Women's ODI World Cup 2022

No thread already for this?

Anyway, Bangla Tiger ladies have a shot at beating South Africa if they hold their nerves, I think they can do it.  While Aus and Eng clash at the same time.  Hard to decide who to roor for in that one.  Aus would be the easy pick, but in women's cricket, they are a juggernaut, and hard to root for that sort of dominant team.

too much tuk-tuking. and shafali seems to be the rare type of player suited for both T20s and Tests, but not ODIs. mithali will make her usual tuk-tuk 50. getting to a decent total will depend a lot on whether smriti can kick on, whether richa ghosh can provide some firepower, and whether kaur gets going.

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

too much tuk-tuking. and shafali seems to be the rare type of player suited for both T20s and Tests, but not ODIs. mithali will make her usual tuk-tuk 50. getting to a decent total will depend a lot on whether smriti can kick on, whether richa ghosh can provide some firepower, and whether kaur gets going.

Deepti is aggressive. So is Mandana. I think they were being circumspect or whatever reason. They are showing positive intent now. 

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

Deepti is aggressive. So is Mandana. I think they were being circumspect or whatever reason. They are showing positive intent now. 

deepti is not, smriti is indeed. deepti is nearly as tuk-tuk as mithali is. her SR in past 2 yr is not far removed from mithali (73.5 for deepti vs 71 for mithali). I am counting mostly on smriti, richa, and kaur this WC ,while Mithali will be the anchor and keep tuk-tuking 50 after 50.

Just now, Vijy said:

deepti is not, smriti is indeed. deepti is nearly as tuk-tuk as mithali is. her SR in past 2 yr is not far removed from mithali (73.5 for deepti vs 71 for mithali). I am counting mostly on smriti, richa, and kaur this WC ,while Mithali will be the anchor and keep tuk-tuking 50 after 50.

Mandana is a 360 degree player. If she is at the crease for longer period runs flow will keep increasing.  Already showing signs of fluency.

I would ideally have liked this lineup for ODIs, but some of these players are not in squad

Mandhana

Sabbineni Meghana/Poonam Raut --> Shafali is a great talent but has not figured out ODIs yet [Poonam has avg of over 70 at SR of close to 70]

Y. Bhatia/Sabbineni Meghana

H. Kaur

Mithali

Deepti

Richa Ghosh

Jhulan

P. Vastrakar

Mansi Joshi

R. Gaekwad

batting till 9 (vastrakar), and 6 bowling options.

Edited by Vijy