Stone throwing mars Delhi's win

Feed

Vanquished Deccan Chargers captain Adam Gilchrist on Thursday night criticised the Delhi Daredevils for their pacer Mohammad Asif's off-and-on presence on the field during the IPL match even though his opposite number Virender Sehwag pooh-poohed the allegation. Gilchrist said it baffled him to see Asif bowling two overs and then going out before returning again to bowl his final two overs. More... Gilchrist, Sehwag in war of words May 16, 2008 10:24 IST Vanquished Deccan Chargers captain Adam Gilchrist [images] on Thursday night criticised the Delhi Daredevils for their pacer Mohammad Asif's [images] off-and-on presence on the field during the IPL match even though his opposite number Virender Sehwag [images] pooh-poohed the allegation. Gilchrist said it baffled him to see Asif bowling two overs and then going out before returning again to bowl his final two overs. Shoaib Malik [images] fielded for Asif, while Delhi already had substitute fielder AB de Villiers for their opener Gautam Gambhir [images] who had injured his knee while batting. "This is for the first time I saw so many substitute fielders taking so many catches. I mean you see the bowler bowling and going off to come back, bowl again and again going off. I mean it's for the umpires to see," a visibly disgruntled Gilchrist said after his side's 12-run loss. Sehwag, however, dismissed the allegation and said Gilchrist should consult the rules. "I think if umpires did not have any problem, Gilchrist too should not have any. I mean he can see the rule book, which clearly says a bowler can go out as many times as needed in case of external injury. Asif was injured while fielding," Sehwag said. Despite the win, which snapped Delhi's string of four defeats on the trot, Sehwag was in sombre mood after being pelted at his home ground. "It's unfortunate that an Indian player has been pelted in India. I mean a Delhi player was stoned at in Delhi," said the home side captain. Asked to name the player, he said, "Sehwag. I was fielding at the boundary line when it hit me." Meanwhile, Man-of-the-Match Amit Mishra quietly basked in the glory of his match-winning five-wicket haul, which also included a hat-trick. "I'm really happy. My captain stood by me and the entire team egged me on," said the leg-spinner.

Guest HariSampath

@ Ticz ..LOL...so now we know how the "northies" are the most sporting crowds in India ;-)

@ Ticz ..LOL...so now we know how the "northies" are the most sporting crowds in India ;-)
WTF. Why are you making regionalistic comments about something all of India ought to be looking at? Calm down. Its not like the people who live in the Northern part of India hate it when Chennai crowd is being appreciated for you to make such a comment.

WTF. Why are you making regionalistic comments about something all of India ought to be looking at? Calm down. Its not like the people who live in the Northern part of India hate it when Chennai crowd is being appreciated for you to make such a comment.
So it is okay for Hari to have made this comment if chennai crowd was criticized? blue_brigade started a ingenious thread which says chennaittes aren't sporting crowd because some 2 CSK supporting ICF members where hypercritical of CSK & Dhoni when they lost. When I ridiculed his logic as a desperate attempt to denigrate chennaittes, blue_brigade clarifies that it is just for fun. graphic23 you had posted in that thread and never said anything abt his reference to chennai crowd based on 2 ICFers. But now when Hari makes a comment it becomes regionalistic and people can't see the fun. Similarly, when Predator_5 makes comments on our food habits and how we look its for fun and shouldn't be taken to heart, but when I reply to him people find it regionalistic. Please do apply the same standards. :isalute::isalute::isalute:

I would not have had a problem if he had said Delhi crowd, but he used the word 'Northies', which is a bit annoying. I am from Andhra so all the food jokes, etc. applies to me as well - but as you stated, I realize that its fun. I didn't have a problem with BB's thread because it didn't even say Chennai crowds in general, it specifically meant CSK Supporters on this forum. :P I am sorry if I seem(ed) to make a statement based on double standards. I didn't want to - I was merely annoyed at the fact that he used 'Northies' to separate half of India when that behavior of throwing stuff is prevalent all around.

I would not have had a problem if he had said Delhi crowd, but he used the word 'Northies', which is a bit annoying. I am from Andhra so all the food jokes, etc. applies to me as well - but as you stated, I realize that its fun. I didn't have a problem with BB's thread because it didn't even say Chennai crowds in general, it specifically meant CSK Supporters on this forum. :P I am sorry if I seem(ed) to make a statement based on double standards. I didn't want to - I was merely annoyed at the fact that he used 'Northies' to separate half of India when that behavior of throwing stuff is prevalent all around.
Didn't you say you where okay if this was in response to *CHENNAI CROWD* being criticised? More over isn't chennai a region in India? And secondly, BB didn't criticize a few CSK supporters alone, what he was trying to say was because a few CSK supporters are not sportive their claim that Chennai crowd is sportive is funny. And I too agree, that separating Indians as northies & southies is detestable. But, to say it was a joke when certain ICF members do it and it is regoinalistic when others do it just reinforces the very point.

Didn't you say you where okay if this was in response to *CHENNAI CROWD* being criticised? More over isn't chennai a region in India?
That was just to point out that his comments were uncalled for. I agree with the rest of your post.

HUH so once again its Northies Vs Southies ... WTF .. get over it .. we are all the same PS: for the record .. I love Biryani , vada pao , Chollay Bhaturay , Sarson ka saag ,Sambar ... even rasgullay
Have you tasted rasmalai, its better. :D