Steve Smith- the most clutch batsman in history?

aussie bowlers are overrated. they are carried by smith. Goat smith. if india had him, we would pummel every team. not one batsman close to his class. 

hell khawaja head and labu are superior to all our batsmen. even head. barring pant no one comes close. 

100th test for Modern Test Great. Most impactful, unique batsman i guess i will ever see in my lifetime.

Looking back at his best performance in overseas against top countries.

These are matches Australia has won in his presence in top 5 countries (Away/Neutral)

ttGzBcj.png

Birmingham (1st Ashes) test this year was his first match in which he did not perform in both of the innings yet Australia went on win the match. We know wins in these countries are rare as they are really good at their home. Many time it's not that he just scores runs in first half of match and he is done for match. When there is threat that opposition might comeback in second half he plays well in second half according to situation whenever required. This shows how much impact he has on result of game and his overall average isn't inflated with soft runs. Add to this his exceptional fielding and catches he takes in almost every match.

For comparison here are other players of this era.

gNxMhd2.png

Edited by Nikola