Bangladesh Cricket : Is this The End ?

Number

They don't have any talent coming through, in my eyes. Their 2005-08 batch is still the best they have produced and they are still carrying this team - Shakib, Tamim,  Mushfiq, Mahumullah etc. The newer crop is way below international standards.

They will most probably miss out on Champions Trophy spot. They used to manage to get into these tournaments without playing qualifiers by being in good ICC rankings (courtsey : poor pitches at home). Once the team starts missing out on tournaments, it misses out on ICC money and a lot of other sources of income. This will further accelerate them on the downward spiral.

Their fans used to be very hopeful of their team doing well and used to support them with a lot of passion but now even that is changing. Interest of fans is also dying. 

Post 2018 Asia Cup, they hv been rubbish in every format incl.ODIs.   (1 unexpected odi series win in SA, 1 Test win in NZ and 1 series win at home vs Ind).   Apart from that, they hv nothing to show for.  And it's not just the poor performance in ICC tournaments but the one sided manner of losing in every game which is embarassing. Losing to an associate side like Ned by around 100 runs sums it up :hysterical:  

5 minutes ago, bsriharsha said:

I think they've got some good youngsters coming in. The problem is sticking to the seniors for way too long. 

The seniors in the Bangladesh squad with their politics etc are cancer. They'll have a better chance if they drop them and focus on making someone like Litton as a captain picking youngsters.

I disagree on the youngster part. Their youngsters are way way below international standards. Look at these Tanzid, Shanto, Towhid etc. They look so out of sorts against any decent bowling. This is the reason they have to play senior players who look 10x better than these guys.

10 minutes ago, bsriharsha said:

I think they've got some good youngsters coming in. The problem is sticking to the seniors for way too long. 

The seniors in the Bangladesh squad with their politics etc are cancer. They'll have a better chance if they drop them and focus on making someone like Litton as a captain picking youngsters.

Nah.   Their youngsters be it batsmen or bowlers are of club level.  They might hv won an under 19 WC recently (I think in 2020 or something).  But these youngsters hv not graduated to the next level ie intl cricket.  Litton himself is too inconsistent.  He usually somehow puts his best show while playing against Ind.  But sucks in every other match. 

54 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Nah.   Their youngsters be it batsmen or bowlers are of club level.  They might hv won an under 19 WC recently (I think in 2020 or something).  But these youngsters hv not graduated to the next level ie intl cricket.  Litton himself is too inconsistent.  He usually somehow puts his best show while playing against Ind.  But sucks in every other match. 

Only way to find out is to throw them into the deep end. What's the worst that can happen , finishing last ? That's whats happening right now anyway.

On 10/31/2023 at 10:11 PM, Number said:

They don't have any talent coming through, in my eyes. Their 2005-08 batch is still the best they have produced and they are still carrying this team - Shakib, Tamim,  Mushfiq, Mahumullah etc. The newer crop is way below international standards.

They will most probably miss out on Champions Trophy spot. They used to manage to get into these tournaments without playing qualifiers by being in good ICC rankings (courtsey : poor pitches at home). Once the team starts missing out on tournaments, it misses out on ICC money and a lot of other sources of income. This will further accelerate them on the downward spiral.

Their fans used to be very hopeful of their team doing well and used to support them with a lot of passion but now even that is changing. Interest of fans is also dying. 

it is never their "end". they will keep turning up at all tourneys, like a bad penny