U19 World Cup Discussion

nsareen

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He is bowling faster than all current Indian pacers on a slow pitch which is not really bouncy.

What is impressing me about Hangargekar is that ... he can get some balls to climb from just back of a length or even length ... but can bowl quick stump directed deliveries too. 

When a pacer has both these abilities, he can be a real wicket taker.

Seems more of a ready pacer than our earlier U19 guys.

6 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Some of his deliveries in the first spell were definitely 145+. I just hope and pray he remains injury free :pray:

That's the main concern at this age.

Mavi seems like a shadow of the bowler we saw earlier. His ability to make deliveries climb from just back of a length is totally gone after his injuries. And his skiddiness with his fuller deliveries has reduced too. 

Nowadays he is just bowling good line and length without sufficient hurrying ability. 

Edited by express bowling
1 minute ago, express bowling said:

What is impressing me about Hangargekar is that ... he can get some balls to climb from just back of a length or even length ... but can bowl quick stump directed deliveries too. 

When a pacer has both these abilities, he can be a real wicket taker.

Seems more of a ready pacer than our earlier U19 guys.

Why don't they set an academy/system.to shortlist all top 50 u23 cricketers in the country and give them all the facilities and opportunities to make their transition to next level rather smooth and more successful

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Why don't they set an academy/system.to shortlist all top 50 u23 cricketers in the country and give them all the facilities and opportunities to make their transition to next level rather smooth and more successful

I have been wanting this for a long time.

And this is mostly needed for the Fast Bowlers, who are not transitioning well.

We need a Central Coordinator who handles this transition of the talented U19 players to the Senior level.

Edited by express bowling

really good to see the positive comments on Hangargekar, however i would request not to over hype the player, as we all know how disappointing it gets when the hyped player doesn’t t play to the potential..

hangargekar got butchered by afghani boys or mens for 23 runs in an over with 3 6’s in asia cup and has yet to run through a side by taking 5-6 wickets, he would need to learn to take quality wickets & become a potent bowler who can take out good batsmen.

So one can only say hopefully he learns and improves and gets the right guidance from the right coaches ( personal coach maybe ) as he has a tendency to bowl a lot in the back of length & short length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, nsareen said:

really good to see the positive comments on Hangargekar, however i would request not to over hype the player, as we all know how disappointing it gets when the hyped player doesn’t t play to the potential..

hangargekar got butchered by afghani boys or mens for 23 runs in an over with 3 6’s in asia cup and has yet to run through a side by taking 5-6 wickets, he would need to learn to take quality wickets & become a potent bowler who can take out good batsmen.

So one can only say hopefully he learns and improves and gets the right guidance from the right coaches ( personal coach maybe ) as he has a tendency to bowl a lot in the back of length & short length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He needs to work on his yorkers