India approves Pak tour itinerary, security plan

Feed

i hate to say this, but i don't think India should visit pakistan. the current situation in pakistan is indeed messed up and we simply cannot take/afford the risk of a terrorist attack on a foreign team. plus, who cares abt cricket anyway back home when you know your life isn't safe. To save Pak cricket i think PCB should move all its home games to either bangla or uae till the situation improves in Pakistan.

yep its one of the most guarded building in pak . Some idiots think India is taking revenge for delhi blasts ... :hmmmm2: so they think Pak was behind delhi blasts ... Anyway sad news
to think indian team n other teams wud have stayed in such 5-star hotels if CT wud have been played, is very frightening
i hate to say this, but i don't think India should visit pakistan. the current situation in pakistan is indeed messed up and we simply cannot take/afford the risk of a terrorist attack on a foreign team. plus, who cares abt cricket anyway back home when you know your life isn't safe. To save Pak cricket i think PCB should move all its home games to either bangla or uae till the situation improves in Pakistan.
:((

if anything happens to any single Indian cricketer during that tour.... I swear to god, i will board a plane and go to bombay and personally shoot Sharad pawar between the eyes...that fat sob approved this tour for money... i hope one day fat ranatunga sits on Pawar's face and farts

Well, I agree with you, but its sad to hear this statement from you.
yep its one of the most guarded building in pak . Some idiots think India is taking revenge for delhi blasts ... :hmmmm2: so they think Pak was behind delhi blasts ... Anyway sad news
In one of the Pakistani political forums there have been numerous suggestions that the blast was done by India, America, Afganistan etc. In a poll in fact USA leads. :haha: There was even a suggestion that ICC got the blast done to justify CT postponement lest PCB sued ICC.

BCCI is extremely smart here...they know no one wants to tour Pakistan so we will do it....and in turn rake in millions in revenue..... can anyone imagine after the nation has been without cricket for so long...every single match will be sold out plus not to mention tv rights and revenues.... BCCI only cares abt money not cricket. If players agree to go then they are equally greedy even after making so much money and deserve to get hit

Marriot blasts no justification to postpone CT: PCB KARACHI: The Pakistan Cricket Board on Sunday reacted angrily to suggestions that blasts in Islamabad have justified ICC's decision of postponing the Champions Trophy, saying the tragedy could have happened anywhere in the world. "What happened at the Marriot hotel is a human tragedy and very sad. But I think it shows that Pakistan does face a security situation like many other countries," a senior official said. "We have been saying all along that Pakistan is as safe as any other country as no country is safe from terrorist attacks. But we were prepared for the Champions Trophy with guaranteed foolproof security for the teams," Sohail, PCB Director (Media), said. "Indeed we face a security situation like many other countries but we were permitted and prepared to provide fool-proof and guaranteed security to all teams. "They would have been in Karachi or Lahore under the surveillance of security teams which would have been fully active around them," he told 'Geo News' . The ICC postponed the Champions Trophy on the insistence of five teams who had security concerns about playing in Pakistan. The tournament which was scheduled to be held from September 12 to 28 has been rescheduled to 2009 with a new window still to be found for it by the ICC. http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/News/NewsMarriot_blasts_no_justification_to_postpone_CT_PCB/articleshow/3510393.cms Are these people really so stupid?

Now, I am truly fearful for the security of our players. I dont think India should tour Pakistan, unless there's dramatic improvement in the security situation. The whole country's in shambles. Holding cricket matches shouldnt be their priority now. And for the first time, I think we may see some Indian players themselves pulling out of the tour, unilaterally.

Now, I am truly fearful for the security of our players. I dont think India should tour Pakistan, unless there's dramatic improvement in the security situation. The whole country's in shambles. Holding cricket matches shouldnt be their priority now. And for the first time, I think we may see some Indian players themselves pulling out of the tour, unilaterally.
exactly man they blasted 7 star hotel....!!! tht' was' the most secured place in pakistan so wat should b safe there?? just think for a micro moment wat if indian team was staying in tht hotel??? :omg: i cant even think abt tht situation nd i dont want to think abt it........ oh god, mercy.......... India should not visit pak untill d situation goes normal or atleast under control (i dont think tht gonna happen!)

India will go ahead with tour of Pakistan India will go ahead with their tour of Pakistan early next year despite last weekend's bomb blast at the Marriott Hotel in Islamabad. India will arrive on January 4, and will play three Tests, five ODIs and a Twenty20 international, as planned in the original official itinerary approved by both boards. "India will play a Test and a one-day international in Rawalpindi because the itinerary was approved by India before the Islamabad blast," Pakistan Cricket Board chief operating officer Shafqat Naghmi told AFP. "We hope normalcy returns by the time India tours us." He also stressed that Rawalpindi was one of the most important venues in Pakistan. "We have recently renovated the stadium in Rawalpindi, and hope when India tours us all will be well." The 47-day tour will begin with India playing a three-day warm-up match at Hyderabad's Niaz Stadium, starting on January 6 against a yet-to-be-named side. The Tests are to be played in Karachi, Rawalpindi and Lahore while Faisalabad, Lahore, Rawalpindi, Multan and Karachi will host the one-dayers. Karachi will also stage the Twenty20 game. The Indian team stayed at the Marriott Hotel on their last two visits in 2003-04 and 2005-06, and also played a Test and a one-dayer in Rawalpindi in 2004 and a one-dayer in 2006. In 2006, Pakistan won the three-Test series 1-0 while India clinched the one-day series 4-1. * January 4: Arrival in Karachi * January 6-8: Three-day warm-up match, Hyderabad * January 13-17: First Test, Karachi * January 21-25: Second Test, Rawalpindi * January 29-February 2: Third Test, Lahore * February 6: First ODI, Faisalabad * February 8: Second ODI, Lahore * February 11: Third ODI, Rawalpindi * February 14: Fourth ODI, Multan * February 17: Fifth ODI, Karachi * February 19: Only Twenty20 international

We will go by Govt advice on Pak tour: BCCI We will go by Govt advice on Pak tour: BCCI Press Trust of India Wednesday, September 24, 2008 6:59 PM (Mumbai) The BCCI on Wednesday said they will follow the Government's advice though it had agreed in principle to the itinerary prepared for India's tour of Pakistan early next year by the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB). "We have finalised our Pakistan tour programme with the PCB and in fact have done so till the end of April, which includes our tour of New Zealand. But as the time comes nearer to touring (Pakistan) we will have to wait for the advice (on the itinerary) from our government," BCCI Secretary Niranjan Shah said. As per the itinerary finalised and released by the PCB yesterday, Rawalpindi is set to host a Test and a one-dayer during the January-February 2009 tour. The PCB had also said it might have to review the itinerary in the wake of the deadly blasts in neighbouring Islamabad while declaring the tour programme. As per the programme, the January 4 to February 19 tour next year would feature three Tests, five one-dayers, a Twenty20 game and a three-day practice match at Hyderabad (Sind), which kicks off the visit. A senior PCB official had said the tour's itinerary was approved by the Indians (BCCI) but admitted they might want to have a review of venues after the Marriott hotel blast in Islamabad. Teams playing in Rawalpindi used to stay at the Marriott hotel. The PCB had also sent to the BCCI a brief of the security plan for the tour, which is on the lines of the one prepared for the (postponed) Champions Trophy with which the Indian board did not have any problems, according to a PCB official. The Indian team, which will make its third Test tour to Pakistan since 2004, will play the first Test in Karachi from January 13 to 17. They would end their tour in Karachi with the fifth one-dayer on February 17 and the Twenty20 game on 19th. http://cricket.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtvcricket/cricketstory.aspx?id=SPOEN20080066578&site=ndtv