Shaun Marsh(Old thread bump)

In the game today between Mohail and Hyderabad, Shaun Marsh who is an Australian made his debut for Mohali. I think he is from Western Australia and has played a lot on the bouncy WACA pitch. How quickly he adapted to the conditions is great.By watching him play, I thought that Yuvraj was playing. His shots looked exactly like Yuvi's. The only difference was that Marsh played spin better :cantstop: He seemed to be quite impressive. His fielding is also sharp as he took a diving catch. Some of these Aussie domestic players look great and could wear the Aussie cap soon. Another aspect of IPL is that a lot international players are getting more experience playing in India especially the Aussie domestic players. This augers well for them in the future tours as they would have already played quite a few matches in India.

In the game today between Mohail and Hyderabad, Shaun Marsh who is an Australian made his debut for Mohali. I think he is from Western Australia and has played a lot on the bouncy WACA pitch. How quickly he adapted to the conditions is great.By watching him play, I thought that Yuvraj was playing. His shots looked exactly like Yuvi's. The only difference was that Marsh played spin better :cantstop: He seemed to be quite impressive. His fielding is also sharp as he took a diving catch. Some of these Aussie domestic players look great and could wear the Aussie cap soon. Another aspect of IPL is that a lot international players are getting more experience playing in India especially the Aussie domestic players. This augers well for them in the future tours as they would have already played quite a few matches in India.
Hehe I was thinking the same thing - when he plays his shots, he looks like a gora version of UV - except for the better spin playing
Guest Yograj Singh

Rubbish. Yuvraj is far far superior. Marsh will not be anywhere near the great batsman that Yuvi will be remembered as!

Guest Yograj Singh
i am talking about style dad.. not the performance and skills..
Marsh has a long way to go to get a fraction of my Yuvi's incredible style and flair in strokeplay. But Yuvi is a great idol for him to have.

Another very good knock by S. Marsh today! Aus bench strength (S. Watson, S. Marsh, Pomersbach) all looking very good. On Pomersbach

It was a shame for Luke Pomersbach that England's tour match against Western Australia last December was not given first-class status. Pomersbach struck a convincing unbeaten 101, impressing the selectors enough that he was handed a first-class debut in the Warriors' next Pura Cup match. In that game against Tasmania, he again proved he was comfortable at state level and made 74 and 63 in his side's three-wicket win. It should have been no surprise to anyone who saw his outstanding 145 from 128 balls for a Western Australian XI against the visiting South Africans - with an attack boasting Shaun Pollock and Makhaya Ntini - in 2005-06. A powerful left-hand middle-order batsman, Pomersbach played four Pura Cup matches in 2006-07 for 206 runs at 34.33 and would have featured more but for a minor car accident that kept him on the sidelines late in the season. In seven one-day outings he made 192 runs at 38.40 and his best was 87 in a victory over South Australia. It was no great shock when the Warriors promoted him from the rookie list for 2007-08, or when he was invited to the Academy for the 2007 off-season.
Aus set to have their dominance in Intl cricket continue (not just due to these 3 obv...there are others I'm sure)

just watched the highlites. My oh my, this guy can compare with Yuvraj shot for shot. At times, even overshadow him. Some of his straight drives and lofted sixes are an awesome site to watch. Even Yuvraj said himself today, " I though I could hit the ball hard [but these guys...]" referring to Marsh and Pomersbach. Too bad, Marsh is an Australian. I never though I would go gaga over an Aussie but this guy is special, perhaps because his shot making is similar to Yuvi's