Australian pitches

vvvslaxman

Pace as well, the bounce is there but the tracks aren't really quick like you would have at MCG, Perth, Brisbane especially the last two. Of course the old Perth's WACA, the gold standard for pacy tracks, isn't there anymore but the new stadium was still pretty quick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Aj6EINaDXc

And this is why we do bat better in Oz, because our batters can generally handle pace/bounce more easily than most other Asian teams!

12 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I think they have explanation on how they calculate these metrics. I have no idea how they do. It varies from match to match seems like.

In the past they used speed gun data, speeds from the hand & then the ones at batsmen's end. This would be more accurate now with Hawkeye, they used that but I'm not sure if they pay broadcasters for that or something else?

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

He swungs it too much ,you need subtle and late swing at a whippy pace ,too much swing and you lose control and also easy for the batsman to pick.

Key being there is pace,he was tad short moving it with that sort of pace

As you said very easy to judge the swing and play accordingly,he was trying to not to get over short square leg boundaries

He does that time and again, resulting India not getting wickets in the powerplay,on top of that he's very bad in his end overs

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Either way ironically it is the lack of FTBs that caused our exit. Someone like Virendar Sehwag or even Prithvi shaw from this era. 

sehwag is not an out-and-out FTB, he could bat even on spinning pitches.

Shaw on the other hand can't bat well even on pattas

Just now, Vijy said:

sehwag is not an out-and-out FTB, he could bat even on spinning pitches.

Shaw on the other hand can't bat well even on pattas

Sehwag is FTB and some. I mean on flat tracks against Curran ji, Stoke ji he would have run riot. Rashid, LIvingstone would have regretted choosing cricket as a profession had they bowled to him here.

4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Sehwag is FTB and some. I mean on flat tracks against Curran ji, Stoke ji he would have run riot. Rashid, LIvingstone would have regretted choosing cricket as a profession had they bowled to him here.

I am saying he was not only an FTB. of course he could do very well on flat tracks.