Abdullah Shafique

sandeep

6 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Easy hojao. 

He is good but will need time to get in line with international cricket. Even if he is selected, he might fail as well - but it is important to back him. 

Abhi bhi kaunsa world beaters khel rahay hain, give him time. Back talent.

pehlay nawaz jaise fake match winners khila rahay hain.

9 minutes ago, the don said:

Abhi bhi kaunsa world beaters khel rahay hain, give him time. Back talent.

pehlay nawaz jaise fake match winners khila rahay hain.

They wont drop Imam right now. 

Saim can only be inducted after world cup if Imam keeps failing.

Nawaz is actually good, but do you expect him to make 95 runs with team already 7 down? 

30 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

They wont drop Imam right now. 

Saim can only be inducted after world cup if Imam keeps failing.

Nawaz is actually good, but do you expect him to make 95 runs with team already 7 down? 

Nawaz is good? Whats his ODI record like vs top teams?

Just now, Autonomous said:

Saim Ayub scored double ton in QEA Final. We are stuck with duds like Imam.

Good to see him developing. He is our biggest bet in white ball. He can set the trend for white ball batting here in the PSL. Must become a permanent after the worldcup.

33 minutes ago, bsriharsha said:

Firstly get an identity other than tuktuk. 

Pakistan batting is too reactive. All their batsmen have limitations and can be contained with specific gameplans. Their scoring rate won't trouble most teams either.

Which is why we need a guy like Saim who plays freely. 

1 hour ago, Autonomous said:

Which is why we need a guy like Saim who plays freely. 

One guy isn't going to fix your problems. 

It's a coaching and captaincy thing. The leadership needs to give enough confidence to the player to go for his shots even if it means he fails during his adjustment period. 

I don't see Pakistani cricket doing this. Their batsmen are timid. Their game is reactive and the fans are too happy with flashes in the pan once in a while. 

10 years from now and they'll still be talking about that particular CT win while still playing cricket like it's the 2000's

2 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

One guy isn't going to fix your problems. 

It's a coaching and captaincy thing. The leadership needs to give enough confidence to the player to go for his shots even if it means he fails during his adjustment period. 

I don't see Pakistani cricket doing this. Their batsmen are timid. Their game is reactive and the fans are too happy with flashes in the pan once in a while. 

10 years from now and they'll still be talking about that particular CT win while still playing cricket like it's the 2000's

Yeah. 

Babar Azam plays timid cricket tbf. 

I actually think the batting is fine . Obviously , they are not a patch on SA/IND/OZ in terms of elite quality .

But I fail to see why it's any worse than other sides.   

They are solid, consistent batters and even unproven batters like Abdullah and Saud (in this format) can do a decent job. 

The problem is the bowling.  Shadab is rubbish . Nawaz can't make it as a bowler alone . He's another fraud as an allrounder .

Pace bench strength is either injured or not skilled enough or just brainless as usual and a few have regressed - Dahani in particular 

Haris Rauf is the dumbest 150 kph bowler I've seen in my life.

Currently, batting is Pakistan's strong suit regardless of whether it compares with the best or not. 

2 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I actually think the batting is fine . Obviously , they are not a patch on SA/IND/OZ in terms of elite quality .

They are solid, consistent batters and even unproven batters like Abdullah and Saud (in this format) can do a decent job. 

The problem is the bowling.  Shadab is rubbish . Nawaz can't make it as a bowler alone . He's another fraud as an allrounder .

Pace bench strength is either injured or not skilled enough or just brainless as usual and a few have regressed - Dahani in particular 

Currently, batting is Pakistan's strong suit regardless of whether it compares with the best or not. 

yes, their bowling is on the wane. rauf and afridi have regressed, naseem is perpetually going to break down, and their spin ARs can't spin for toffee

4 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Agree but if you add NZ & England (despite England's failure this WC , they do have a strong batting line-up) , Pakistan is the 6th strongest batting line-up. 

In a field of 10 test playing nations , that makes them bang average. And this WC is being held in the subcontinent where teams like Pakistan have the advantage condition wise. 

Point is most teams have a serviceable batting line-up and Pakistan is just one of those , and 5 other teams have better batting ability in 50 overs cricket than Pakistan. 

8 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

I don't think so. 

367 against Australia was chaseable.

It was a batting paradise.