Tactically what should be India's approach to the last two games?

SRT100

1 minute ago, cowboysfan said:

Guys who look like they need some rest-Rohit,Bumrah and Kuldeep. thankfully we can replace all of them for the last game.

kuldeep has not bowled much, and is a spinner. the others should get rest. kohli should play so that he can rack up his no. 50, and avoid distraction in SF/F

6 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I would like SKY and Jaddu to get batting practice; the others are not so important.

agree with the rest

Lower order is important. Who knows when we might need them. Kishan batting practice needed only to cover for injuries in the top order. 

Prasidh bowling is also required to cover for any injuries to our top 3 pacers. 

5 minutes ago, Texan said:

Lower order is important. Who knows when we might need them. Kishan batting practice needed only to cover for injuries in the top order. 

Prasidh bowling is also required to cover for any injuries to our top 3 pacers. 

I agree regd prasidh obviously. playing kishan is also fine.

as for lower order, they are not gonna improve in terms of scoring fast (kuldeep is too slow; shami has regressed; siraj is a zero). as for batters bowling, at least they only need to do it for 2-3 overs each, so that's why I favor this approach more

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Will play following team v Ned

Gill

Kishan

KL

Iyer

Jaddu

SKY

Ashwin

Shami

Kuldeep

Siraj

Prasidh

give some game time to reserves in case they are needed and test out few things.

this would be my lineup as well, but I would play Ko so that he gets his 100 (no. 50) right away. at least one senior batter is good; we don't need an embarrassing slip-up vs ned IMO.

Gill

Kishan

Kohli

Kela

Iyer

Jaddu

SKY

Ashwin

Shami

Kuldeep

Prasidh

and I would have Iyer, SKY, Kohli bowl 2 overs each

9 minutes ago, Lord said:

Gill

Kishan

KL

Iyer

Jaddu

SKY

Ashwin

Shami

Kuldeep

Siraj

Prasidh

give some game time to reserves in case they are needed and test out few things.

Play Kohli. Get the 50th. Put Thakur in as well. Give rest to Siraj.

Gill

Kishan

Kohli

Iyer

KL

Sky

Jaddu

Ashwin

Shardul

Shami

Prasidh

8 minutes ago, Lord said:

Gill

Kishan

KL

Iyer

Jaddu

SKY

Ashwin

Shami

Kuldeep

Siraj

Prasidh

I would bat Iyer, Jadeja, SKY ahead of KL. KL has got enough batting practice. I would also let Kishan keep.

Another option is to play Thakur in place of either Shami or Siraj (probably rest Shami). It's important for our main fast bowlers to get a good amount of rest before the KOs

22 minutes ago, Texan said:

I would bat Iyer, Jadeja, SKY ahead of KL. KL has got enough batting practice. I would also let Kishan keep.

Another option is to play Thakur in place of either Shami or Siraj (probably rest Shami). It's important for our main fast bowlers to get a good amount of rest before the KOs

KL only 1 50 though.

16 hours ago, Lord said:

Yes you can minimize them. Bumrah has been very cautious in not diving in boundary and it has yielded great results. While Pandu went to stop full blood hit with his foot knowing there is no like to like replacement for him. 

Resting them in inconsequential directly reduces the chance of a 'freak' injury and allows then to rest  further.

Great post and a well educated one demonstrating cricketing nous.

Exactly right, by resting you 100% reduce the probability of a freak injury that will absolutely derail and ruin India's WC chances.

Against Ned, India must be really smart here with the balance of their side and rest key players to also keep them fresh for the semi.

I really get tired of the uneducated poster that wants wins at any cost. India really need to be strategic in this last game.

9 hours ago, figo6762 said:

No resting .. only three games to go .. if players were to rested they should be rested middle if the group stages .. need key players in the right mindset .. I would change the batting order or the bowling order ..

Exactly I find it absurd that people want players to be rested. There is a week for the next game vs Netherlands and then the SF and hopefully the final. Absurd to claim that this is too much. 

2 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

Exactly I find it absurd that people want players to be rested. There is a week for the next game vs Netherlands and then the SF and hopefully the final. Absurd to claim that this is too much. 

Resting to avoid injuries - so many pacers have been injured this Wc.

3 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Resting to avoid injuries - so many pacers have been injured this Wc.

Will put them off their rhytm. They could even get injured in the nets or something. They can't have a one week break now and directly show up in the semi. Maybe give them instructions to not dive around and stop balls with the foot like Hardik but don't overdo it. 

Just now, Dil Dil India said:

Will put them off their rhytm. They could even get injured in the nets or something. They can't have a one week break now and directly show up in the semi. Maybe give them instructions to not dive around and stop balls with the foot like Hardik but don't overdo it. 

Not playing against Netherlands wont put them off rhythm.