Visit Saudi?

Mariyam

On 4/13/2023 at 10:52 PM, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

Egypt, why even Petra has more on offer from an archaeological standpoint than SA at the moment.

That rules out many "archaeo-tourists".

From an entertainment/shopaholic standpoint, maybe there will be some takers. But would that exceed the current throng who frequent the Shopping festivals etc; is debatable. MBS is trying to diversify revenue streams (understandably) but it feels like build it and they will come. The lamp is flickering brighter but is it at its brightest yet ?

Chuckte Raho

TC

petra is great

11 minutes ago, Throwaib_Chuckter said:

Yep, the temple I was told was of the 3 goddesses Al'Uzza, Allat, and Manat. It was a pilgrimage site in yesteryears.

Chuckte Raho

TC

The Arabian religion (i.e., pre-islam) had an interesting mythology, which is mostly forgotten now - even in Comp Mythol (comparative mythology) classes I took a while ago, it was not mentioned at all

19 minutes ago, Vijy said:

The Arabian religion (i.e., pre-islam) had an interesting mythology, which is mostly forgotten now - even in Comp Mythol (comparative mythology) classes I took a while ago, it was not mentioned at all

Depends on the country/university/course.

You should be able to find materials about historical Nabataen religious practices across many uni websites worldwide.
The_Religious_Life_of_Nabataea.pdf (dur.ac.uk)

(PDF) Nabataean Religion and Its Pantheon Through Pre-Islamic and Early Islam Sources: al-Lāt, al-ʽUzzā and Manāt | Lamia Kenoussi لامية كنوسي - Academia.edu

Chuckte Raho

TC