Give up Ganguly

Yuvraj4Captaincy

i do not knw what u define as a gangulian but i am a fan of ganguly..and i am not bragging ..he is yet to return....so whats there to brag about right now..... if he does score well ..i am sure he will come back albeit for a short time. and if he fails well then he has no right to be in the team and i wouldn't mind it.and i knw ganguly very well ,so i can say that if he is really serious of coming back he will walk into the side just as he had did the last time. atleast his situation was even worse last time and not even i gave him any chance of coming back but he did when greg was at the helm
I don't think that he is coming back even if he does well. For the past year or so he did do reasonably well, yet he was asked to sit out. he doesn't seem to figure in Dhoni's scheme of plans... to bad for Gangully....

It seems there was no one to pay attention to Dada's (lack of?) exploits yesterday. :D

Selectors likely to watch second half of IPL Cricinfo staff May 14, 2008 The Indian national selectors are waiting for the green signal from the BCCI before they fly out to venues of the Indian Premier League to monitor the fitness and form of players who are in the mix for the tri-nation one-day series in Bangladesh, starting on June 8. Dilip Vengsarkar, the chairman of the selection panel, confirmed that he has submitted a proposed itinerary to the board for the five selectors to be present at various IPL matches. "It's not that only those playing for IPL will be selected. But we felt that by watching the second half of the tournament, we would get a fair idea of the form and fitness of players," Vengsarkar said. The seven-day tri-series, also involving Pakistan and hosts Bangladesh, starts a week after the IPL final in Mumbai on June 1 and is expected to serve as a warm-up for the Asia Cup in Pakistan, starting on June 24. On Tuesday night, Sourav Ganguly, the skipper of IPL's Kolkata Knight Riders who was recently dropped from the one-day squad, had hoped he was one of the contenders for a slot. Asked about his "youthful" display in the win over the Delhi Daredevils, the 35-year-old Ganguly replied: "Yes, I hope the national selectors are watching."
http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/350943.html

Selectors watching Ganguly with interest in IPL? Chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar is impressed with Sourav Ganguly's performance in the IPL, holding out hope for the seniors who have been left out of the one-day team. More... ‘We’ve watched Sourav with interest’ : Vengsarkar G Krishnan, Hindustan Times Jaipur, May 16, 2008 First Published: 02:50 IST(16/5/2008) Last Updated: 02:59 IST(16/5/2008) Dilip Vengsarkar says Indian colts will benefit immensely from IPL exposure T20 matches can't be compared with Tests or ODIs. However, the selec- tors would be watching the remaining matches and the form and fitness of players who are emerging to play for the country. The travelling part is always very tough and it is not the ideal time to spend on a cricket field. But in T20, the players get enough time to recover mentally and physically. The Indians too have done exceedingly well. The likes of Sehwag, Gambhir, Uthappa and Rohit Sharma have been consistent. Even Ganguly has excelled as an all-rounder. DILIP VENGSARKAR, Chairman of selectors. Chairman of selectors Dilip Vengsarkar is impressed with Sourav Ganguly's performance in the IPL, holding out hope for the seniors who have been left out of the one-day team. But he is quick to add that one cannot judge the seniors by their T20 performances. Excerpts from an interview: You must be following the matches. How has the performance of the Indians appealed to you? I am quite impressed the way Dhaval Kulkarni and Rohan Raje have shaped up with the ball and Abhishek Nayar, Yogesh Takawale with the bat. They have an excellent opportunity to interact with the likes of Shaun Pollock and Sachin Tendulkar in the Mumbai team. Does it surprise you that foreigners, especially the Australians, have outscored the Indians? The Indians too have done exceedingly well. The likes of Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Robin Uthappa and Rohit Sharma have been consistent. Even Ganguly has excelled as an all-rounder. Are you surprised that the icons are not really topping the charts? I agree but it's unfair to judge their class in T20, for they have proved themselves in Tests and ODIs consistently. Is there hope for players who have not figured in ODIs of late but have done well in the IPL? T20 matches can't be compared with Tests or ODIs. However, the selectors would be watching the remaining matches and the form and fitness of players who are emerging to play for the country. How do you react to Ganguly's performance in the IPL? He has done extremely well. Yes, we have been watching him (Ganguly had remarked at the presentation at Eden Gardens ‘I hope the selectors are watching’), especially his brilliant fielding, with great interest. The IPL has seen some players come back from injury and do well. Zaheer Khan, L. Balaji and Ashish Nehra to name a few. It's always good to see quality bowlers coming back from injury and giving off their best. Do their performances mean they are fit for ODIs and Tests? A bowler has to bowl only four overs here whereas in a Test he has to bowl 20 in a day's play. Can IPL be a yardstick for national selection? I feel it's a great platform for the under-22 and under-19 players to show their talent. The exposure they are getting is phenomenal. We have seen some electrifying performances from lesser-known players like Ashok Dinda, Manpreet Gony, Swapnil Asnodkar and Wriddhiman Saha. What hopes do they have in other forms of the game? At the highest level, it is consistency that matters. I hope they continue the good work in the first-class matches too. The tournament has also seen M.S. Dhoni grow as captain and Yuvraj Singh learn the nuances of leadership. How do you rate them? Both are fine cricketers and have been around for sometime now. They are consistently doing well and that augurs well for Indian cricket. The back-to-back matches involve hectic travelling. Does this lead to fatigue among the players? The travelling part is always very tough and it is not the ideal time to spend on a cricket field. But in T20, the players get enough time to recover mentally and physically . Can poor performances here affect the players when they get ready for national duty? Rahul Dravid, for example, has not been having a good run. These things happen in cricket. Rahul is a great player. He doesn't need to prove anything to anybody.

How about I forward this article instead? :D

We’ve watched Sourav with interest: Vengsarkar How do you react to Ganguly's performance in the IPL? He has done extremely well. Yes, we have been watching him (Ganguly had remarked at the presentation at Eden Gardens ‘I hope the selectors are watching’), especially his brilliant fielding, with great interest.
More

Exactly, he is most unwanted element due to various drawbacks in him. His reflexes have become slow, thus he fell back to back in his fielding and running between the wickets...moreover, he possess idealistic approach towards the game which is left behind long long back due emerging high potential...today's cricket is result oriented or say too pragmatic. ...but, one question remains...who will bell the cat!

Ganguly hopes for ODI recall Ganguly hopes for ODI recall Cricinfo staff May 16, 2008 Sourav Ganguly has brushed aside notions of Twenty20 being a young man's game, pointing out how seniors players have thrived in the Indian Premier League. "It's fashionable to talk of age, but I've always maintained that class and performance matter," Ganguly said ahead of Kolkata's clash against Mumbai. "If you look at the IPL, almost everybody who has got a hundred is over-30... Sanath Jayasuriya is almost 39 ... I myself missed a hundred narrowly." Ganguly had revealed his hopes of a one-day comeback after Kolkata's win against Delhi - "I hope the selectors are watching" - and went one step further here. "I'm sure my turn will [again] come in ODIs," he said. "What I feel bad about is that after 13 years, I still [need to] surprise people." Ganguly was controversially dropped from the one-day side earlier this year and has gone on to hit out against the selectors. Dilip Vengsarkar, the chairman of selectors, though, didn't rule out the possibility of Ganguly coming back. "He has done extremely well," he said in an interview to Hindustan Times. "Yes, we have been watching him, especially his brilliant fielding, with great interest." Sachin Tendulkar has also dismissed the perception of Twenty20 being unsuitable for senior players. "This tournament is the biggest proof that age doesn't matter," he said. "It's performance ... this IPL should stop such questions ..." Brendon McCullum, 26, is the only IPL centurion who is below 30 years of age. Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Adam Gilchrist and Jayasuriya are all on the other side of 30. © Cricinfo http://content-gulf.cricinfo.com/ipl/content/story/351183.html

c'mon did ganguly ever hear about "stepping down when stakes are high". or is he counting too much on his fans in kolkota.
huh! yeh Dada haye allah kaesa hae deewana kitna mushkil hae dekho isko samjhaana stakes were never so high to meet his Princy level, I guess... whether he is young or old, all his fans will stand by him...as he is Babu Moshaye... after all he is Prince of Kolkata... just like there was a king of Nepal...

Vengsarkar's stupidity led to our early WC exit' date= and here we have him parroting the same BS again.
how so?? i think we had great team which was badly badly beaten by Bangladesh. no excuses for that defeat.. we had, Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag, Ganguly, Yuvraj, etc etc..

[ "He has done extremely well," he said in an interview to Hindustan Times. "Yes, we have been watching him, especially his brilliant fielding, with great interest."
LOL... he dropped a straight forward catch..... :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

how so?? i think we had great team which was badly badly beaten by Bangladesh. no excuses for that defeat.. we had, Tendulkar, Dravid, Sehwag, Ganguly, Yuvraj, etc etc..
I don't think we should have made wholesale changes in the team after our losses in Champions Trophy and South Africa. The team had been doing well pretty well over the past year or so. The changed squad defeated a hapless WI and a Murali/Vass-less SL at home and things appeared rosy to unravel in the WC. It wasn't just a change of personnel but the entire through process behind the team in which Chappell also played his own part.