The Electoral bonds saga

Lord

Because neither of Modis brothers, Adani nor Ambani are biggest donors :hysterical:

Also top amount donated by one source has been to the opposition parties.

Now BJP will be going to them and asking them donors, If you have so much money, Why only opposition? Why not us as we are more economical.:phehe:

18 minutes ago, mishra said:

Because neither of Modis brothers, Adani nor Ambani are biggest donors :hysterical:

Also top amount donated by one source has been to the opposition parties.

Now BJP will be going to them and asking them donors, If you have so much money, Why only opposition? Why not us as we are more economical.:phehe:

The left idiots are claiming the mining company in uttarakand which was not making money has donated to BJp and got contracts and had lot of accidents.

For me the most damaging element was overreach by supreme court. Imagine having donated in sovereign scheme under promise of anonymity. And now all the data has been revealed. Removes complete trust on our laws and systems. Unreal third world stuff. 

27 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Electoral Bond should have never been existed in the first place. Government using ITD and ED  looted money from corporates using this scheme.

I am trying to get my head around this. @Lord or @Insidious could help me understand how electoral bonds made it worse than what existed before. 

From what I recall, before bonds, there was no Supreme court checking, there were no bond allotments, no audit trails, payments in cash. 

So can you guys help me understand. 

Edited by ravishingravi

17 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I am trying to get my head around this. @Lord or @Insidious could help me understand how electoral bonds made it worse than what existed before. 

From what I recall, before bonds, there was no Supreme court checking, there were no bond allotments, no audit trails, payments in cash. 

So can you guys help me understand. 

I am not saying electoral bonds is worse or better. But at outset it is a flawed scheme, which govt. can misuse to extort money from corporates, which the current govt. is doing. SC has every right to scrutinize the same, if it feels it jeopardize the interest of nation 

8 minutes ago, Insidious said:

I am not saying electoral bonds is worse or better. But at outset it is a flawed scheme, which govt. can misuse to extort money from corporates, which the current govt. is doing. SC has every right to scrutinize the same, if it feels it jeopardize the interest of nation 

Well that doesn't add up for three reasons.

1) Jointly INDIA alliance and BJP have got same amount of donation through bonds Rs. 6000 crores. And BJP is centrally three times bigger party and largest national party. So assuming your logic, this money should only be flowing to one party. Doesn't add up. 

2) Why would a party which can use ED to extort money create trail of electoral bonds. It could very easily do what was done before. Before 2023, no one knew who donated how much to what party. Thanks to these bonds atleast that can be ascertained. Again doesn't help your story. 

3) You made a classical error of correlation and causation. There is literally no link between ED and donations. Is it possible ? Yes. But then they are also donating to opposition. How come ? Corporates donate for wide variety of reasons and they have to disclose on their balance sheet disclosure. 

11 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Well that doesn't add up for three reasons.

2) Why would a party which can use ED to extort money create trail of electoral bonds. It could very easily do what was done before. Before 2023, no one knew who donated how much to what party. Thanks to these bonds atleast that can be ascertained. Again doesn't help your story. 

This.

Electoral bonds were first step towards regularising the party funding using white money.

various countries have this with various option. Complete secret to complete open to limits on donations. It’s still in experimental stage to find out what will suit for India but our me lords have absolutely effed up. 

No offence but everytime i see such effups , It reminds me how BCCI was effed up temporarily by our me lords and we ended up loosing lot of money from ICC share

22 minutes ago, mishra said:

This.

Electoral bonds were first step towards regularising the party funding using white money.

various countries have this with various option. Complete secret to complete open to limits on donations. It’s still in experimental stage to find out what will suit for India but our me lords have absolutely effed up. 

No offence but everytime i see such effups , It reminds me how BCCI was effed up temporarily by our me lords and we ended up loosing lot of money from ICC share

Imagine the damage it does to rule of law in this land with such numb nuts who don't understand first principles. Its classic case of third world mindset. If a corporate donates to political party in good faith and anonymity, now they are outed by SC. If the opposite party comes to party, there would be retribution. 

Highlighting again. The country is getting dumber by the day. Can't do basic logical reasoning anymore. Don't know if it is function of education or social media.

17 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Imagine the damage it does to rule of law in this land with such numb nuts who don't understand first principles. Its classic case of third world mindset. If a corporate donates to political party in good faith and anonymity, now they are outed by SC. If the opposite party comes to party, there would be retribution. 

Highlighting again. The country is getting dumber by the day. Can't do basic logical reasoning anymore. Don't know if it is function of education or social media.

Yes, I do not understand how a judgement which principally  changes law can be applied retrospectively.

BJP is out of woods because Data has No Adani or Ambani name but IMO, SC should have found some issues and asked GoI to resolve/futureproof/Ammend it in electoral funding. It didnt do any such recommedations.

Some lefty loony was trying to justify against Electoral Bonds by saying there has been more Black money captured since electoral Bonds have been introduced. Shouldnt credit go to Agencies who are doing fabulous job and not sleeping on elctoral bond scheme.

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, Insidious said:

Ya but you can’t force if these were anonymous. Organizations donated based on anonymity.They should have asked the govt to pass a law and don’t accept any electoral bonds. Congress was accepting these all along but are not happy now that BJp is getting majority of them.

27 minutes ago, mishra said:

Yes, I do not understand how a judgement which principally  changes law can be applied retrospectively.

BJP is out of woods because Data has No Adani or Ambani name but IMO, SC should have found some issues and asked GoI to resolve/futureproof/Ammend it in electoral funding. It didnt do any such recommedations.

Some lefty loony was trying to justify against Electoral Bonds by saying there has been more Black money captured since electoral Bonds have been introduced. Shouldnt credit go to Agencies who are doing fabulous job and not sleeping on elctoral bond scheme.

For me the big issue is what next. TN elections are single most expensive elections in the country with hand outs and freebies galore. Imagine now that we are back to cash system with no accountability. Atleast the money was getting captured somewhere. Now it will be just a black box with no keys. 

15 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

For me the big issue is what next. TN elections are single most expensive elections in the country with hand outs and freebies galore. Imagine now that we are back to cash system with no accountability. Atleast the money was getting captured somewhere. Now it will be just a black box with no keys. 

Below will stop and will come again as black money

• DMK receives 78.7% from Future Gaming
  •  Future Gaming and RP Sanjiv Goenka group of companies donated Rs 542 crore and Rs 464 crore, respectively, to the Trinamool Congress, making up 59% of the party’s total donations

Also BJP will screw Future Gaming now

5 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

For me the most damaging element was overreach by supreme court. Imagine having donated in sovereign scheme under promise of anonymity. And now all the data has been revealed. Removes complete trust on our laws and systems. Unreal third world stuff. 

this I agree.they were wrong in making it retroactive. now black money will start once again but the opposition parties are the one in trouble because the bjp will sic the ED on them.

Very stupid decision by SC. IMO electoral bonds from the outset should have always been transparent as to who was donating what and not anonymous. That said, the SC doing something like this shakes any confidence in the laws of the country.

18 hours ago, mishra said:

Below will stop and will come again as black money

• DMK receives 78.7% from Future Gaming
  •  Future Gaming and RP Sanjiv Goenka group of companies donated Rs 542 crore and Rs 464 crore, respectively, to the Trinamool Congress, making up 59% of the party’s total donations

Also BJP will screw Future Gaming now

There maybe another ED involvement here. They have already had the owner of the company a couple of years ago.

the lottery comppany is truly going full left here. I guess these people are trying to make the nation commie. I'm also suspecting foreign involvement. Have never heard of this guy

PS - tagging @velu here. Do you know about this guy. Gambling is that big an industry here? :shock: I had no clue

Edited by Real McCoy