Laxman ruled out of IPL

Rohan495

HYDERABAD: The beleaguered Deccan Chargers has suffered yet another jolt. Captain V.V.S. Laxman has ruled himself out of the remaining DLF-Indian Premier League owing to a hairline fracture just below the right wrist. Just before a practice session at the Rajiv Gandhi Stadium, a visibly dejected Laxman said he had had another review with the orthopaedic surgeon on Monday morning and his injury was diagnosed as a hairline fracture. Disappointed “I was very keen to play in yesterday’s (Sunday) match and the coming one. But I found it nearly impossible to hold the bat and face even a tennis ball,†he said. The elegant Hyderabadi, a picture of disappointment after the team’s dismal performance with just two wins from nine matches, said: “It’s sad that I had to miss some of the matches. It is all the more disappointing since the injury came when I was getting into the groove.†His right hand encased in plaster, Laxman was in severe pain when he turned up along with his teammates for a function organised by Rotary International here on Monday. — Principal Correspondent

this could be a bad news for hyderabad. although laxman wasnt good in captaincy, but his batting could be missed. hyderabad needed to play 7 indian players. rohit sharma, venugopal & laxman would have made 3 of them, but now some cr@p player like arjun yadav might be replacing laxman

Ugh. I seriously hope he's fit for SL. We need him there. This is what I feared -that the IPL would cause injuries that would affect the availability of the players for the international schedule. *Sigh* Hopefully he'll overcome it very soon. Good luck to DC for the rest of the games (even though they don't count anymore, unfortunately).

i do hope vvs laxman does well in the next edition of ipl. just when it looked like he had improved & adapted to 20/20, he got injured:(( and his 48 & 52 were good innings and looked better than some ugly innings played by the aussie batsmen

i do hope vvs laxman does well in the next edition of ipl. just when it looked like he had improved & adapted to 20/20' date=' he got injured:(( and his 48 & 52 were good innings and looked better than some ugly innings played by the aussie batsmen[/quote'] there was nothing wrong with his performances this year in the IPL, a strike rate of 117 and an average of 31 for a player like Laxman is real good. Hes done far better than a lot who everyone expected to do more. For a player worth 375k you cant complain. His career has been tough luck. First getting booted of the ODI team, missing out on the 2003 world cup and even in 2007, in 03 just by a whisker. Then all of a sudden a doubt in his place in the test team and Yuvraj is a better fit. and now right when he was starting to silence his critics a harsh injury to end his IPL stint, .I wish to see him next year with a more balanced charger line up with some better bowlers.