Abhishek Nayar vs Irfan Pathan(the All Rounder Slot)

Cricketics

Looking for an All rounder, Nayar is the man This is one comparison which i was pretty eager to discuss. have been following Abhishek Nayar in Ranji pretty keenly and i can say that with the way Irfan Pathan is bowling these days, i think Abhishek Nayar is perhapz the rite candidate for the replacement if needed soon. moreover, Abhishek is a good batsman. As a bowler, well not great, but not bad either i think he is a real threat to Irfan Pathan. here selectors need to keep this player in their mind. WAT SAY???

forget Abhishek Nayar vs Irfan Pathan crap.. time to bring Yousuf Pathan vs Any Spinner in the country for ODIS Yousuf Pathan always performed good as a bowler whenever given chance..dont forget his 1 over 4 run contribution in final of T20 world cup... ppl kinda consider him a parttimer but he is the frontline spinner for Baroda, one of the best team in town with players like M.Patel, Pathan, Patel, Mongia etc... even though i m a big fan of Dhoni i dont understand why he doesnt trust Yousuf Pathan ...Y.Pathan is a very good bowler and surely better than Bhajji... Yousuf Pathan is too good of a talent to miss... a matchwinner P.S. At topic , Irfan Pathan is a better option... Pathan jus needs to bring his pace back.. i dont know whats up with his 125 speeds... back to 138 and he will be the same good Pathan we had in start

forget Abhishek Nayar vs Irfan Pathan crap.. time to bring Yousuf Pathan vs Any Spinner in the country for ODIS Yousuf Pathan always performed good as a bowler whenever given chance..dont forget his 1 over 4 run contribution in final of T20 world cup... ppl kinda consider him a parttimer but he is the frontline spinner for Baroda, one of the best team in town with players like M.Patel, Pathan, Patel, Mongia etc... even though i m a big fan of Dhoni i dont understand why he doesnt trust Yousuf Pathan ...Y.Pathan is a very good bowler and surely better than Bhajji... Yousuf Pathan is too good of a talent to miss... a matchwinner P.S. At topic , Irfan Pathan is a better option... Pathan jus needs to bring his pace back.. i dont know whats up with his 125 speeds... back to 138 and he will be the same good Pathan we had in start
thats what i have been saying ever since yusuf pathans name came up for selection. yusuf pathan is a bowler who can bat a bit. if yusuf pathan makes it into the indian team, it should be more for his bowling added with a bit of big-hitting
id pick pathan over nayar because of what pathan is capable of ... on his day (however' date= he is not worth picking atm)
that day seems never like coming..this guy had an impressive comback late last year but after the Oz tour Irfan has gone down again..u just cant keep having bad patches like these consistently..i sure hope that he doesn go the Aggy way which at the moment seems very likely.. I havent seen much of Nayar so i don know abt him..but Irfan has the talent but someone somewhere down the line messed him up..don know if it was Greg or Dravid or Irfan himself..but after 2005 Irfan doesn look like how he was in the beginning

Take both. Nayar is the sort of all rounder who can slot in at 6 or 7. Brutal, brutal hitter. The Lance Klusener comparisons are fair here, folks. Cover drives as if he's taking a sledgehammer to a golf ball. But his bowling is frankly just medium pace, and is just fifth bowler worthy. Not much more than that. Medium pace, line and length but the sort of stuff than can easily get slaughtered. Pathan is a far better bowler when on form and is the sort who could slot in at 8 - is nowhere near the batsman that Nayar is, but a far superior bowler. The Indian team could be better off with both in a few years' time.

^^ u seem to be a big Irfan fan and always sound optimistic abt him..well its gud but then u have to step out frm that cloud and see the truth..Irfan is sucking big time..i mean u do agree with that too, but he is slowly but surely going the Aggy way..he has to follow the footsteps of Zaheer and look upto him as to how he transformed himself..he cant get a better example than Zaheer..lets hope Irfan does that

^^ u seem to be a big Irfan fan and always sound optimistic abt him..well its gud but then u have to step out frm that cloud and see the truth..Irfan is sucking big time..i mean u do agree with that too' date=' but he is slowly but surely going the Aggy way..he has to follow the footsteps of Zaheer and look upto him as to how he transformed himself..he cant get a better example than Zaheer..lets hope Irfan does that[/quote'] Yeah I am an Irfan fan ... but like you said, he is sucking big time atm. He needs to develop some more variation (particularly in the form of reverse swing) and like Wasim Akram said, work on a bouncer that swings aswell. So while I believe it is premature to call him a spent force ... I believe he probably should be dropped now (he would benefit alot from a season in county cricket) for Nayar (who deserves his chance, and is at a good age to come into the side)