Are they preparing IPL pitches this year keeping T20 World Cup in mind?

Austin 3:!6

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Nope he is quite a strong man with athletic body & reflexes.  Boult is what you call a Tall skinny man.  Or Shaheen. 

Sorry thought you meant big man. Yes he is strong for his size. He isn't a heavy guy or muscled guy is what I meant. Johnson is a lot lot bigger than Cummins. Hazlewood is built like a tall twig. I agree. Cummins is a strong but not well built is what I was going to say. 

4 hours ago, Jay said:

Or maybe he doesn't go flat out in pyjama IPL LEAGues. It's like a holiday for these guys. Cummins is notorious for conserving energy for his beloved Aussie test side. Something our lads won't do when they are playing IPL. 

They why he is so much better with bat in IPL than in T20Is? He doesn't have good record in T20s but in IPL, he averages 20 at 145 strike rate.

My personal opinion is he is not a great T20 bowler but in a strong pace attack, he can do a good supporting role job and bowl under his limits rather than trying to be enforcer( which he does successfully in tests).

In IPL, he cannot do a support job because he remains the leader of the attack most of the times.

Edited by Majestic

56 minutes ago, Majestic said:

They why he is so much better with bat in IPL than in T20Is? He doesn't have good record in T20s but in IPL, he averages 20 at 145 strike rate.

My personal opinion is he is not a great T20 bowler but in a strong pace attack, he can do a good supporting role job and bowl under his limits rather than trying to be enforcer( which he does successfully in tests).

In IPL, he cannot do a support job because he remains the leader of the attack most of the times.

he uses IPl to hone his batting skills instead? bowling is more taxing on the body. why reveal secrets of your bowling especially when you have to play all these top sides again in the future during red ball season. he definitely isnt a great t20 bowler but he is also known to take it easy in these commercial league games. 

On 4/6/2022 at 9:08 PM, Austin 3:!6 said:

Pitches in IPL this season are unusual in a good way. Most of them are fast, bouncy pitches where seam bowlers getting assistance and batsman also can hit through the line by trusting the bounce. Spinners on the other hand have limited role to play. Normally you associate these kind of tracks in Australia where the T20 world cup is this season.

Yes. And it probably explains a few things:-

1. Pacers picking more wickets in powerplay. Umesh suddenly became consistent, Prasidh is another example who was not that good a bowler earlier.

2. Livingstone sucks on slow pitches. Full credit for him to for adapting but maybe it's a factor. Gill also thrives when there's pace on the ball, shining till now.

3. Teams coming back after early wickets. Most teams are getting close to par scores despite early wickets. Pitches are flat after early movement.

Obviously, this is temporary and we will return to spin conducting pitches as we move ahead. 

On 4/8/2022 at 9:08 AM, Jay said:

he uses IPl to hone his batting skills instead? bowling is more taxing on the body. why reveal secrets of your bowling especially when you have to play all these top sides again in the future during red ball season. he definitely isnt a great t20 bowler but he is also known to take it easy in these commercial league games. 

he uses these games as a way to make quick money and hone his power hitting skills