Dhoni is a poor test match player!

This guy is going to score tons of runs when he becomes full-time captain. There was a time when i didn't rate his batting much, but ever since he became captain, he has looked like a different player altogether. I haven't seen a single Indian cricketer whose performances have actually improved after becoming captain. Even Tendulkar couldn't handle it. Dhoni, you are the man. That batting average of 33 isn't going to last long, i guarantee it

This guy is going to score tons of runs when he becomes full-time captain. There was a time when i didn't rate his batting much' date=' but ever since he became captain, he has looked like a different player altogether. I haven't seen a single Indian cricketer whose performances have actually [i']improved after becoming captain. Even Tendulkar couldn't handle it. Dhoni, you are the man. That batting average of 33 isn't going to last long, i guarantee it
He raises his game fantastically when he becomes captain. Some people call it selfish :giggle: Sensible people can see it is leading from the front.
That batting average of 33 isn't going to last long, i guarantee it
I am not so sure about that. The position he bats, isnt conducive for big innings. Not that I dont expect him to score runs, but every one time he makes a sizable contribution ( like he did yesterday), there will be 2 other occasions when he will get out cheaply, which I think will even his average out. Having a no.7 batsman average more than 40 is VERY rare and VERY difficult.
I am not so sure about that. The position he bats, isnt conducive for big innings. Not that I dont expect him to score runs, but every one time he makes a sizable contribution ( like he did yesterday), there will be 2 other occasions when he will get out cheaply, which I think will even his average out. Having a no.7 batsman average more than 40 is VERY rare and VERY difficult.
He will be averaging in the low 40s, that's how good a batsman he really is. He will get plenty of not outs and that will be working in his favour. Expect him to bat higher up the order as the other guys retire.
Predz' date=' I personally find it baffling that a lot of posters including you have forgotten the nightmare and misery that was inflicted upon India by Parthiv. First things first, we need a good keeper. That has to be non negotiable. It was crazy fans and the loony media which hyped Dhoni up as a Gilchrist. Gilchrist is a once a generation or even rarer player. But in his own right, Dhoni is the best wicket keeper in India by a fair distance and is not a bad test bad - very capable of ending up with an average in the 35-40 range.[/quote'] :cantstop:
Guest Gunner
People are suddenly coming out of the woodwork just the way they did during the world cup :haha: Let's wait for the series to get over before we lynch Dhoni.
No one has suggested anything like that. Calling a spade a spade is not a crime you know.