Threads, anyone?

BacktoCricaddict

Apparently, Threads is en fuego (catching on fire) and has become a viable alternative to Muskwitter. 

I used Twitter not to post, but to simply view tweets from scientists, science-journals and science-writers who specialized in food and medicine.  I learned a lot from these resources and was able to keep up with the most recent developments. But when they started requiring a log in to even view tweets, I was done with it. It's been a few weeks now since I spent any time on Twitter.

So, should I do Threads?  Not so sure.  My children tell me you have to have "Insta" to have Threads.  Not going there yet.

Who here is on Threads?  Advice? Experiences to share?

Don’t think this is catching on fire. It is mostly younger kids and few oldies on instagram who are forced in to this new thing. The user base is what makes a social media company. Twitter definitely has wide user base and next would be tik tok may be.

Edited by gattaca

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

Yes, have to be on Insta to use it.

Looks better option that twitter though.

They said it won't have encourage politics which is what I want. Though wondering how they'll enforce it.

Threads isn’t for news and politics, says Instagram’s boss - The Verge

Every time someone says they will not encourage politics they are fooling you. Facebook started as network for college students then opened to all audiences. Then they started banning republican members(although some of them have xenophobic views still they should ban them may be add disclaimers or fact checks like twitter does). It’s all about money and building user base. Once you have user base they will open it for political views. Politics is major money spinner for them.