SOS for TAV :

Aggy gets humiliated too much here..hehe well he is better than Munaf u know..i dont see wat Aggy has done to deserve such kinda treatment frm the ppl here..if he logs into this site and finds out about this he wud be one disappointed soul..so guys pls show mercy on him..he was almost the next best thing in Indian cricket the and he always remained that way :D

Honestly, I cant see how Agarkar can probably do any worser than what our current seamers are doing. He is still a VERY good bowler. After just a handful of matches, guys like RPS, Ishant, Irfan all average close to, or above 30. Agarkar, after a walloping 191 matches, averages less than 28. Says a lot about his pedigree. If I was Agarkar and If I were watching the current bowlers and their performances in the last couple of series, I would definitely ask myself, 'Would I have bowled any worse than that?' Bottom-line, If Irfan the bowler deserves a place in the squad, so does Agarkar.

Honestly, I cant see how Agarkar can probably do any worser than what our current seamers are doing. He is still a VERY good bowler.
Get him in and he'll give you a live demonstration again.
After just a handful of matches, guys like RPS, Ishant, Irfan all average close to, or above 30. Agarkar, after a walloping 191 matches, averages less than 28. Says a lot about his pedigree.
You just can't look at pure numbers - Agarkar has time and again lost India matches by bowling utter tripe and losing his cool in crunch situations. He is one of the worst bowlers I have seen when the team is under pressure. Not to mention his one boundary ball per over.
Bottom-line, If Irfan the bowler deserves a place in the squad, so does Agarkar.
Why not go one step further and have him in as an all rounder? After all he has a century at Lords.:-D
You just can't look at pure numbers - Agarkar has time and again lost India matches by bowling utter tripe and losing his cool in crunch situations. He is one of the worst bowlers I have seen when the team is under pressure. Not to mention his one boundary ball per over.
When we constantly use numbers to compare other batsman and bowlers and their respective merits, why the double standards against Agarkar alone? The truth is, 191 matches is a massive sample size and no 'bad' bowler can ever average less than 28 in contemporary ODI cricket. In fact, it wouldnt be surprising if Agarkar has the least average among all Zak, Sree, Irfan,Bhajji, Ishant, RPS and Praveen Kumar. That is definitely a telling stat. Besides, I am not saying Agarkar should be recalled. All I am saying is, he wouldnt have done much worser than the current lot, had he been in the team.
When we constantly use numbers to compare other batsman and bowlers and their respective merits, why the double standards against Agarkar alone? The truth is, 191 matches is a massive sample size and no 'bad' bowler can ever average less than 28 in contemporary ODI cricket. In fact, it wouldnt be surprising if Agarkar has the least average among all Zak, Sree, Irfan,Bhajji, Ishant, RPS and Praveen Kumar. That is definitely a telling stat. Besides, I am not saying Agarkar should be recalled. All I am saying is, he wouldnt have done much worser than the current lot, had he been in the team.
Spot on! Bad bowling conditions not withstanding, the current Indian bowling attack is horrendous. Since the bar is set so low, Aggy cant do worse. :giggle:
It is a stupid logic..the POINT IS AGARKAR HAS FAILED TO LEARN ANYTHING IN 200 MATCHES...AND THATS WHY NEW PEOPLE HAVE BEEN USHERED IN.... Though not directly relevant but Ganguly/Dravid wouldnt have done worse than Sharma/Yusuf...you want them back as well ?
It is a stupid logic..the POINT IS AGARKAR HAS FAILED TO LEARN ANYTHING IN 200 MATCHES...AND THATS WHY NEW PEOPLE HAVE BEEN USHERED IN.... Though not directly relevant but Ganguly/Dravid wouldnt have done worse than Sharma/Yusuf...you want them back as well ?
IMO, they would probably bat better that the current lot, but our batting is performing very well and isn't a concern. I agree with Agarkar comment though. :--D