Commonwealth Games 2022

Number

14 minutes ago, Number said:

Lost to substitute player. Kis baat ka world no. 1 hai ye.

Such a poor performance by him, last time around also he came in as No 1 but lost to Malaysia's senior citizen player who retired soon after, doesn't seem to perform in clutch situations, even Sindhu melts under pressure, Saina never used to do that.

5 hours ago, Sandz said:

And discuss not going well either, India seems to have regressed overall in these games

Punia is a spent force now.

We missed young Kamalpreet Kaur in discuss. She is injured. Was very good in Tokyo specially qualifiers. I am hopeful that she will win us a medal in Olympics. 

Soemhow the women pulled off a win against the Kanedians. Men thrashed them 8-0 but it seemed to be a minnow level team. 

Our test will come against the other 'white' tes left later in the competition who are disciplined and understand how to play dirty. Present team is quite skilful and watchable. 

2 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

Soemhow the women pulled off a win against the Kanedians. Men thrashed them 8-0 but it seemed to be a minnow level team. 

Our test will come against the other 'white' tes left later in the competition who are disciplined and understand how to play dirty. Present team is quite skilful and watchable. 

My concern is the MC BKL scum bastards referees officiating in the field. They always have some agenda against us.

17 hours ago, rollingstoned said:

I believe we can beat NZ.

Aus though would be a tough one but do feel on our day we can beat them. Now it is not the same team which always lost by a margin of 5 goals to Aus. 

this is our performance from last edition.

Although 2 golds less in Weightlifting but we won 10 medals this time.

So +1 there.

+3 Judo, +1 in Lawn balls already one more hopefully.

Counting on Hockey and Cricket to make +2 at least.

In Badminton and Boxing I feel will be lesser than last time.

Hope Athletics will do a few more + and we will reach close to 60.

Screenshot_20220804-142142_Chrome.jpg

Personally I think we've done quite well without Shooting to buoy the camp. I'm sure there is a huge morale boost and belief you get when you see the medal tally going up. Without Archery and Shooting we were bound to be poor at these games. Either we ramp up our athletes in medal heavy events like Swimming, Cycling and Athletics or we feel happy that we did well in some core events. 

1 hour ago, bharathh said:

Personally I think we've done quite well without Shooting to buoy the camp. I'm sure there is a huge morale boost and belief you get when you see the medal tally going up. Without Archery and Shooting we were bound to be poor at these games. Either we ramp up our athletes in medal heavy events like Swimming, Cycling and Athletics or we feel happy that we did well in some core events. 

Not possible and it will take 2 decades of on investment to compete with Australia and England. India have to stay strong to keep their demands of Shooting and Wrestling in every Games, if not then Boycott. Simple

Good performance against Wales, converting penalty corners which is always important in crunch moments. The 4th goal referral was a good one, the referee didn't really want to give it even if the video umpire told him it wasn't dangerous. Tried to ask him if it went in after the whistle was blown which sounded like completely random bs after which he reluctantly awarded it. 

5 hours ago, bharathh said:

There are far too many medals in swimming to not invest in the sport. To put things into perspective, Australia won 17 medals in the pool just yesterday!