Should Mumbai Delhi Punjab batsman be preferred

Let's face it our biggest matchwinner in previous generation were Sachin Sehwag Yuvi with honorable mention of Gambhir

Current players Rohit Kohli Pant and upcoming Jaiswal Sarfaraj Gill what they have in common all belong or played for Delhi Mumbai Punjab

Overall south and other states has produced mediocre or second fiddle batsman

Should selectors see this data and select accordingly

Even our greatest pacer bumrah is native punjabi and so is greatest all-rounder Kapil dev

Edited by ungboysj

Completely agree...

I may end up sounding like a "bigot" but if I was team India's chief selector , I'd have a secret shadow quota system where I'd select ~ 90% of the players from from the Delhi-Punjab-Haryana-Western UP/UK belt plus Mumbai and Gujarat. 

90% of the players that we usually pick from the other regions just do not have the temperament and the mental fortitude to deliver under pressure. 

Especially the South, which keeps on churning out meek mental midgets after meek mental midgets. 

DK, KL, Samson, Bharath , Vihari, Rayudu, Manish Pandey..the list just goes on and on. Even Dravid, who's arguably the greatest player ever from the South is a known defeatist loser. Yes , there are rare cases like Kumble or maybe Ashwin but those are an anamoly.

44 minutes ago, Norman said:

Especially the South, which keeps on churning out meek mental midgets after meek mental midgets. 

DK, KL, Samson, Bharath , Vihari, Rayudu, Manish Pandey..the list just goes on and on. Even Dravid, who's arguably the greatest player ever from the South is a known defeatist loser. Yes , there are rare cases like Kumble or maybe Ashwin but those are an anamoly.

Agree completely 

Show me one pacer from south since srinath retired who gas gone on to make a huge difference at int level. 

41 minutes ago, Norman said:

You missed VVS, Azharuddin and Siraj from the list. Even the other states excluding Mumbai and Punjab didn't have many "mentally strong" cricketers until recently. Anyway you don't develop a strong talent pipeline by alienating a large section of the population. At any point in time there are hardly one or two South Indians playing in the team. So it gives the negative impression that they always fail. KL Rahul and DK has really given a bad impression to the South Indian cricketers.

35 minutes ago, Kron said:

Agree completely 

Show me one pacer from south since srinath retired who gas gone on to make a huge difference at int level. 

Same can be said about most of the other states as well. Show me a single pacer from Mumbai who was world class ever. You guys already made up your mind with some pre conceived notions and using confirmation bias to strengthen those opinions.

19 minutes ago, Tillu said:

Same can be said about most of the other states as well. Show me a single pacer from Mumbai who was world class ever. You guys already made up your mind with some pre conceived notions and using confirmation bias to strengthen those opinions.

No one mentioned mumbai though. Mumbai atleast produced thakur.

14 minutes ago, Kron said:

No one mentioned mumbai though. Mumbai atleast produced thakur.

Mumbai has been the traditional cricketing power centre forever. How many world class pace bowlers have they developed till now. How many great pace bowlers has India developed outside Bumrah and Shami after Kapil Dev. People talk about India having a billion population to chose the cricketers from when in reality it's mostly the upper castes playing cricket right since its inception. It takes time to nurture talent. To truly become the biggest cricketing juggernaut we need keep nurturing talent at all levels. That's why the multiple chances to cricketers like Bharat and Mukesh even after their repeated failures.

Edited by Tillu
47 minutes ago, Tillu said:

Mumbai has been the traditional cricketing power centre forever. How many world class pace bowlers have they developed till now. How many great pace bowlers has India developed outside Bumrah and Shami after Kapil Dev. People talk about India having a billion population to chose the cricketers from when in reality it's mostly the upper castes playing cricket right since its inception. It takes time to nurture talent. To truly become the biggest cricketing juggernaut we need keep nurturing talent at all levels. That's why the multiple chances to cricketers like Bharat and Mukesh even after their repeated failures.

Atleast thakur made it and helped us win tests. Which south pacer did well for us since 2015? Not one made it

3 hours ago, ungboysj said:

Let's face it our biggest matchwinner in previous generation were Sachin Sehwag Yuvi with honorable mention of Gambhir

Current players Rohit Kohli Pant and upcoming Jaiswal Sarfaraj Gill what they have in common all belong or played for Delhi Mumbai Punjab

Overall south and other states has produced mediocre or second fiddle batsman

Should selectors see this data and select accordingly

Even our greatest pacer bumrah is native punjabi and so is greatest all-rounder Kapil dev

This is wrong at so many levels.

VVS Laxman was no short of the match winning abilities. One of the rarest Indian batter who was absolutely gun in the deteriorating pitches.

K Srikkanth was the OG Dasher at the top when all our openers were tuk tukers.

From our bowling history. There are numerous contributions from likes of Srinath, Kumble, Ashwin. Even Venkatesh Prasad was a hero of our 1996 & 1999 WC wins against Pakistan. We have Siraj as well now.

Among young cricketers, we have likes of Tilak Varma, Rohan Kunnummal, Sai Sudharsan, Eden Apple Tom who have potential to go big.

The weakest cricketing center in India are states of J&K, MP, Chattisgarh, Vidarbha & Odisha. Despite a sizeable population, these states are not able to produce good cricketers consistently. 

1 hour ago, Tillu said:

You missed VVS, Azharuddin and Siraj from the list. Even the other states excluding Mumbai and Punjab didn't have many "mentally strong" cricketers until recently. Anyway you don't develop a strong talent pipeline by alienating a large section of the population. At any point in time there are hardly one or two South Indians playing in the team. So it gives the negative impression that they always fail. KL Rahul and DK has really given a bad impression to the South Indian cricketers.

It's not about alienating. I'm a South Indian myself but I don't care about the "representation" nonsense. All I want is my team/country to win big tournaments irrespective of who represents it.

6 minutes ago, Kron said:

Atleast thakur made it and helped us win tests. Which south pacer did well for us since 2015? Not one made it

Natarajan and Siraj won the series for us in Australia. Siraj won multiple matches for us in both India and overseas recently.

2 minutes ago, Norman said:

It's not about alienating. I'm a South Indian myself but I don't care about the "representation" nonsense. All I want is my team/country to win big tournaments irrespective of who represents it.

It's all about representation. Remember we wouldn't be having Pant and Jurel without Dhoni even though they are all from different states.

Kapil Dev (Haryana)

Yuvraj Singh (Punjab)

Sehwag, Gambhir, Kohli (Delhi)

Pant (Uttarakhand)

These are the guys who have won us 90% of the most important games in our cricketing history in all formats. You have to be naive to not see a pattern there. 

Heck even Ishant Sharma won us Perth 2008 and then was clutch in the CT final 2013 and guess where he's from?

26 minutes ago, Tillu said:

Natarajan and Siraj won the series for us in Australia. Siraj won multiple matches for us in both India and overseas recently.

Where is nattu now? 

True siraj was good

Siraj is also telugu. Not meek and weak like a kannada state player. Other 3 south states are fine. Its kannada ones i have major issues with. Malayalis too havent produced a good pace bowler in ages. 

Tamils have produced zero since lakshipathy balaji and he was so injury prone. 

Mrf academy etc etc

What are they doing with pace bowling

Close that centre. Move it to north in UP, haryana region

Edited by Kron
5 minutes ago, Norman said:

Kapil Dev (Haryana)

Yuvraj Singh (Punjab)

Pant (Uttarakhand)

These are the guys who have won us 90% of the most important games in our cricketing history in all formats. You have to be naive to not see a pattern there. 

Heck even Ishant Sharma won us Perth 2008 and then was clutch in the CT final 2013 and guess where he's from?

All I am saying is give the other under represented states also some time and they will also start developing world beaters.

24 minutes ago, Norman said:

Kapil Dev (Haryana)

Yuvraj Singh (Punjab)

Pant (Uttarakhand)

Even malyalis produced sreesanth who won us a wc. 

Tamil nadu since balaji. Nothing. Zero pace bowlers. 

Its a hot state and conditions may not be conducive to pace but still. 

33 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

This is wrong at so many levels.

VVS Laxman was no short of the match winning abilities. One of the rarest Indian batter who was absolutely gun in the deteriorating pitches.

K Srikkanth was the OG Dasher at the top when all our openers were tuk tukers.

From our bowling history. There are numerous contributions from likes of Srinath, Kumble, Ashwin. Even Venkatesh Prasad was a hero of our 1996 & 1999 WC wins against Pakistan. We have Siraj as well now.

Among young cricketers, we have likes of Tilak Varma, Rohan Kunnummal, Sai Sudharsan, Eden Apple Tom who have potential to go big.

The weakest cricketing center in India are states of J&K, MP, Chattisgarh, Vidarbha & Odisha. Despite a sizeable population, these states are not able to produce good cricketers consistently. 

And tamil nadu for pace bowling. 

Good batting and spin talents but andaa in pace