Asia Cup '08

flamy

being in poor form doesnt mean therz zero chance for sl...theyl atleast beat pak once......pak lost to ireland n came bak strongly..........WI' date='Eng,Aus,ind r bettr teams than ireland...............SL have never failed to [b']reach the finals in the last 16 years of the asia cup......but india r favourits n pak r 2nd favourits......
Thats really good! PAK have been very poor in the Asia cups.
No, i think this is the most interesting and the best tournament of the last 8 months :yay: All teams are young. Save for Vaas the most experienced fast bowler in the Asia cup will be Irfan Pathan. Here is PAK's squad for the training camp Shoaib Malik, Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah, Shahid Afridi, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Sohail Khan, Rao Iftikhar, Wahab Riaz], Bazid Khan, Nauman ullah, Mansoor Amjad, Yasir Hameed, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rauf, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Fwad Alam I assume you folks might not know a lot about the players guys in bold so here is some info Sarfraz- WK batsman and the captain of the 06 under 19 world cup team. Sohail Khan- FAST bowler- broke Fazal Mahmood's record in only the first season of domestic cricket but with 22 teams the quality of domestic cricket in PAK is not the greatest so i am not sure how much you can read in to his record Bazid Khan- Son of the former great opening batsman Majid Khan. Bazid himself is a steady middle order batsman(similar to Misbah) Namaunullah- Not sure why he is in the team because from what i have seen his batting is average at best and he is in terrible shape. M Amjad- The hero of the 04 world cup. Quite a talented leg break bowler but his performance in domestic cricket has not been as good as most expected. A Rauf- Should have been in the team about 4 or 5 years ago now he has lost a LOT of pace and will struggle at the highest level. S Ajmal- Off spinner. Nasir Jamsheed- Hard hitting opening batsman who played well agianst ZIM but hasn't been given a chance since. Then there is Fawad Alam and Wahab Riaz who have already played 1 or 2 games against good teams.
fawad alam n jamshed r very gud players.........
Bad news for India. He was a cheap wicket at the top of their batting order and he spilled a fair share of his catches too. Let's hope the noob who takes his place turns out to be just as bad a 'keeper as he was.
Dude, Akmal the mofo scored HEAVILY against India. Maybe not in this past 6 months or so, but otherwise, he has been a thorn in our ass. Seriously, he f***ed up 2 major tests for us. The first one was 2005 test in Mohali in which I think they batted out 5 day or something, and then the 3rd test in India's 2006 tour, in which Asif Mian showed his colors and our star lineup was made to look SO bad. Only the recent Steyn inspired 85 all out comes close to that horrendous match. So, I am happy to see him go. If you think about it, the wicketkeepers from Rashid Latif to Moin Khan to Akmal, they all have caused major pain to India. I seriously hate them. Edit: Okay so I checked the stats. In 11 tests against India, he scored 4 centuries at an average of 43.
Here is PAK's squad for the training camp Shoaib Malik, Salman Butt, Nasir Jamshed, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah, Shahid Afridi, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Sohail Khan, Rao Iftikhar, Wahab Riaz], Bazid Khan, Nauman ullah, Mansoor Amjad, Yasir Hameed, Saeed Ajmal, Abdul Rauf, Umar Gul, Sohail Tanvir, Fwad Alam
Good review of the players MP, here's mine:winky: Sarfraz- Have seen him play a couple of times. This kid was not in awe while playing his debut match. Looked sharp behind the stumps and had confidence written all over him. Did not see him bat yet. He has a first class batting average of 45 and a List A average of 23. I wonder what the idea behind him overtaking Akmal is? A rest for Akmal or telling him that there is competition waiting in the form of Sarfraz. Sohail Khan- Having seen him bowl, gives me the impression that he has the raw talent but needs some assistance to turn into the polished product. At that time, his run up needed some work. He also puts everything into the last stride. Hopefully, he has a strong back to take that pressure. Looks to strive for pace Nasir Jamsheed- Looked good in the games he played so far. Likes to go after the bowling.
Dude, Akmal the mofo scored HEAVILY against India. Maybe not in this past 6 months or so, but otherwise, he has been a thorn in our ass. Seriously, he f***ed up 2 major tests for us. The first one was 2005 test in Mohali in which I think they batted out 5 day or something, and then the 3rd test in India's 2006 tour, in which Asif Mian showed his colors and our star lineup was made to look SO bad. Only the recent Steyn inspired 85 all out comes close to that horrendous match. So, I am happy to see him go. If you think about it, the wicketkeepers from Rashid Latif to Moin Khan to Akmal, they all have caused major pain to India. I seriously hate them. Edit: Okay so I checked the stats. In 11 tests against India, he scored 4 centuries at an average of 43.
The Asia Cup is an ODI competition. Tell me what Akmal averages against India in ODIs ?
The Asia Cup is an ODI competition. Tell me what Akmal averages against India in ODIs ?
Its 20. Humm, I know that but I don't think he will be back for tests too, anytime soon. Also, I still think he is a dangerous bat. I will say he is the best keeper-batsman Pakis have had for a long time. Sure, his keeping is down, I agree.
Its 20. Humm' date=' I know that but I don't think he will be back for tests too, anytime soon. Also, I still think he is a dangerous bat. I will say he is the best keeper-batsman Pakis have had for a long time. Sure, his keeping is down, I agree.[/quote'] long time?? not too long ago they had a decent wicket-keeper/batsman/cheater who followed miandad from balcony, mr. moin kha
long time?? not too long ago they had a decent wicket-keeper/batsman/cheater who followed miandad from balcony' date=' mr. moin kha[/quote'] Akmal is definitely a better batsmen. At least in test matches. He has 5 hundreds in 38 matches compared to Moin's 4 in 69. He also has 123 catches in 38 matches Vs 128 for Moin in 69. But even I am surprised to find out that. In ODI's though, their catching rate is similar to each other. Batting in ODIs, Moin's highest score has 72, where as Akmal has 4 centuries already and he has played less than one third of the matches as Moin.

Actually, its relieving news. Akmal is one of those who is never far off from a good performance against Ind. You never know when he decides to showcase his long-lost batting talents. Does the 'Sehwag-caught-behind' and Ashraf's open criticism of Akmal's sportsmanship got anything to do with this decision?

Actually, its relieving news. Akmal is one of those who is never far off from a good performance against Ind. You never know when he decides to showcase his long-lost batting talents. Does the 'Sehwag-caught-behind' and Ashraf's open criticism of Akmal's sportsmanship got anything to do with this decision?
If you ask me, it's got everything to do with this decision. Shoaib Malik has been a vocal supporter. That's the only reason he was being persisted with. But after that dropped catch incident, there was no other choice. Personally, I've always liked having him in the team. As time has wore on, it's become harder and harder to defend his place in the team but secretly I was happy he was given extra chances. As it stands though, no one can legitimately call this decision unjust.
If you ask me, it's got everything to do with this decision. Shoaib Malik has been a vocal supporter. That's the only reason he was being persisted with. But after that dropped catch incident, there was no other choice. Personally, I've always liked having him in the team. As time has wore on, it's become harder and harder to defend his place in the team but secretly I was happy he was given extra chances. As it stands though, no one can legitimately call this decision unjust.
Even though he hasnt done much off late, Personally as an Indian fan, I have always had a fear about Akmal. Some of his best performances have been against India. There's a good chance that his dodgy wicketkeeping affected his batting form. Hard luck for Pakistan.