Batting unit looks locked for 2023 ODI Wc , infact 13-14 members already looks locked

3 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

We are missing a vital cog. Washington Sundar. 100% sure Dravid will adjust him somewhere against weak teams.

He made a comeback earlier in Jan-Feb but dropped again for getting injured (not pun intended).

More than Gill, I am interested in Washington replacing Dhawan. We get an extra bowler without losing on batting quality.

Do you rate him for ODIs - @Ankit_sharma03?

Edited by Chakdephatte
1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

Forget the XI, Sundar has zero chance of being in the long list of probables for WC. The TM is not going to feature any player beyond who have played on and off the past 12 months. Hooda is the one who might get a go as a right arm spin AR to complement Jadeja and Axar.

12 months? He played in February only.

Him and Hooda were there. Maybe they liked Hooda more.

Edited by Chakdephatte
1 hour ago, sarchasm said:

Just how I felt in the run up to WC19 that the TM would get the combination right. They did not. I have ZERO faith that Dravid and a compromised Rohit, who is mentally in the same place as Kohli, can do any better. This would be a bigger humiliation because we'd flop at home.

Rohit is a bette odi captain . Also kohli influence has diminished . Expect to have better outcome . 

dravid has done few things right so far 

- has been consistent . Pant Ayer sky hooda getting ample chances . Sampson too 

- bowlers well rotated 

- slowly getting oldies out - rahane is a good example 

kohli is also feeling the pressure . Just like he was taken off both formats captaincy , I feel he will be axed from one format if not two . What I don’t understand is allowing him to miss series - West Indies was a good place for him to gain some form 

3 minutes ago, Chakdephatte said:

There are concerns about his strike rate but did fine in VHT. But man, he is quality, love to watch him. Will be faster than Dhawan for sure.

thats why I want him at 4-5 and not lower. At 6-7 you need power. 

Can be used in powerplay but that won't happen

5 minutes ago, mani sha said:

Rohit is a bette odi captain . Also kohli influence has diminished . Expect to have better outcome . 

dravid has done few things right so far 

- has been consistent . Pant Ayer sky hooda getting ample chances . Sampson too 

- bowlers well rotated 

- slowly getting oldies out - rahane is a good example 

Even Pujara was dropped. But he came back after 1000 run season in county. And he may start ahead of Vihari and Gill.

Edited by Chakdephatte
11 hours ago, Chakdephatte said:

Do you rate him for ODIs - @Ankit_sharma03?

as of now No 

• His batting isnt developed enough to play in lower middle order
  • his bowling isnt good enough to play as spinner so he has to play as spin bowling all rounder means competing with jaddu and Axar 
  • Batting up the order- their are far better options avl 
  • As off spin option- ill take ashwin over him any day 
On 7/28/2022 at 6:51 PM, sarchasm said:

BTW, this would be the third WC where we go with a top three of Sharma, Dhawan and Kohli? How did the last 2 WC work out with them around? This time they aren't even in form to make easy runs in group stages.

the one time we needed Dhawan in 2019 and he was in form, he got injured and missed the tournament.

For  ODI WC, Dravid will look into a mix of left and right hand batsmen. This makes a strong case for Dhawan Jadeja and Axar in odi. Pant will be there in the middle order.

For WT20, Pant can open in T20, so someone left handed in the middle order will be a good option. Don't think we have anybody though. Jadeja will sneak in I think or Washington Sundar I hope.

Edited by HamHindustani