Our last big fear this WC: Can we chase 330 in a knockout?

7 hours ago, Serpico said:

If they were 310 allout chasing the total, no one would have blamed them. How can bog total be an excuse if your top order fails to survive the new ball burst. 2019 proved again that the large total wasn't the problem, our best batsmen just didn't show up in the big match 

Coincidentally both were in England. Its tough to survive new ball under swinging conditions when the score was 330 + in 2017 CT final. Batsmen were mentally not there.

2019 Semis Its mode of dismissal of Rohit and KL who were defensive and got out. that puts preassure on others. Kohli's dismissal was umpires call with the ball clipping barely top of off stump. Very unlucky 

58 minutes ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

we don't deserve to win, if we are not chasing 280. Did not india chase 274 in 2011 final? All the mental scars are because of 2019 SF against NZ.

It rained over night before Indias innings when india was set to cruise chasing 240. Despite the early collapse India were 70/3 in 20 overs. Its just the brain fade of pandya and hardily throwing it away instead of taking the game deep that cost india the match, in addition to Dhonis sluggish innings which ended as failure.

1983 India won defending 183 in England. pak was bundled out for 132 in 1999 final. Eng has traditionally been bowler friendly ..

Cut to present SEMIS

wankhadee anything between 280-300 is chasable. Eden gardens too .

We have surya, Rohit who grew up on wankahedee ...... KL Rahul and shreyas ayyar form decent middle order followed by x-factor of surya and Jadeja. 

There is no way kohli is bottling it out this time , specially after his new found calmness and self awareness post comeback. I am banking on Kohli to bail us out in Semis this time.

I am not saying we can't. I just don't want that pressure at all. We need the bowling to blitz out 2 knockout matches for us. Just imagine the India vs Aus game where we are 2/3 chasing 300 instead. Too much pressure. 

BTW 2011 F we had an ATG batting line up, comfortably better than the present one. Sachin, Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli (OK young Kohli but he had already shown more than Iyer has until now) Yuvraj Dhoni Raina. That's an ATG ODI line up (not to forget Harbhajan, Zaheer were not mugs with the bat). Here we are basically heavily dependent on Rohit and Kohli and we have Jadeja at 7 who is no Raina. And then we have 4 number 11s.

KL Rahul is just a touch below kohli and has a class of his own. Shreyas KL Surya Pandya ( two out of 4) + one among kohli/rohit/Gill. If we are a champion side, we will bat out the opposition or if we are bowling side we bundle the opposition. if not both, we still should win if we are truly a champion side aiming to win the world cup. I would rather take  a tough semis/final than a match on platter by opposition. 

5 minutes ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

KL Rahul is just a touch below kohli and has a class of his own. Shreyas KL Surya Pandya ( two out of 4) + one among kohli/rohit/Gill. If we are a champion side, we will bat out the opposition or if we are bowling side we bundle the opposition. if not both, we still should win if we are truly a champion side aiming to win the world cup. I would rather take  a tough semis/final than a match on platter by opposition. 

KL Rahul is a lot like DK. Meek and no guts at all. Slightest bit of pressure and he will wet himself. I thought he had turned a corner in the first game vs Aus but he has reverted to mean since. 

And tournaments are not just won by "champion sides". Sometimes you need luck to go your way in knockouts. Pak won CT 2017 and then proceeded to get blanked 5-0 by NZ or whoever. India have done the hard yards this WC. They deserve some things on a platter now. 

14 minutes ago, Dil Dil India said:

KL Rahul is a lot like DK. Meek and no guts at all. Slightest bit of pressure and he will wet himself. I thought he had turned a corner in the first game vs Aus but he has reverted to mean since. 

And tournaments are not just won by "champion sides". Sometimes you need luck to go your way in knockouts. Pak won CT 2017 and then proceeded to get blanked 5-0 by NZ or whoever. India have done the hard yards this WC. They deserve some things on a platter now. 

sorry bro. world cups are not offered on platter. 1992 pak won the knock outs on brilliance( Inzy 60 off 37) 1996 SL won on brilliance of Aravinda  2011 won on brilliance of gambhir and dhoni 

Kohli was dropped in the first match against AUS which could have set the tone otherwise, if the catch was held on to. 

I agree the luck going ones way but is not controllable. If we are ruthless and one of kohli/rohit or both step up we have a great chance. I think, kohli will win us semis this time. 

You are dead right about KL Rahul. He has mental issues being in self doubt. Gill, kohli, Rohit + one of shreyas/Surya/Jaddu to come to the rescue. 2011 final was on brilliance of dhoni, gambhir. We need one of  Gill, kohli, Rohit + one of  shreyas/Surya/KL . what are the odds ???

5 minutes ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

sorry bro. world cups are not offered on platter. 1992 pak won the knock outs on brilliance( Inzy 60 off 37) 1996 SL won on brilliance of Aravinda  2011 won on brilliance of gambhir and dhoni 

Kohli was dropped in the first match against AUS which could have set the tone otherwise, if the catch was held on to. 

I agree the luck going ones way but is not controllable. If we are ruthless and one of kohli/rohit or both step up we have a great chance. I think, kohli will win us semis this time. 

You are dead right about KL Rahul. He has mental issues being in self doubt. Gill, kohli, Rohit + one of shreyas/Surya/Jaddu to come to the rescue. 2011 final was on brilliance of dhoni, gambhir. We need one of  Gill, kohli, Rohit + one of  shreyas/Surya/KL . what are the odds ???

It is stupid to compare 1992 Pak, they were shot out for 74 vs England and needed a point from that match to advance. India have done the hard yards by winning  8 out of 8 and beating every team there is (will be 9 out of 9 unless they lose to Netherlands). That is already brilliance and ruthlessness on display. I will be perfectly happy with a one sided semi and final as long as India win.

3 hours ago, Dil Dil India said:

You cannot stop KL from batting like kela

4 hours ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

Agree.

If Australia took that Kohli catch, they win.

No one can say otherwise.

Australia will be the worst time to face in a Final, they have years of experience of wining these kinds of encounters.