High time that Ind's changes its top order (#1-3) approach in LOIs

zen

Step 1: Change the captain. KL Rahul's captaincy record is nothing to write home about. He doesn't even know what is the right position for himself to bat in the team, how is he going to be able to pick spots for 10 other? He can't even see that his own record in middle order in ODIs is better than his record as an opener.

Step 2: Get rid of seniors. This "senior" mentality is killing the team. Nobody in the team should be a "senior" or a "junior". Everyone should be on equal footing. Nobody in the dressing room should use either of these terms.

Step 3: Pick in-form players ONLY who have recent form going for them. Do not look at how senior a player is or what they did 2 years ago. E.g. Gaikwad didn't get a chance to play even one game despite "tuk-tuk seniors" playing slow 1990s style innings at the top of the order.

3 hours ago, maniac said:

maybe not quick starts in pp but I have seen 280-2 after 35-40 overs turn to average scores like 330 or failing to chase 50-75 runs with 5-6 wickets in hands many times after they got out. I don’t want to go on a stats hunt but I am sure you have seen that.

Not all teams go bang bang. Most of them wait for bad balls or bad bowlers.  Remember last year or before in the one dayer Australia was less than run a ball for 20 overs against us. Ended up with 389 runs We were ahead of them first 20 overs. But we couldn't keep up in the middle overs.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/india-in-australia-2020-21-1223867/australia-vs-india-2nd-odi-1223956/full-scorecard

After doing some analysis i found out that India goes toe to toe with England (Better average, second best run rate)  when they face fast bowlers in the first 10 overs. When a spinner bowls inside power play that is where there is a drastic  change in our approach. England absolutely murders spinners inside power play. Oflate even Australia murders spinner inside power play. India contrastingly goes slow against spin in the first 10. Markram got away with cheap overs in all the matches.  This is where we need improvement. India attacks spinners mostly outside power play. Hence overall we are not bad against spin.  

Having used to see Sehwag  this is a torture to watch these guys struggling against spin.

Edited by vvvslaxman