedly outsold the No. 2 title on the charts by a 5-to-1 margin.”

B v S, the ultimate edition is better than what I recall of the theoretical B v S. 

The action sequences are pretty good! Background score works well. And the IMAX ratio scenes look good. Glad that I gave this film another shot as well! 

PS there are two UEs. The first UE was released in 4K a few years ago. When ZS watched it on TV he thought about improving the transfer further (may be to align it with ZSJL’s) by adding IMAX ratio to scenes shot in IMAX and improving the color grade to release it again in 4K as remastered UE.

Edited by zen