Harshit Rana

Harshit Rana is a right-arm pacer who plays for Delhi in domestic cricket.

He made his First-Class debut during the 2022/23 Ranji Trophy against Assam in Guwahati.Rana picked up 21 wickets in five games in the tournament at an average of 26.66.No other bowler took more wickets for Delhi.

The pace-bowling all-rounder also scored 152 runs at a decent average of 30.40.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Very happy that Harshit has scored a  century in red ball cricket.

This TM select bowlers for their batting ability and the batters for their modelling ability.

So it bodes well that a high quality, tall and quick pacer like Harshit can bat too.

The selectors can also assess if a young , promising ,talented player is selected over a older  player who may not play in the Indian team,can.do to the confidence of that player.

I hope he remains injury free...we have seen that when one quick bowler gets injured. His injury is often screwed by the NCA which leaves us short of options.

Harshit has grown a lot from last year, he is very close to India cap and one more good season will make him a serious contender as our pace stocks needs immediate replenishment. That's where I am unhappy with the fitness of Prasidh, Tyagi and Sen...they can't afford to miss the opportunity now.

6 hours ago, Need4Speed said:

Injuries are bound to happen..on\off the field..hence we need to groom 4 such bowlers and keep them rotating..else go down to the bottom when we are over reliant on a single bowler like Bumrah..

That's a herculean task for our selectors. They aren't fit to even groom one quicks, 4 is toooooo much for their (in)capability.

On 7/1/2023 at 4:09 AM, singhvivek141 said:

That's a herculean task for our selectors. They aren't fit to even groom one quicks, 4 is toooooo much for their (in)capability.

On 7/1/2023 at 6:17 AM, tweaker said:

They are more intetested in 30 + short medium pace bowler who can bowl at 110 kmph + speeds .

58 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Unfortunately that's a mentality problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the selectors get unfair stick from people here for this. Where are these pace men who the selectors are ignoring?

If anything it is the opposite: Sen, Prasidh, Dayal been given chances but unfortunately injury cut them short.

Umran has played for the A team despite little FC experience, and ahead of more seasoned campaigners PURELY based on his pace.

People here love Kartik Tyagi, he has played only two FC match and one of that was for India A.

Any pacemen with promise is getting opportunities. Unfortunately there are not many of those and some of those who are around are injured.

On 6/29/2023 at 6:28 PM, express bowling said:

I have very high hopes of Harshit Rana.

He is fast, tall, bouncy, moves the ball and has decent accuracy. He is a genuine wicket taker. Has a nasty bouncer which he can keep on bowling and decent indipping yorker. 

Biggest plus is that he has had a good FC season and a good IPL too. 

Stats say he only played 6 games with moderate returns

1 hour ago, Sooda said:

I think the selectors get unfair stick from people here for this. Where are these pace men who the selectors are ignoring?

If anything it is the opposite: Sen, Prasidh, Dayal been given chances but unfortunately injury cut them short.

Umran has played for the A team despite little FC experience, and ahead of more seasoned campaigners PURELY based on his pace.

People here love Kartik Tyagi, he has played only two FC match and one of that was for India A.

Sen was ignored forever unless he caught everyone's attention in IPL and then he blew everyone in the domestic tournaments after. He outbowled Mukesh Kumar in the Irani Trophy game where he played alongside Umran.

One injury and now he is not part of any tournaments..while Jaydev Unadkut and Mukesh gets a direct pass in Test Squad despite being injured/rubbish in IPL. Harshit Rana in comparison is still playing domestic when he is one of the future quicks which we should be looking at instead of Mukesh and Jaydev. Next year if Harshit also gets injured at some point, he will also fall in the oblivion while selectors will pickup some other trundler who don't want to put strain on their body.

Selectors and BCCI have different parameter against quicks. 

6 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Stats also say Mukesh Kumar has a List A bowling average of 37..still he is selected for ODI leg of WI tour.

so much corruption. but wouldnt india winning help? i had a think about it. Apparently given how popular cricket is, winning actually doesnt help india much. its marketability of players that help boost indian revenue. Thats why we will always play seniors who are established and have a name. Also, other nations winning help create rivalries. it boosts sales. If india continue to win, hypothetically speaking, cricket's popularity will decline. t20 is the right format to garner exposure. Makes more sense to see india come close and then lose. we will get the occasional win ofcourse but given how our management runs things, we wont win an icc title for the next few years i guess. 

5 hours ago, wazza said:

so much corruption. but wouldnt india winning help? i had a think about it. Apparently given how popular cricket is, winning actually doesnt help india much. its marketability of players that help boost indian revenue. Thats why we will always play seniors who are established and have a name. Also, other nations winning help create rivalries. it boosts sales. If india continue to win, hypothetically speaking, cricket's popularity will decline. t20 is the right format to garner exposure. Makes more sense to see india come close and then lose. we will get the occasional win ofcourse but given how our management runs things, we wont win an icc title for the next few years i guess. 

The  Great conspiracy theory :D

5 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

The  Great conspiracy theory :D

Too much pak passion reading maybe lol. 

Trying to understand why we are so corrupt with selections. 

Guess if you look at the young gen talents, they are quality but none are really marketable.

Pant is an outlier. He talks smack. He knows how to rile opponents. He is. Marketable. Although his physique needs work. 

Others not so much.