Group D, Game 1 : West Indies v Paksitan : Your opinions

King

West Indies although a bit down after the debacle against India in the warm up games will be pretty well placed against Pakistan. This is going to be a battle between WI batters vs Pakistan batters. There is not much to write home about both teams' bowling but both teams can bat and can bat really well. Both can be hot and cold but I think WI batters are more consistent than the Pakistan ones. For Pakistan to win of course the trio of Yousuf, Younis and Inzi should fire. Inzi clearly should bat up the order than stick in the lower middle order. West Indies batting points out of 10 : 7 West Indies bowling points out of 10 : 6 West Indies fielding points out of 10 : 9 West Indies catching points out of 10 : 9 Total points for West Indies : 31 out of 40. Paksitan batting points out of 10 : 7 Paksitan bowling points out of 10 : 4 Pakistan fielding points out of 10 : 5 Pakistan catching points out of 10 : 6 Total points for Pakistan : 22 out of 40. On paper West Indies should ideally win the game but we all know it's not played on paper. My bet is on Pakistan to win a closely fought game in which the 2 of the Pakistan batting trio will come good to take the first game. BTW use the above format, it will provide us all a yardstick to predict

Re: Group D, Game 1 : West Indies v Paksitan : Your opinions Aray bhai let's just combine the "fielding" and the "catching" category. West Indies batting points out of 10 : 7.5 West Indies bowling points out of 10 : 7 West Indies fielding points out of 10 : 8 total 22.5/30 Total points for West Indies : Paksitan batting points out of 10 : 7.5 Paksitan bowling points out of 10 : 6 Pakistan fielding points out of 10 : 5 total= 18.5/30 PAk to win by 4 wickets InshAllah:wtg:

Re: Group D, Game 1 : West Indies v Paksitan : Your opinions

It will take a while before WI recover from the massive choke job against us. I think WI to lose.
During the CT they were bowled out for 80 vs SL but in the very next game they defeated the Aussies!
How's your condition today? Butterfiles? Very tense and can't wait for the game to start? BTW remember to post your article in the WC section.

Re: Group D, Game 1 : West Indies v Paksitan : Your opinions Pakistan are a dangerous side and you ever know to which of their teams will turn up - but i am still hopeful of smoking a bong tomorrow evening to commemorate WI's famous victory. I must admit, PAK's batting lineup does look reasonably strong. Mohammad Youhana is the form of his life, Younis Khan scampers and nudges for runs with alarming regularity these days, and Shoaib Malik is good on small, lifeless pitches. The openers are mongs; but they are psychotic in their approach and if even one of them comes off, Pakistan will be set for a very competitive total. WI are sh*t at batting first, but in pursuit of a target; they can be unstoppable and have some very explosive batsmen lower down the order. If PAK win the toss they should put WI in, no questions asked.

It will take a while before WI recover from the massive choke job against us. I think WI to lose.
During the CT they were bowled out for 80 vs SL but in the very next game they defeated the Aussies!
How's your condition today? Butterfiles? Very tense and can't wait for the game to start? BTW remember to post your article in the WC section.
Nervous, excited and hopeful. More excited than nervous but more nervous than hopeful! Yea i haven't forgotten about the match report, i will have it done by a few hours after the match.

Re: Group D, Game 1 : West Indies v Paksitan : Your opinions pakistan go in as favorites after comprehensive victory against Proteas.. thought this would be a cracker... and windies might just get one early welcome victory tomorrow... after this game, this pak-windies group will become dull...

I must admit, PAK's batting lineup does look reasonably strong. Mohammad Youhana is the form of his life, Younis Khan scampers and nudges for runs with alarming regularity these days, and Shoaib Malik is good on small, lifeless pitches. The openers are mongs; but they are psychotic in their approach and if even one of them comes off, Pakistan will be set for a very competitive total.
I agree... pakistan's batting is stronger than we think.. with Mo.You , You.Kh and inzy... and with guys like afridi and imran nazir and shoaib malik, you cant discount them out. WI batting is very very inconsistent..

Re: Group D, Game 1 : West Indies v Paksitan : Your opinions personally, i feel windies will win.... windies batting and bowling are so tuned to their conditions.... but then again, they are as unpredictable as the pakistanis.... batting wise, windies are ahead.... bowling wise, it is even... fielding will decide and we all know who is better.... but windies are notorious for having a total catching disaster on some days...

Aray bhai let's just combine the "fielding" and the "catching" category.
With Kamran in your ranks mate catching, stumping should be seperated :hic:
haha nice one :lmao: :lmao:

Re: Group D, Game 1 : West Indies v Paksitan : Your opinions In the end I think I was proved right to seperate the fielding and catching. As usual Kamran performed to his best ability, Pakistan dropped catches and fielding was at best decent. Sarwan dropped early on did prove to be costly for Pakistan. West Indies catching was top class, fielding was top class and in the end these two department must have contributed to about 20% of the overall victory. I expected Paksitan to chase down 250 runs but alas the batters had different ideas. A lot of Pakistan batters perished quite badly to bad stroke selection.