Harshit Rana

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rana was supposed to be ready to play for India. So why does him playing against older Pakistani batsmen make a difference in his performance.

He is still WIP, there is no point in rushing to play for India and get his confidence ruined.We need to give him time to develop.

Brother. We will keep saying this then bcci will debute him when he is 30 not 23. 

This is the same excuse the oldies use to keep prolonging their careers. 

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Rana was supposed to be ready to play for India. So why does him playing against older Pakistani batsmen make a difference in his performance.

He is still WIP, there is no point in rushing to play for India and get his confidence ruined.We need to give him time to develop.

But finished articles turns out to the likes of Mukesh Kumar, Unadkat, Avesh etc.

7 minutes ago, Vijy said:

rishi dhawan, dhawal kulkarni, boobi coomer, vinny coomer, etc

I dont blame them tbh. It's bcci's fault. They treat fast bowlers like dirt bags. Like uncouth idiots. As if they are the working class. It's beneath them. 

All credit always goes to batsmen. Until that changes, our selection process will be the same. 

It changed only under kohli and it was exciting but he started supporting undeserving batsmen, just to shield his spot so he gets overlooked for his poor performances which conversely ruined all the hardwork that went into developing quicks. 

1 hour ago, wazza said:

I dont blame them tbh. It's bcci's fault. They treat fast bowlers like dirt bags. Like uncouth idiots. As if they are the working class. It's beneath them. 

All credit always goes to batsmen. Until that changes, our selection process will be the same. 

It changed only under kohli and it was exciting but he started supporting undeserving batsmen, just to shield his spot so he gets overlooked for his poor performances which conversely ruined all the hardwork that went into developing quicks. 

Plus it also lead to selection of bowlers like Bhuvi over Shami because they can supposedly "bat a bit".

Our sole pace all-rounder "Hardik Pandya" don't want to play Tests, and BCCI instead of grooming a replacement tried to manage by using Shardul Thakur and Unadkut.  Shardul is good for 4th pacer but he can't play as 3rd seamer..adding to more confusion.

10 hours ago, tapandrun said:

But finished articles turns out to the likes of Mukesh Kumar, Unadkat, Avesh etc.

They were selected based on excellent FC performances. They were rewarded spot against weaker team.  I don't agree with it but you can understand the reasoning behind it.

Unlike some of people here , who keep hopping from one player to another player, selectors have to cater for every player.

A guy with 7 FC games under him not getting selected to play for India in WI is not selection blunder by any means.

Edited by putrevus
2 hours ago, putrevus said:

They were selected based on excellent FC performances. They were rewarded spot against weaker team.  I don't agree with it but you can understand the reasoning behind it.

Unlike some of people here , who keep hopping from one player to another player, selectors have to cater for every player.

A guy with 7 FC games under him not getting selected to play for India in WI is not selection blunder by any means.

It's a major blunder. Slow trundlers. Shorties with no bounce should never be picked. Period

Harshit should have been unleashed. There is Sen who has played close to 30 games. He isnt injured.

Even keverappa over this duds is fine. They should unleash the fast bowlers. Short shelf life. No need to preserve them till they are 30

8 minutes ago, wazza said:

It's a major blunder. Slow trundlers. Shorties with no bounce should never be picked. Period

Harshit should have been unleashed. There is Sen who has played close to 30 games. He isnt injured.

Even keverappa over this duds is fine. They should unleash the fast bowlers. Short shelf life. No need to preserve them till they are 30

What unleash, stop hyping people , that guy Arshad was generating more bounce than this guy.

14 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What unleash, stop hyping people , that guy Arshad was generating more bounce than this guy.

With white ball. Go home and watch harshit bowl with the red ball. Compare that to a scrub like arshad. Then let's have a chat.

Don't unleash them. Stay backward. Keep clinging on to old farts and koomars and undacutta. 

Your re the classic selector. 

Stop mixing up formats omg. 

How are these bird brains in selection committe look. Oh wait. Ofcourse it's india. 

Don't conflate performance in white ball with red ball. You do know the difference I hope? One is red. The other one is white.

White ball doesn't swing much. Lacquer isn't as pronounced. Behaves differently. 

Edited by wazza
3 hours ago, putrevus said:

Selectors need to cater the players with potential...not just any lallu panju who is a domestic veteran has to be rewarded with India Cap.

We have done that mistake in past with Chetan Sakariya, Shivam Dube, Vijay Shankar, Sandeep Sharma, Vinay Kumar..the list is endless. You know very well how that turned out.

47 minutes ago, putrevus said:

One match isn't the enough sample size bro...you have seen Harshit in IPL and probably in Ranji matches as well..he is serious potential. New guys can have setbacks here and there....ultimate goal of this tournament was to find out the next gen players and we punched above the weight to reach finals despite not a single player with international experience

1 hour ago, singhvivek141 said:

Selectors need to cater the players with potential...not just any lallu panju who is a domestic veteran has to be rewarded with India Cap.

We have done that mistake in past with Chetan Sakariya, Shivam Dube, Vijay Shankar, Sandeep Sharma, Vinay Kumar..the list is endless. You know very well how that turned out.

Your list is great but who were left out when those guys were selected is the question which needs to be answered.

Vijay Shankar was selected basically to have another bowling option as Indian top order had no one who could bowl even one over.

Dube falls into the same category of guy who could use long handle while having ability to bowl.

It is fine and dandy to say these type of players should not be selected but they need to have better options available.

Rana’s non selection was not a mistake based on what I saw from him during Emerging Asian cup series. He still needs time. I would not ruin him forever by selecting him too early.

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

One match isn't the enough sample size bro...you have seen Harshit in IPL and probably in Ranji matches as well..he is serious potential. New guys can have setbacks here and there....ultimate goal of this tournament was to find out the next gen players and we punched above the weight to reach finals despite not a single player with international experience

I have already said Rana has all the tools to be successful.IMO selecting him to team  India and him failing there and being discarded forever would be a great loss for Indian cricket.

Him playing this tournament over playing for India in West Indies was right decision for his growth.Him facing international level batsmen is a learning curve for him.He will become better bowler due to this experience. His captain Yash did not help him one bit also .

Should they have selected other fast bowlers over the trundlers who got selected  is another topic by itself.

I have already said guy like Jaidev Unadkt has no business of playing for India , he cannot swing the new ball nor can he reverse swing and he proved me right by unable to pick even one wicket.There was no upside for selecting this guy.He got his reward for his FC achievements in Bangladesh that should have been end of his international career.

Still I would not have selected Rana in place Jaidev as he needs more time.

Edited by putrevus
4 minutes ago, putrevus said:

I have already said Rana has all the tools to be successful.IMO selecting him to team  India and him failing there and being discarded forever would be a great loss for Indian cricket.

Him playing this tournament over playing for India in West Indies was right decision for his growth.Him facing international level batsmen is a learning curve for him.He will become better bowler due to this experience. His captain Yash did not help him one bit also .

Should they have selected other fast bowlers over the trundlers who got selected  is another topic by itself.

I have already said guy like Jaidev Unadkt has no business of playing for India , he cannot swing the new ball nor can he reverse swing and he proved me right by unable to pick even one wicket.There was no uside for selecting this guy.He got his reward for his FC achievements in Bangladesh that should have been end of his international career.

Still I would not have selected Rana in place Jaidev as he needs more time.

I would slightly differ from your opinion.

If suppose Bumrah, Shami and Siraj all 3 are fit and in form.

Then in the test series which we are going to play in SA, I would play 2 of the above + Rana as your 3rd pacer. I will keep Prasidh as well in mix (If he is fit).

Rana should bowl alongside Shami and Bumrah and Siraj. He will learn from them more than what he can while sitting on bench.

We need to allow bowlers like Rana, Tyagi, Prasidh to blossom. ...Siraj found his path when he played in Australia. I trust the next gen pacers as well to do fine if they play.

11 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

I would slightly differ from your opinion.

If suppose Bumrah, Shami and Siraj all 3 are fit and in form.

Then in the test series which we are going to play in SA, I would play 2 of the above + Rana as your 3rd pacer. I will keep Prasidh as well in mix (If he is fit).

Rana should bowl alongside Shami and Bumrah and Siraj. He will learn from them more than what he can while sitting on bench.

We need to allow bowlers like Rana, Tyagi, Prasidh to blossom. ...Siraj found his path when he played in Australia. I trust the next gen pacers as well to do fine if they play.

But they were not playing here, we are talking about West Indies tour only.

Team to SA is completely different, it is after 5 more months. Five months is a life time in young man's career. He will learn so much by  playing more matches.

He should be in the squad for SA and then to Australia.

Tyagi's issue is very bother some, he should have been playing for India by now. He was in the squad in Australia in 2021 and it is 2023, he should have cracked Indian team in all formats by now.Why is he not playing even for Zonal teams is the bigger issue.

Edited by putrevus
3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

But they were not playing here, we are talking about West Indies tour only.

Team to SA is completely different, it is after 5 more months. Five months is a life time in young man's career. He will learn so much by place more.

He should be in the squad for SA and then to Australia.

Tyagi's issue is very bother some, he should have been playing for India by now. He was in the squad in Australia in 2021 and it is 2023, he should have cracked Indian team in all formats by now.Why is he not playing even for Zonal teams is the bigger issue.

Yeah, he is fit and posting videos of his gym sessions on insta. But tbh he is doing too much weight lifting and pressure on his back.

Someone should advice him to follow the farmer routine which Shami does...too much gymming in my view is one of the reasons for the back injuries which we're seeing with these quicks.

8 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Yeah, he is fit and posting videos of his gym sessions on insta. But tbh he is doing too much weight lifting and pressure on his back.

Someone should advice him to follow the farmer routine which Shami does...too much gymming in my view is one of the reasons for the back injuries which we're seeing with these quicks.

Still it does not answer the bigger question why was he not playing in Deodhar trophy or Duleep trophy.

Was he not selected, selectors must be insane  not to select this guy over those useless bozos who are playing there.

Edited by putrevus