IPL continues to munch away on test cricket

Now do you know why I was so upset that Dhoni missed the SL test series away to rest for IPL and limted overs cricket. Now do you realise why? Cos of my love for test cricket and could see what was starting to happen. Also we lost that series and with Dhoni could have won it and thus we could have had an even bigger lead in rankings. Thats why I was so annoyed back then.

I think that is a brilliant decision. This will separate the people who want to play for country' date=' and those who wont to play for money. The players were pushing for the dates to be changed, so that they could play both. Now they have to choose. It's going to be interesting to see who chooses what.[/quote'] I dont think they should be forced to choose. Cricket will be poorer if some of the upcoming stars do leave for IPL and are punished for same. I know many people will counter argue with "oh but if he is not totally committed to play tests, then he should leave tests to the ones who are committed enough" but I don't think that argument has a lot of merit. The mere fact that the first choice cricketers are not available means the test cricket is going to be second grade, no matter what the level of commitment of the replacements.

It's an utter disgrace I say. I can barely recall who won or even contested the IPL2 final. If were in charge I'd scrap all the newly formed franchises and continue to play an IPL of sorts consisting of existing Indian domestic sides. Save all the razzmatazz for the far more appealing T20 Champions League. There's Mumbai and there's Mumbai Indians...how daft.