What do you do with Yuvraj?

fineleg

What do you do with Yuvraj?  

1. 1.

• Drop / Rest him. Don't want him to go through further humiliation
    • How can I drop Yuvi? He is a sr. player?
    • Yuvi will figure out Mendis eventually. So play him
    • Give him one more match

[table=head;sort=4]Team|#of Odi's| Average|Highest Score Australia|5|16.40|38 Bangladesh|2|62|36* Pakistan|4|49|56 Sri Lanka|10|23.44|76* [/table]
yikes-thats not good at all but to be fair he is a lower order batsman who is invariably required to throw his bat around when he gets to the crease late in the game.
Guest Hiten.
yikes-thats not good at all but to be fair he is a lower order batsman who is invariably required to throw his bat around when he gets to the crease late in the game.
"required to throw his bat around" ? I can surely say that you have been not following India's ODI campaign very keenly. Let me help you out to understand how "Yuvraj was not required to throw his bat".
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/291362.html

Yuvraj came in when India desperately needed 
him to hold on to the fort at the other end and not throw his bat around. 
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/291365.html

Same story as the above one
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/291368.html

He got out in the 11th over. Need I say more ?
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/engine/match/291371.html

Tendulkar needed Yuvraj to stay with him, 
but Yuvi boy fancied his chances against Hogga 
and tried to play a backfoot shot. Result was embarrassing
 for Yuvraj. Hogg was toyed around by Srt and Rohit, 
but Hogg's flippers were very obnoxious for Yuvi boy.

that series was very bad for yuvi-I agree; but I still think he is our finisher and until we find a replacement for him who can accelerate as yuvi then he is going to hang around for a while.I think that his moving up and down the order may be numbered though.we should stick with him @5 or 6.

that series was very bad for yuvi-I agree; but I still think he is our finisher and until we find a replacement for him who can accelerate as yuvi then he is going to hang around for a while.I think that his moving up and down the order may be numbered though.we should stick with him @5 or 6.
I dunno if his ego will allow that and Dhoni basically "manages" Yuvi to not create undue tension.
Yeah...looking at his present form....he should bat in death overs and tonk the ball into the orbit....I feel his performance has gone down after MSD was made captain of the ODI....the captaincy obsession has not done much good to his otherwise flamboyant batting style.
Guest Hiten.
He surely is a valuable asset to our ODI team but at the moment (along with Rohit Sharma) he is waste of a space. He has hardly done anything to retain his position in the ODI team time and time. Yuvraj Singh has to undergo that Knee operation because there is no point in dragging the misery along with him. About your concern on who will be our finisher other than Yuvi, well that will be decided once Yuvi is actually out of the team. Its time Shikhar Dhawan is given a run in Indian team.
He surely is a valuable asset to our ODI team but at the moment (along with Rohit Sharma) he is waste of a space. He has hardly done anything to retain his position in the ODI team time and time. Yuvraj Singh has to undergo that Knee operation because there is no point in dragging the misery along with him. About your concern on who will be our finisher other than Yuvi, well that will be decided once Yuvi is actually out of the team. Its time Shikhar Dhawan is given a run in Indian team.
what kind of knee injury is it?.I know a lot of sportmen who have knee sprains and who miss some time but dont require surgery.