Vs + Gg > Srt + Scg

nope Gambo..these guys are playing in flat pitches and are looking terrific..but the legends proved their mettle in all conditions..so rite now there cant be any comparison..maybe in the future..but i doubt they can ever better THE BEST opening ODI combo of all time..SRT and SCG rocked :icflove::two_thumbs_up:

they are a brilliant opening pair, probably the best in the world at the moment (jaya and sanga are doing well too) but to compare them to SRT and SCG is not on yet these both have a lot more freedom than sachin and dada had, who after them the batting was pretty weak on most occasions

Guest Hiten.
I'm just asking. These two are beginning to form an insanely brutal and successful combo at the top. Another positive from IPL.
I am floored by that appreciation (for IPL). Well done Gambo ! :D It is too early to compare Veeru/GG and SCG/SRT partnership. If veeru somehow manages to average 35-40/game on consistent basis, then I have no doubt about this partnership getting more brutal and effective than SRT+SCG.

nope. not as of now. they might become in future. but thats far. ganguly - tendulkar combo, cannot be matched by anyone in the world as of now. they are the best.. they were the best. but herez hoping that sehwag-gambhir comobo exceed our expectations and become the best ever opening pair.

Don't be just a fuddy duddy. The new guard taketh over.
You cannot be serious. Ganguly and Tendulkar are the greatest opening pair in the history of ODI cricket. Let's see Gambhir and Sehwag average 50 runs a stand over a period of 10 years before we start making these comparisons. Besides, once Tendulkar comes back, this opening pair will be broken up.

In all seriousness, SRT and SCG could consistently be relied upon to give us big century stands at ~ 6 RPO. Both of them had the ability to bat right through the innings and to not give their wicket away. That pair was successful is every country they opened. They had the skill and technical nous of not only surviving on bowler friendly tracks but also scoring at a good clip on them. What they didn't have was a middle order capable of really launching from their big stands. Sehwag and Gambhir are blossoming into a fearful duo. Largely untested outside Asia, they have made merry on the pitches they have played on thus far. What neither have them has shown so far, is the ability to bat right through. Both of them are capable of the sudden rush of blood giving their wicket and the match away in one ball. But I guess with Yuvraj and Dhoni in the middle order, the team management won't really ask them to curb their attacking instincts.

In all seriousness, SRT and SCG could consistently be relied upon to give us big century stands at ~ 6 RPO. Both of them had the ability to bat right through the innings and to not give their wicket away. That pair was successful is every country they opened. They had the skill and technical nous of not only surviving on bowler friendly tracks but also scoring at a good clip on them. What they didn't have was a middle order capable of really launching from their big stands. Sehwag and Gambhir are blossoming into a fearful duo. Largely untested outside Asia, they have made merry on the pitches they have played on thus far. What neither have them has shown so far, is the ability to bat right through. Both of them are capable of the sudden rush of blood giving their wicket and the match away in one ball. But I guess with Yuvraj and Dhoni in the middle order, the team management won't really ask them to curb their attacking instincts.
lol Gambo u have answered ur own question..all ur points are precise and that jus tells us y SRT and SCG were the best ODI combo ever..
You asked a stupid question and gave a wise answer. SRT/SG, like pointed out already, have given Indian fantastic starts against all sorts of opposition in all conditions. VS/GG are just feasting on flat tracks right now.