The Electoral bonds saga

Lord

On 3/25/2024 at 7:22 PM, ravishingravi said:

For me the most damaging element was overreach by supreme court. Imagine having donated in sovereign scheme under promise of anonymity. And now all the data has been revealed. Removes complete trust on our laws and systems. Unreal third world stuff. 

Why do they want to be anonymous though?

22 minutes ago, Lord said:

Why do they want to be anonymous though?

May be same reason why you don’t want others to know who you voted for. It makes them vulnerable, just like Furure Gaming bosses be feeling now.

Edited by mishra

8 minutes ago, mishra said:

May be same reason why you don’t want others to know who you voted for. It makes them vulnerable, just like Furure Gaming bosses be feeling now.

Goes both ways. They'd have received kickbacks other meritorious competitors might not have.

Going after Future Gaming now would be bad move because everyone will know why it happened.

Voting is different. I'm not asking for any preferential treatment based on my vote.

38 minutes ago, Lord said:

Goes both ways. They'd have received kickbacks other meritorious competitors might not have.

Going after Future Gaming now would be bad move because everyone will know why it happened.

Voting is different. I'm not asking for any preferential treatment based on my vote.

Oh, you don’t need ED/IT to eff up Future Gamiing. Just some twisting of regulations can drastically reduce its capacity to operate or donate.

Just like you voting, same logic can go as to a donor don’t want inept gvmnt or preferential treatment either so it’s helping political party which it feels is good for his Business . Hence, SC in its judgment didn’t rely on preferential treatment but RTI.

I see the point “for and against “ anonymity of donations, And I think benefits of “for” outweighs “against” as we need adaptation of Banking system in political donation.

If Black money provides anonymity, Black money it is for Businesses. They don’t want to be seen supporting a party.

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, Lord said:

So thats not how culpability can be established in the real world. I also donated to BJP few years back and AAP before that. Is there a quid pro quo ?

Political parties have way more ways to get donation. They dont have to promise something always. Plus its up to you to establish the linkage.