Supreme court turns down same sex marriage and the right of same sex couples to adopt kids

bharathh

5 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

To all calling this a regressive step, listen to the arguments against the marriage, it has repercussions to the way marriages are defined and used in property laws, succession etc. Consenting adults can fcuk around all they want legally now, but so many laws need to be amended to give them same rights for marriage and adoption. Also, the west is more prepared with domestic partnerships clauses even without marriage between opposite sex (live-in) . The volume of people affected by this refusal is minuscule in India to make it a national outrage. Let’s get all rapists indicted first.There are more worrying aspects of our society.

This is a very poor argument. Science is still trying to understand non binary gender and he is giving his opinion and making fun. A half way decent lawyer can rip him apart in few minutes.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

This is a very poor argument. Science is still trying to understand non binary gender and he is giving his opinion and making fun. A half way decent lawyer can rip him apart in few minutes.

You know he is the SG right? Tushar Gupta is  One of the best legal minds of the country. He is explaining the complexities of using the gender definitions to match our domestic laws. 

1 hour ago, Khota said:

This is not a discussion forum where you can make a Khota out of yourself. You actually have to answer the questions asked or prove what you want to say without saying I've already answered it. 

Edited by bharathh

5 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

You know he is the SG right? Tushar Gupta is  One of the best legal minds of the country. He is explaining the complexities of using the gender definitions to match our domestic laws. 

No he is not. If you recognize homosexual marriage, every other law stays the same. 

Same sex marriage does not affect any other law directly. No laws were changed en masse to accommodate same sex marriage in other countries.

He is also not a scientist to explain nonbinary individuals. 

Which part of India constitution is violated if homosexuals do get married. That is what he needs to address which he did not.

Just now, Khota said:

No he is not. If you recognize homosexual marriage, every other law stays the same. 

Same sex marriage does not affect any other law directly. No laws were changed en masse to accommodate same sex marriage in other countries.

He is also not a scientist to explain nonbinary individuals. 

Which part of India constitution is violated if homosexuals do get married. That is what he needs to address which he did not.

Did you watch the video where he explains the complications of marriage? :phehe:

He answered all those questions.

2 minutes ago, bharathh said:

This is not a discussion forum where you can make a Khota out of yourself. You actually have to answer the questions asked or prove what you want to say without saying I've already answered it. 

First you do not understand what khota means. I forgive your ignorance but there is lot of that I do regularly.

I have answered the question if you can read.

1 minute ago, bharathh said:

Did you watch the video where he explains the complications of marriage? :phehe:

He answered all those questions.

I watched the video. He was making a big deal out of nothing. Once you recognize same sex marriage no other law changes directly.

1 hour ago, Khota said:

I watched the video. He was making a big deal out of nothing. Once you recognize same sex marriage no other law changes directly.

Ok 

Pls answer the questions he raised then around definitions of people in the relationship which decides everything from property rights to business succession laws. How would it work in a gender fluid world where one day I can identify myself a pigeon or a maintee?

Edited by bharathh

Just now, bharathh said:

Ok 

Pls answer the questions he raised then around definitions of people in the relationship which decides everything from property rights to who succession laws - say a business. How would it work in a gender fluid world where one day I can identify myself a pigeon or a maintee?

It is manatee but I will move on.

If someone describes themselves as male or female as long as they are entitled to the property, how does it affect it. And there are work arounds that, which are easy.

23 minutes ago, bharathh said:

This is not a discussion forum where you can make a Khota out of yourself. 

You at times annoy me a lot. You don't know the meaning of khota and assume you know it. 

Let me start by a story to explain it.

The 6th grade science teacher, Mrs. Parks, asked her class, "Which human body part increases to ten times its size when stimulated?"

No one answered until little bharathh stood up and said, "You should not be asking sixth graders a question like that! I'm going to tell my parents, and they will go and tell the principal, who will then fire you!"

Mrs. Parks ignored her and asked the question again, "Which body part increases to 10 times its size when stimulated?"

Little bharathh's mouth fell open. Then she said to those around her, "Boy, is she going to get in big trouble!"

The teacher continued to ignore her and said to the class, "Anybody?"

Finally, Billy stood up, looked around nervously, and said, "The body part that increases 10 times its size when stimulated is the pupil of the eye."

Mrs. Parks said, "Very good, Billy," then turned to bharathh and continued. "As for you, young lady, I have three things to say:

One, you have a dirty mind. Two, you didn't read your homework And three, one day you are going to be very, very disappointed."

Having said that let me explain the term khota. I am a fan of Sioux Indian culture. In Sioux tribal language khota means friend or an ally.

9 minutes ago, Khota said:

You at times annoy me a lot. You don't know the meaning of khota and assume you know it. 

Let me start by a story to explain it.

The 6th grade science teacher, Mrs. Parks, asked her class, "Which human body part increases to ten times its size when stimulated?"

No one answered until little bharathh stood up and said, "You should not be asking sixth graders a question like that! I'm going to tell my parents, and they will go and tell the principal, who will then fire you!"

Mrs. Parks ignored her and asked the question again, "Which body part increases to 10 times its size when stimulated?"

Little bharathh's mouth fell open. Then she said to those around her, "Boy, is she going to get in big trouble!"

The teacher continued to ignore her and said to the class, "Anybody?"

Finally, Billy stood up, looked around nervously, and said, "The body part that increases 10 times its size when stimulated is the pupil of the eye."

Mrs. Parks said, "Very good, Billy," then turned to bharathh and continued. "As for you, young lady, I have three things to say:

One, you have a dirty mind. Two, you didn't read your homework And three, one day you are going to be very, very disappointed."

Having said that let me explain the term khota. I am a fan of Sioux Indian culture. In Sioux tribal language khota means friend or an ally.

I think the Punjabi definition suits you to a T. You always live up to that definition. Btw I am not gender fluid. I am he/him if you prefer. 

9 minutes ago, cowboysfan said:

SC basically punted the case to Centre and told them to form the committee to look into the issues of same sex couples.the BJP government wont touch that with a ten foot pole with elections around the corner.

Having a uniform civil code is necessary before we even approach topics like legalisation of marriage, adoption etc. 

10 minutes ago, bharathh said:

Having a uniform civil code is necessary before we even approach topics like legalisation of marriage, adoption etc. 

https://www.indiatoday.in/law/story/law-panel-report-on-uniform-civil-code-to-exclude-same-sex-marriage-sources-2442307-2023-09-29

only a deep  political resolve will change it.Congress will never be for it because of their vote bank.I am not sure even the BP will be for it even if they win the election.I do think they will try to implement UCC if they win the election but they will not take up same sex marriage.

15 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

To all calling this a regressive step, listen to the arguments against the marriage, it has repercussions to the way marriages are defined and used in property laws, succession etc. Consenting adults can fcuk around all they want legally now, but so many laws need to be amended to give them same rights for marriage and adoption. Also, the west is more prepared with domestic partnerships clauses even without marriage between opposite sex (live-in) . The volume of people affected by this refusal is minuscule in India to make it a national outrage. Let’s get all rapists indicted first.There are more worrying aspects of our society.

These are first world problem solutions and are only suited for one - the first world.

India does not have the standard of living and comforts yet where issues like these take the centre stage.

First create a healthy job market like the US of 80s/90s before we can focus on woke stuff.

Edited by MechEng