What is India's best XI in the knockout matches now - considering form and pitches ?

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

2 were enough. Pandya if fit can do what Siraj did.

No he cannot, Siraj is legit fast bowler who had bad tournament.

Pandya on his good day will  give 6 plus runs and will pick one or two wickets.

Siraj when right will be a weapon with his swing with new ball.

Bits and pieces player like Pandya can fill few overs here and there but he cannot be your third seamer.He will always need a caddy to finish his overs.

Other bowlers are bowling extremely well so Pandya weaknesses are not getting exposed.

6 minutes ago, Lord said:

2 were enough. Pandya if fit can do what Siraj did.

There is a very narrow window available . The status till yesterday was that he has started his first batting session for a brief period . Has not yet even tried bowling. If there is any chance of playing , he has to join the team before last league match vs netherlands. That means he has just 1 week .

Can he regain full bowling fitness in 1 week ? Do not think so. 

To me looks like most probably he may play vs netherlands  mostly as a batter with couple of overs of cutters at reduced speed .

His preparation at NCA starting with batting session ,  looks like his role will be as one of  top 6 batters with an option to bowl few overs if needed . 

If he cannot recover by then most probably we may have to take a gamble of 5 bowlers like yesterday and willy nilly bank upon Gill, VK if there is an emergency in KO games .

So question of fully fit Pandya bowling full 10 overs as 5th bowler in place of Siraj looks very doubtful .  

29 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

There is a very narrow window available . The status till yesterday was that he has started his first batting session for a brief period . Has not yet even tried bowling. If there is any chance of playing , he has to join the team before last league match vs netherlands. That means he has just 1 week .

Can he regain full bowling fitness in 1 week ? Do not think so. 

To me looks like most probably he may play vs netherlands  mostly as a batter with couple of overs of cutters at reduced speed .

His preparation at NCA starting with batting session ,  looks like his role will be as one of  top 6 batters with an option to bowl few overs if needed . 

If he cannot recover by then most probably we may have to take a gamble of 5 bowlers like yesterday and willy nilly bank upon Gill, VK if there is an emergency in KO games .

So question of fully fit Pandya bowling full 10 overs as 5th bowler in place of Siraj looks very doubtful .  

Let's see. Gill returned earlier than what we all thought. 

If he's not bowling fit. I'd not play him and trust Surya.

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Yeah I'm only talking if Hardik is fit to bowl. Otherwise better to stick with same combination

This is really important.

We all know the Madness that is Indian Cricket.

Pandya only comes back into the team if he can bowl, 10 overs. If he cant,  he should be competing than for a position with Iyer and SKY.

I am afraid that Pandya will say he can bowl and get a fit certificate somehow only to ditch India during a match. I cant trust his fitness for rest of the world cup. 

All rounders are great for balance but not with repeated injuries and fitness gaps. the Amazing Kapil DEV was a machine and people compare this Pandu to him just because he is a seam bowling allrounder. 

Not sure we can have another like KAPIL with same ability, fitness and drive to play long format cricket. It is clear Pandya mostly loves T20.

That said I will be glad if Pandya is fully fit and come back to Indian side before the Semi finals.

Edited by cricspirit