Ok so let's get 1 thing clear. Ind will play SF in Mumbai unless opponent is Pakistan

Reddysaab

11 hours ago, Lord said:

Might get rained off.

11 hours ago, Frustrated said:

U are assuming Nz winning against SL.  Rightly so.   But there is 60% chance of a washout on that day.   It is Bangalore afterall.    

Chances of complete washout is less as it is Bangalore afterall. It will rain for a few hours and then stop. The forecast is not that bad for a complete washout. 

NZ have a better team and have played better cricket than Pakistan and Sri Lanka so they are more likely to get into top 4 than Pakistan who would have to beat England by a huge margin.

50 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Chances of complete washout is less as it is Bangalore afterall. It will rain for a few hours and then stop. The forecast is not that bad for a complete washout. 

NZ have a better team and have played better cricket than Pakistan and Sri Lanka so they are more likely to get into top 4 than Pakistan who would have to beat England by a huge margin.

Eng are wusses. they will enjoy getting some Pak spanking.

4 hours ago, Majestic said:

rains forecast ... its a day/night game and we might see some washout

17 minutes ago, diga said:

rains forecast ... its a day/night game and we might see some washout

it is the same forecast every day until Thursday  which is the day of NZ v SL game.  actually the rain % on Thursday is less than the other days and the rains receding starting Thursday evening. so we might get a shortened game something similar to Pak vs NZ. it will not be a complete washout

Edited by Reddysaab

Posting my question from the other thread:

Is there any official documentation of where the semi-finals will be held?

From the start of the tournament, everyone kept saying that India will play their semi-final game at Wankhede irrespective of table position except if it is India vs Pakistan. I hear this only in fan forums and some commentators. But, I don't see it mentioned anywhere officially.

Even the ICC website says 1st place vs 4th place will happen at Wankhede.

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/fixtures

Anybody has some official website mentioning the India vs Pak situation?

3 hours ago, bowl_out said:

Posting my question from the other thread:

Is there any official documentation of where the semi-finals will be held?

From the start of the tournament, everyone kept saying that India will play their semi-final game at Wankhede irrespective of table position except if it is India vs Pakistan. I hear this only in fan forums and some commentators. But, I don't see it mentioned anywhere officially.

Even the ICC website says 1st place vs 4th place will happen at Wankhede.

https://www.cricketworldcup.com/fixtures

Anybody has some official website mentioning the India vs Pak situation?

Page 31

https://resources.pulse.icc-cricket.com/ICC/document/2023/09/28/d43b480d-033b-4111-bf9c-45f9de69ef9b/ICC-Men-s-CWC23-Playing-Conditions-single-pages.pdf