• Scott Boland
    • Mitchell Starc
    • Josh Hazlewood
    • Nathan Lyon
    • Todd Murphy

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

yes, not an LOI bowler at all. a bit like philander, but better

He is already better than Philander? 

A sub 25 averaging bowler with 250 wkts, who has won SA multiple series? 

I know he wasn't great in Aus but effectiveness in other conditions also count. 

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

I feel boland is better because even early-career Phil was slightly behind boland in two respects: he was about 3-4 kph slower, got a little less bounce.

I agree these are early days, of course.

14 hours ago, Adamant said:

He is quicker, taller and more accurate than Philander. 

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

He is quicker, taller and more accurate than Philander. 

More accurate? Not at all. 

Let's see how he does in Ashes. Philander has a great record in Aus, Eng, Nz, Sa. 

I don't think Boland will come close, it was very difficult for a batsman to smash Philander on the other hand Boland will get mauled regularly.

16 hours ago, Adamant said:

Let's see how he does in Ashes. Philander has a great record in Aus, Eng, Nz, Sa. 

I don't think Boland will come close, it was very difficult for a batsman to smash Philander on the other hand Boland will get mauled regularly.

Philander was dangerous in seam friendly conditions. Not a lead bowler like steyn but is very good.

On 6/19/2023 at 4:45 PM, Adamant said:

There is actually concrete evidence that he is more accurate than any bowler since ball tracking began in 2006. Boland land 55 % of his deliveries on a good line and length. That's 10 % higher than the next on the list - Ollie Robinson. Philander is lower than that. Philander was difficult to hit on certain surfaces and he didn't play on some of the flatter wickets SA had to play on in his career. Boland's ceiling is much higher

16 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

There is actually concrete evidence that he is more accurate than any bowler since ball tracking began in 2006. Boland land 55 % of his deliveries on a good line and length. That's 10 % higher than the next on the list - Ollie Robinson. Philander is lower than that. Philander was difficult to hit on certain surfaces and he didn't play on some of the flatter wickets SA had to play on in his career. Boland's ceiling is much higher

If Boland acheives more than Philander I will leave watching cricket bcoz for me it's very easy to see that Boland is at best a siddle level bowler.
By achievement I actually mean cricketing achievements not hypothetical situations

Edited by Adamant
6 minutes ago, Adamant said:

If Boland acheives more than Philander I will leave watching cricket bcoz for me it's very easy to see that Boland is at best a siddle level bowler.
By achievement I actually mean cricketing achievements not hypothetical situations

Philander played on some ridiculously helpful surfaces in SA. It's actually very easy to see that Boland's ceiling is much higher. he is taller, much quicker and much more accurate. 

If you see the image attached, Philander is not even in the conversation for top 5 most accurate bowlers. And Boland is definitely has more pace and bounce than Philander.

boland.webp

1 minute ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Philander played on some ridiculously helpful surfaces in SA. It's actually very easy to see that Boland's ceiling is much higher. he is taller, much quicker and much more accurate. 

If you see the image attached, Philander is not even in the conversation for top 5 most accurate bowlers. And Boland is definitely has more pace and bounce than Philander.

boland.webp

Let his sample size grow, then we will discuss this.
Boland doesn't have the same skills as Philander, it was incredibly hard to score against him, also unlike Boland Philander destroyed England in England and he did it against a better batting lineup.

I"ll definitely go with my eyes on this one.

5 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

boland.webp

Yea you could see from his pitch map that he hits specific lengths robotically. Probably that may be the reason why he will be targeted by ENgland on flat pitches. He is only a support cast bowler as of now. So he is doing a great job.

6 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

boland.webp

Where did you get this graphic from?

On 6/21/2023 at 5:22 PM, Nikola said:

If there is bit of help at lords then play boland he will get most out of pitch and that slope should help him due to his accuracy. If it's completely flat wicket then go with starc.

Boland absolutely has to play. Day 1 Edgbaston was apparently the most batter friendly conditons in England ever. Even then, he ha induced an edge and had a dropped catch off him. On that wicket, you have to hold on to every chance or your figures will get damaged. 

At Lord's he will be more effective simply because of the slope. Starc will be hammered with his floaty lengths.