Our last big fear this WC: Can we chase 330 in a knockout?

2 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

2015 did not concede cause of weak opposition. would have conceded a lot if we were in the other group. No way 30 overs of Mohit Sharma and Ashwin-Jadeja outside Asia could win you a match against Aus-NZ.

2003 bowled brilliantly yes - the pace attack especially but crumbled against Aus but then again that Aus team had an aura (and were defending champions) and had walloped Ind in group stage (along with everyone else to the finals). Don't think anything of that sort this time cause all the potential contenders have already been walloped by this Indian team many times.

2003 did not have that much of aura. likes of symonds and bichel were mostly unproven before that WC. we crumbled mentally. it can happen this WC too

Just now, deathmonger said:

Yes their bowling is a bit mediocre especially with Henry out now.

But batting 2nd under lights at the Wankhede against Boult Southee with scoreboard pressure might lead to issues. Hope that doesn't happen. :pray:

indians don't like jamieson

1 minute ago, the don said:

I actually dont think the Indian batting is that much better than some others, its the bowling that is the difference. 

that is correct. there are some weak links like SKY and Gill. however, the bowling has been flawless. all 5 main bowlers are fantastic. and when pandya was around, he was an excellent 6th bowler.

18 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Who is gonna score 330? Pak and NZ had decent starts but even they couldn't do it.

NZ got the highest I think 278. But it was aided by some drop catches.

So if fielding remains tight, bowling is good enough to restrict them below 250.

Ofcourse nerves/injuries can play a part.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

that is correct. there are some weak links like SKY and Gill. however, the bowling has been flawless. all 5 main bowlers are fantastic. and when pandya was around, he was an excellent 6th bowler.

Good thing is that even if a bowler has an off day like Siraj was having in the beginning stages the others can make up for it.

But siraj has been bowling well. NZ, SL, SA now. Even against the others wasn't that bad.

Just now, deathmonger said:

Good thing is that even if a bowler has an off day like Siraj was having in the beginning stages the others can make up for it.

But siraj has been bowling well. NZ, SL, SA now. Even against the others wasn't that bad.

he has improved in last 2-3 matches, which is good

Don't think so...  I don't think India will concede 300+ in a KO either way.  Pressure will be on both sides.

Only Australia can perhaps score close to 280-290 with all their quality.  This is the game we have to be worried about. 

Kiwis rn have a buffet attack...  Boult has turned into a left arm boobie...  With no seam/swing. 

Just now, Lord said:

So if fielding remains tight, bowling is good enough to restrict them below 250.

Williamson bolsters their batting a bit though although loss of Henry makes up for it.

Man wish we had Sodhi lol. I was so happy today with Shamsi. Ngidi injury means Shamsi might play for the rest of the tournament if it is serious.

Just now, Lone Wolf said:

Don't think so...  I don't think India will concede 300+ in a KO either way.  Pressure will be on both sides.

Only Australia can perhaps score close to 280-290 with all their quality.  This is the game we have to be worried about. 

Kiwis rn have a buffet attack...  Boult has turned into a left arm boobie...  With no seam/swing. 

Just Wankhede chasing high score is the fear.

1 minute ago, Dil Dil India said:

Harsh on Gill I think he scored 90 in that Gabba test. If its Wankhede he can wreak havoc. 

I don't need to hear abbout gabba for the 100th time. sundar and thakur did as well, if not better. however, they are not in the team.

I expect Gill to fail when it counts. he has all the hallmarks of such a poser.

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

I hope that SL can pound him, and soften him further.

Aus and NZ have both got the bats to pull it off. NZ has better MO, while Aus has better top order

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

I don't need to hear abbout gabba for the 100th time. sundar and thakur did as well, if not better. however, they are not in the team.

I expect Gill to fail when it counts. he has all the hallmarks of such a poser.

Thakur is useless in ODIs and Sundar was barely given chances. Not sure what the point is to compare those two maybe Gill will fail but my point is There's no real history to suggest he will. I don't think he has played any Icc knockouts yet. 

Just now, Dil Dil India said:

Thakur is useless in ODIs and Sundar was barely given chances. Not sure what the point is to compare those two maybe Gill will fail but my point is There's no real history to suggest he will. I don't think he has played any Icc knockouts yet. 

look at him in WTC. classic gill stuff.

4 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

Williamson bolsters their batting a bit though although loss of Henry makes up for it.

Man wish we had Sodhi lol. I was so happy today with Shamsi. Ngidi injury means Shamsi might play for the rest of the tournament if it is serious.

they have Lizaad Williams.

Don't think Sodhi will play again. Might as well play Neesham and use spin of Philips/Rachin/Chapman

6 minutes ago, Lord said:

Fielding is a concern. Siraj is useless in the field and Kuldeep as well. They will cost 20 runs between them and against a side like Aus or NZ or even SA their fielders will save that many so we will have to make up for a net 30-40 runs every game.