India bowling induced collapses

Which performances, where the Indian bowling has reduced the opposition from a position of strength to rubble, stick in your mind? Here are some that I cherish - 4th Test - India v Australia at Mumbai 2004 Chasing a paltry 104 to win in the 4th innings, Australia were cruising at 24/1 only to be rudely stopped by Harbhajan and Kartik. Australia lost their last 9 wickets for just 69 runs as India went on to complete a famous win! 3rd Test - India v Australia at Chennai 2001 Right after the greatest test of them all(Eden 2001), Australia batted first in the decider at Chennai and ended the first day on a very strong and potentially series winning position of 324/3. They progressed to 340/3 before the then mesmeric Bhajji decapitated their lineup single-handedly as Australia lost their last 7 wickets for just 51 runs! 1st Test - Australia v India at Brisbane 2003 The commentators questioned Ganguly's decision to put Australia in at Fortress Gabba(a decision many thought was similar to Nasser Hussain's decision of putting Australia in, just a year ago in the Ashes, only to see Australia amass a humongous total resulting in an English thrashing). Australia ended day 1 on a very comfortable 262/2. However on day 2, a galvanised Indian bowling, led by Zaheer, blitzed through the Australian middle order and Australia were bowled out for 323, having lost their last 8 wickets for just 55 runs! 1st Test - England v India at Lord's 2007 The Indian bowling was mocked by all and sundry after their rather insipid bowling performance on the first day of the 2007 series. Some of the English commentators went as far as suggesting that the Windies lineup that toured before the Indians arrived were decidedly better. All that changed from on the second day. The trio of Zaheer, Sreesanth and RP Swing ripped the heart out of the English middle order as England lost their last 8 wickets for just 46 runs! 1st Test - India v Pakistan at Chennai 1999 Pakistan in their second innings were crusing towards setting a mammoth target for India when Venkatesh Prasad produced the best bowling spell of his career. Pakistan lost their last 6 wickets for just 11 runs as Prasad took 5 wickets without giving a single run away! 1st Test - India v South Africa at Ahmedabad 1996 This remains the best spell of pace bowling by an Indian bowling, bar none, since I started watching cricket. Chasing a straightforward 170 to win, RSA were well placed at 40/2 before they ran into a fiery Javagal Srinath. RSA lost their last 8 wickets for just 65 runs as Srinath ran riot taking 6 for 21! 6 of the South African batsmen registered ducks.

kumble's 10 wicket haul 1... it was like 100 for nothing... by the next 100 runs 1 guy killed the padosis :D also that 2007 test series in eng... i think it was vaughn and colly who had a great patnership going...then new ball was taken... zaheer luckily got vaughan... and that started it.. rp ball to the taklu WK from round the wicket was awesome :D but this 1 is my fav :D

4th Test - India v Australia at Mumbai 2004 Chasing a paltry 104 to win in the 4th innings, Australia were cruising at 24/1 only to be rudely stopped by Harbhajan and Kartik. Australia lost their last 9 wickets for just 69 runs as India went on to complete a famous win!
I'd certainly include the match THX cited. Sreesanth on fire. And how can we forget Zaheer's destructive spell at Nottingham in England's first innings? Agarkar at Adelaide in Australia's second?
Sir Aggy was all over the Australians on that day....to me it is the best.

My personal favorites: The Motera collapse, Agarkar's Adelaide, Mumbai Madness and finally another one where Srinath was involved. It was against Pakistan and IIRC, Sri took 8 wickets in Kolkata. Saeed Anwar scored a 100. Another one was Pakistan's collapse in the 2nd innings of the 1999 Chennai test.

My personal favorites: The Motera collapse, Agarkar's Adelaide, Mumbai Madness and finally another one where Srinath was involved. It was against Pakistan and IIRC, Sri took 8 wickets in Kolkata. Saeed Anwar scored a 100. Another one was Pakistan's collapse in the 2nd innings of the 1999 Chennai test.
Nowhere near to what we did in the 2nd innings!
Nowhere near to what we did in the 2nd innings!
Thats sadly true. I think Pakistan lost like 6 wickets for 39 runs or something. And one of those wickets ( maybe Moin Khan or Salim Malik) was a beautiful slower delivery from Venkatesh Prasad.
1st test of the Asian test championship1999 at Calcutta PAK 26/6 3rd test of the 2006 series at Karachi PAK 39/6
but these are not wonderful memories for us MP..ur team won on both occasions :D can u imagine a team losing a match after having the opposition in this state..only Indians can do it :winky:

I dont know how we all forgot the Aussie collapse in the second innings of the Kolkata test of 2001. Sachin's googly to Shane Warne in that innings is part of folklore. A champion leg-spinner flummoxed by an amateur leg-spinner! :D

I dont know how we all forgot the Aussie collapse in the second innings of the Kolkata test of 2001. Sachin's googly to Shane Warne in that innings is part of folklore. A champion leg-spinner flummoxed by an amateur leg-spinner! :D
to be honest i thought sachin always let his bowling down, he can spin the ball big as warnie.... he pwned warne is EVERY department :hysterical: