does dhoni have anything against badrinath?Or is he just being selfish

yuvi >> dhoni + sachin :D
I hope you know that you're being ridiculously unfair. It is discouraging to know people can't even properly appreciate the greatest talent the cricketing world has ever seen - the greatest batsman, the greatest bowler, the greatest fielder, and heck, the greatest wicketkeeper as well. He can bowl leg breaks, off breaks, googlies, pace, - you name it, he can bowl it with any arm. He can bat right handed and left handed, and even single handed (with either arm)!. He can stand upfront as a wicketkeeper even if the ball is being delivered at a 150 kph - and then he can stump the batsman with his super reflexes. He can run in from the boundary to the pitch for a catch. And he can do all this on a unicycle ... at the same time!! Therefore, it is only natural that you conclude: Yuvraj Singh >> * . You guys are Yuvraj haters. Ugh.
I hope you know that you're being ridiculously unfair. It is discouraging to know people can't even properly appreciate the greatest talent the cricketing world has ever seen - the greatest batsman' date=' the greatest bowler, the greatest fielder, and heck, the greatest wicketkeeper as well. He can bowl leg breaks, off breaks, googlies, pace, - you name it, he can bowl it with any arm. He can bat right handed and left handed, and even single handed (with either arm)!. He can stand upfront as a wicketkeeper even if the ball is being delivered at a 150 kph - and then he can stump the batsman with his super reflexes. He can run in from the boundary to the pitch for a catch. [i']And he can do all this on a unicycle ... at the same time!! Therefore, it is only natural that you conclude: Yuvraj Singh >> * . You guys are Yuvraj haters. Ugh.
:finger: :P
To add to this discussion, and masalize it even more, I observed one incident that involved Dhoni and Badrinath. It's quite possible that I might be reading too much into, but to me it just didn't look right. Badri was at the non-striker's end. Dhoni smacked a ball straight at Badri - no, this isn't the observation thank you very much - and it hit Badri flush on the shoulder. He was wincing and prancing around in pain and straight away called for the magic spray. The support staff staff and a couple of other players ran to the middle to attend to him. During all this time, Dhoni didn't even look to be concerned about it all and didn't even bother to walk down the track until the very end and only to get a drink. It just didn't look right to me...the manner in which he appeared not to be bothered by the scenes at the other end. It was as if he was taking a manly stance of , "Just stop wincing and get on with the game." This could be just an innocent incident and it's quite likely that I'm reading too much into it but based on experience of watching similar such incidents, the batsman usually goes over to check on the non-striker. It wasn't right in my eyes.
Didn't Dhoni smash some other guy too? I think Bhajji or Sreesanth and then laughed it off while the other was crying (ok must have been sreesanth)
Guest Hiten.
Didn't Dhoni smash some other guy too? I think Bhajji or Sreesanth and then laughed it off while the other was crying (ok must have been sreesanth)
It was sreesanth.
The biggest disservice to Laxman was done by Dravid' date=' who dropped him from the test side in favor of Yuvraj.[/quote'] Dravid made two blunders in that test. You've named one of them. The second one was opting to bowl after winning the toss. :roll:
Dravid made two blunders in that test. You've named one of them. The second one was opting to bowl after winning the toss. :roll:
It wasn't the best decision on any pitch in India, Gambo but it wasn't the blunder it was made out to be either, IMO. We dropped 8 catches in England's first innings and should have had them out for around 200-250 - there was movement in the air througout the match.
yuvi is the greatest batsmen ever to set foot on earth after Don Bradman :D how can u guys insult him by comparing him with SRT and MSD :D
now come on,comparing with SRT is certainly an insult for yuvi,but comaparing the ugly slogger MSD with the most graceful lefthander will be an insult for MSD.
Dravid made two blunders in that test. You've named one of them. The second one was opting to bowl after winning the toss. :roll:
Dravid and Laxman are suppose to be good friends. VVS can consider Dravid a foe because Dravid hardly backed him for anything. If Dravid was a bold captain VVS should have been included in the 07 world cup squad. Thats another blunder he made as we suffered a major batting collapse in the carribean that found us out of the tournament in the hands of the Banglas.

dont put dhobis name with srt in an attempt to mock yuvraj....SRT is in his own league and he shoudl be compared with worlds great. Now comparing apples to apples, Yuvraj singh is a far more talented bat. better odi batsmen ...just check his odi record for 2006 and 2007...he won more matches, had better average, had also better average in winning game sin odis. I posted this for you last time in other thread shwetabh but you ignored it..not gonna cdo it again. dhobi is not sure of his test spot...few bad performances and he will be kicked out. nuff said.

dont put dhobis name with srt in an attempt to mock yuvraj....SRT is in his own league and he shoudl be compared with worlds great. Now comparing apples to apples, Yuvraj singh is a far more talented bat. better odi batsmen ...just check his odi record for 2006 and 2007...he won more matches, had better average, had also better average in winning game sin odis. I posted this for you last time in other thread shwetabh but you ignored it..not gonna cdo it again.
What is so special about 2006 and 2007. We are halfway through 2008 now. If you want to do a comparison, we can do it over their : 1. Entire careers : Dhoni blows away Yuvraj so far away that they are not even in the same league. A differential of 10 in average 36.09 vs. 45.50. Does Dhoni score his runs slower? No, he scores them at a 5 point better SR than Yuvraj ie. 91.91 vs. 86.54 2. Last series to gauge recent form : Yuvraj is not even in the same ballpark yet again. Dhoni's 347 runs at an average of 69.40 vs. Yuvraj's 202 runs at an average of 22.44! 3. Last 1 year to get mid range form : Dhoni averages a good 5 points higher than Yuvraj again - 44.62 vs. 40.06. Yuvraj does score his runs at 3 points faster, maybe this was what made you think Yuvraj is better? 4. Last 2 years : Naah, tough luck here as well. Dhoni's 42.95 is again a good 4 points higher than Yuvraj's 38.57, only a 1 point difference in strike rate, maybe that was your smoking gun? Yes, if we take your arbitrary criteria of 2006 and 2007, Yuvraj averages 5 points more than Dhoni at a worse strike rate, but that's just because his injury kept him from being exposed on the South African tracks which would have leveled that equation as well, given his extremely powerful showing on seaming and bouncing wickets. Oh, and did I mention that all this is just a batting comparison and we haven't even talked about the fact that Dhoni has been one of the best wicketkeepers in the world during this time.
dhobi is not sure of his test spot...few bad performances and he will be kicked out. nuff said.
:hysterical::hysterical: At least Yuvraj is sure of his test spot ie. he won't play unless a middle order batsman is injured. Who is going to replace Dhoni as a keeper in tests? Karthik, the guy who gave a world record number of byes in his last test appearance or Dropthiv who has already spilled enough for a life time and most recently cost Chennai the IPL final by not collecting a slower delivery from Balaji?
dont put dhobis name with srt in an attempt to mock yuvraj....SRT is in his own league and he shoudl be compared with worlds great. Now comparing apples to apples, Yuvraj singh is a far more talented bat. better odi batsmen ...just check his odi record for 2006 and 2007...he won more matches, had better average, had also better average in winning game sin odis. I posted this for you last time in other thread shwetabh but you ignored it..not gonna cdo it again. dhobi is not sure of his test spot...few bad performances and he will be kicked out. nuff said.
I don't think he is good at playing spin. Don't know why you think he is a far more talented batsman when he can't play spinners properly. I'm not comparing him to Dhoni, but even Pathan plays spinners better.
I don't think he is good at playing spin. Don't know why you think he is a far more talented batsman when he can't play spinners properly. I'm not comparing him to Dhoni' date=' but even Pathan plays spinners better.[/quote'] and this is really surprising because Indian batsmen can usually handle spin really well
and this is really surprising because Indian batsmen can usually handle spin really well
I might be a noob here but does it have to do with his high back lift (to be honest, I don't quite know what a high back lift is very definitely)? I don't think he squats in his stance as much say Ganguly , who is efficient in playing spinners. Plus, I think he's admitted that he reads the ball off the pitch (and thats why he kept getting out Hogg so many times). I feel Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, and Laxman ought to train the younger guys on how to read the spinner's arm and maybe even Gambhir can help out.
I might be a noob here but does it have to do with his high back lift (to be honest' date=' I don't quite know what a high back lift is very definitely)? I don't think he squats in his stance as much say Ganguly , who is efficient in playing spinners. Plus, I think he's admitted that he reads the ball off the pitch (and thats why he kept getting out Hogg so many times). I feel Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid, and Laxman ought to train the younger guys on how to read the spinner's arm and maybe even Gambhir can help out.[/quote'] If you squat too much in your stance, you wont have the time to play the short ball well...try it out for yourself :D
If you squat too much in your stance' date=' you wont have the time to play the short ball well...try it out for yourself :D[/quote'] I don't know - cause I practice my stance daily and I find it that in my natural stance, i stand a bit too upright and can't play the balls on good length with a nice forward leg motion. If I squat a bit more, I can play it much better. With short balls, I go on the back foot and stand compeltely upright and swivel. I haven't tried in a match yet ( not enough short balls :( )but I figure it would help a bit more. Even Gavaskar said that after that horrible run of form Sachin went through in 2005, he asked him to bend a bit more (not sure what to bend really) and it has helped him (obviously).