Is the world cup victory now overshadowed now by Abhinav Bindra?

DomainK

Is the world cup victory now overshadowed now by Abhinav Bindra?  

1. 1.

• Abhinav Bindra's gold
    • India's Cricket world cup victory
    • Both are equally good
    • Can't say

who gives a fruck about shooting??
show some respect to the young Abhinav...he has won the first ever individual gold medal for India.......all this while the cricket team is showing such a dismal spineless performance especially the 'fab 4' what a shame!!!!......there are i billion like you minus Abhinav Bindra.
who gives a fruck about shooting??
here ...read this you joker...we Singhs are proud of him and so many Indians think alike....only whiners like you are an exception...loser http://www.thehindu.com/2008/08/12/stories/2008081260132100.htm CHANDIGARH: Celebrations broke out at A.S. Bindra’s farmhouse, about 15 km from here, when his son, Abhinav Bindra stood on the victory podium. The sprawling Bindra farmhouse was swarmed by friends, family and media persons, as the proud parents, overwhelmed with joy, thanked people for the greetings. “I always knew he would make it. I just couldn’t control my tears when I saw him. I am so proud of him and the way he received the medal, he was so composed but I cried so much. I could talk to him Four hours after his victory, he is very happy but as always he was calm,” said Babli Bindra. “I have never been happier in my entire life. Abhinav has done the country proud,” said an excited A.S. Bindra. “It has been a tale of sweat, extreme hard work. Abhinav bravely fought a career-threatening back injury. We put him through a commando-type of training which has given good result, before the training he could not even lift a rifle,” said A.S Bindra. “We will be rushing to Delhi day after tomorrow to receive him when he returns on Thursday. But before that, we will go to the Golden Temple in Amritsar to pay obeisance for his success,” Babli Bindra said. Abhinav’s parents had organised a special prayer meeting at the Sector 8 gurudwara here to seek blessings for their son, “All the prayers of his friends and well wishers have been answered,” said Abhinav’s aunt. Abhinav’s childhood friend, Ranjit Bajaj said he screamed with joy when he saw Abhinav hit his best shot in the final — an outstanding 10.8. “He has beaten the entire world, this is bigger than the world cup,” he said.“My son worked very hard to achieve this feat; the last 14 years were like a vanvas for him. He used to practice shooting for seven hours each day,” A.S. Bindra said. “Abhinav is a Singh and when a Singh sets his mind on a goal he achieves it, which makes him a king and Abhinav indeed is a king,” he added. Being the son of a millionaire industrialist, Abhinav’s family spent a fortune on his training, providing him with an indoor shooting range in backyard and special training.
here ...read this you joker...we Singhs are proud of him and so many Indians think alike....only whiners like you are an exception...loser
Why dont u say We indians, rather than We singhs :D
Being the son of a millionaire industrialist, Abhinav’s family spent a fortune on his training, providing him with an indoor shooting range in backyard and special training.
Good on his Dad for investing in his son. Good facilities, but still without hardwork it cannot be done.
Why dont u say We indians, rather than We singhs :D Good on his Dad for investing in his son. Good facilities, but still without hardwork it cannot be done.
well finey....when we Indians dont appreciate Indian Singhs achievement...that is what prompts me to do so....and not just this joke called dandoray...there r tons out there...so..had to be a bit rusty...:D
if Pakistani guy has won a Gold Medal, then i would have thrown a party to celebrate. This is huge deal. I wish Pakistan should have focused on soccer rather than cricket. Too late for that :nervous:
You guys should have canvassed in the 1980s to get squash included in the Olympics. Probably too late for that now.
You guys should have canvassed in the 1980s to get squash included in the Olympics. Probably too late for that now.
It wasn't just the 80s, PAK dominated squash from the mid 1950s to the mid 1990s. Even now just a week or so ago PAK won the world junior championship but these days they don't do well at the senior level.

Recognizing the feat, BCCI has already announced a cash reward of 25 lakhs for Abhinav Bindra. That is very good gesture from money rich board, but if India wants true development of sports then BCCI must be asked to divert the huge capital generated from Cricket for development of athletics/track and field sports in India.