Respect the heroes!

Chandan

If you dont like the posts on ICF, do something about it. Dont just sit and whine when you dont see a stats oriented post,or a tharki thread, or whatever you want. Think of one and start a topic. This a forum, it will go in the direction you want it to go, nobody takes it anywhere. On a completely unrelated note - This is what I hate about most Indians. Hota hai, chalta hai attitude. Criticize when you dont like it, but just sit there while you're at it. Nobody wants to get up and do something.

If you dont like the posts on ICF, do something about it. Dont just sit and whine when you dont see a stats oriented post,or a tharki thread, or whatever you want. Think of one and start a topic. This a forum, it will go in the direction you want it to go, nobody takes it anywhere. On a completely unrelated note - This is what I hate about most Indians. Hota hai, chalta hai attitude. Criticize when you dont like it, but just sit there while you're at it. Nobody wants to get up and do something.
Do what? Don't you see the 4175 posts next to my name? You can't expect me to sit here and hit 10,000. I've better things to do, thanks. Anyway, I can't be assed any more. Just dipped in yesterday, saw Suraj's post which hit a chord with me, so I thought I'd comment on the direction the forum's going these days. Seen any of the old-timers lately?
Yes, we should log on to read dsr's hate filled rhetoric rather than Lurker's well thought out posts. Pole dancing, anybody? :haha:
Hate filled. Just cos I don't conform to your PC based in la lal land, lets all love each other everyone is actually wonderful view point I get labelled hate filled. Lurkers well thought out view points! That is your viewpoint which not everyone believe it or not would agree with. Anyway folks typical slag of by dhondhy to me. Something he has been doing for years. Loves having a pop at me! At least he is consistent!
Do what? Don't you see the 4175 posts next to my name? You can't expect me to sit here and hit 10,000. I've better things to do, thanks. Anyway, I can't be assed any more. Just dipped in yesterday, saw Suraj's post which hit a chord with me, so I thought I'd comment on the direction the forum's going these days. Seen any of the old-timers lately?
Read the first 5 words of the piece you just highlighted. I was not referring to you, or Lurker, or Suraj. I was just talking about it in general.

Holy, it's OK. Don't mind my crotchetyness. I'm really pizzed these days. The juices are drying up, time's scarce, being pulled in various directions, and cricket is just a distant memory. Test series round the corner. I think you will see some good posters come back.

Indian cricket is pretty distressing news, and has remained so for as far as I can remember. According to the obsequious fan who is doubling up as an author, no doubt having failed to make headway in any other profession, there are five "heroes" in this team. Well, these tyros have played with each other for the last decade, comprising half the team. Why has India failed to reach number one status during this period, despite the almost vulgar riches available to the game? Why have we won only one of the last four series we've played in? Why is it that our heroes get mauled by less heralded and far less rewarded players from a country where cricket is in financial crisis in our own backyard? Tell me why we score 200 and 128 on a track where the opposition has just scored 600, with all our batting luminaries in tow? Why do our supermen spinners get outbowled by a rookie on the most helpful of tracks? You see folks, you have all been the victims of the most elaborate scam ever perpetrated, a scam much larger than the mortgage and derivative crisis spawned by the banks in the US. You have been led to believe that you are supporting a world beating side made up of once in a generation cricketers, where success was only a matter of time. You have hung on and on, bankrolled the incredible wealth of some of these so called heroes, and ended up with nothing but sleepless nights, a cartload of frustration and despair and shoddy productivity at work. Yet you still wouldn't give up your worship. See how you've been brainwashed. The heroes of our country are the soldiers who guard the borders, the ordinary men and women who slave for a living to educate their children so that they may have a brighter future than they had, the NGOs who work for nothing more than a smile. Donate your cable TV money to them, disconnect your satellite, and prepare yourself for a day of hard work at office.without clicking on the cricket columns. That's my perspective.
Awesome post :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up:
Indian cricket is pretty distressing news, and has remained so for as far as I can remember. According to the obsequious fan who is doubling up as an author, no doubt having failed to make headway in any other profession, there are five "heroes" in this team. Well, these tyros have played with each other for the last decade, comprising half the team. Why has India failed to reach number one status during this period, despite the almost vulgar riches available to the game? Why have we won only one of the last four series we've played in? Why is it that our heroes get mauled by less heralded and far less rewarded players from a country where cricket is in financial crisis in our own backyard? Tell me why we score 200 and 128 on a track where the opposition has just scored 600, with all our batting luminaries in tow? Why do our supermen spinners get outbowled by a rookie on the most helpful of tracks?
Good observation. Agree. There are a few bright spots here and there, but in general - Our team has played far below its potential, and it is not just in 80s, 90s but even now. You have asked many "Why has India failed to do..." or "why these heroes did not ..." Some here will answer : "It is all becos of BCCI". Nothing could be farther from the truth. BCCI certainly is a cra.ppy organization. But the reason we have failed to do great in cricket despite all the accolades and wealth pouring in is simply a lack of professional sincerity and 100% commitment to hardwork and planning and execution by our "Fabulous" heroes. BCCI needs to take the blame. Our Fabulous and not-so-fabulous players have to take the blame as well. Brainwashed? Yes, we are. We keep thinking these fabulous will take us to #1 team!
What a patronising post to youngsters. You must be getting old with these grumpy posts bemoaning the youth of today. What is it with old gits and things were better in my day complaints! Does not have the intellectual depth:hysterical:Serioulsy if you are going to make claims about superior intellegience and the art of writing then at least get your spelling right. As you have spent intellectual wrong. Ironic really!
Hate filled. Just cos I don't conform to your PC based in la lal land, lets all love each other everyone is actually wonderful view point I get labelled hate filled. Lurkers well thought out view points! That is your viewpoint which not everyone believe it or not would agree with. Anyway folks typical slag of by dhondhy to me. Something he has been doing for years. Loves having a pop at me! At least he is consistent!
What does that mean? PC Based in La La Land P.S Whats wrong in talking about past experiences?

Same old claptrap from Dhondy and suraj. Instead of expressing your frustration at Indian cricketers by repeating "soldiers are our real heroes" ad nauseum, why don't you stop paying for streams/SKY/DVDs etc and send that money to the armed forces instead? I bet the two of you will even struggle to name the ranks in the Army/AF/Navy in order. Why don't the two of you spend time engaging in constructive discussions on BR forums instead? Why waste your time discussing Harbhajan's average here? Sports writers have always used such terms liberally to eulogise the sport and sportsmen and make them appear to be larger than life. That's what they are paid to do. Don't go nuts just because they use a little hyperbole. And being a 'hero' is not the domain of one man or one group. For some it's the soldiers, for some it's Mayawati, for some Sai Baba and for some SRK. So stop buzzing around like pesky flies everytime a cricketer is called a hero.

Guys, The seniors are past their prime, no doubt about that. But as long as none of the youngsters knock loudly enough on the door how is it fair to ridicule the older generation for remaining in the team? So Kohli, Rohit and Yuvraj all scored 100s in this last game, but before that, none of them managed to score heavily when it mattered. This is not a black and white scenario where all the seniors should stay or go. It would be foolish to axe these players because of one bad series. This is the best middle order we could have for this series, it's not a question of being sentimental. It also strikes me as odd that someone who posts regularly on a cricket forum feels following Indian cricket is a sign of being "brainwashed". If you feel spending money/time on cricket is a waste, then stop doing it. Isn't that what a fan is? Short for fanatic right?

Guys, The seniors are past their prime, no doubt about that. But as long as none of the youngsters knock loudly enough on the door how is it fair to ridicule the older generation for remaining in the team? So Kohli, Rohit and Yuvraj all scored 100s in this last game, but before that, none of them managed to score heavily when it mattered. This is not a black and white scenario where all the seniors should stay or go. It would be foolish to axe these players because of one bad series. This is the best middle order we could have for this series, it's not a question of being sentimental. It also strikes me as odd that someone who posts regularly on a cricket forum feels following Indian cricket is a sign of being "brainwashed". If you feel spending money/time on cricket is a waste, then stop doing it. Isn't that what a fan is? Short for fanatic right?
And pray tell us who is ridiculing these greats of Indian cricket?? Just because we don't wake up everyday and light an incense for the fab 4 & pray to them does not mean we are ridiculing them. We cheer for them , we keep their huge posters, we love to watch them but if we say that it is unneccessary for every other article in the media and every other thread here to make the nation feel guilty why it is not wasting every minute of its lifetime worshipping them and always praising them instead of stating facts- how does it translate into ridicule?? To me these so called fanatic fans do more of disservice to these highly competitive gentlemen who have played with all their hearts by eugolizing them like Gods that need to be worshipped even when they have lost their prime in what eventually is just a game- not serving our families, country or any higher mission. Folks here make it sound like Indian people have mistreated SRT, SG etc sooooooo bad and we should all repent for it- to me they were great talent and they did reap huge rewards for that talent; thats about it. BTW ever seen how very talented players from other sports survive in India or are recognized??- compared to them even the Ajit Agarkars of the cricket have it pretty good- SRTs are a far reach.
true.agree totally:two_thumbs_up:
Same old claptrap from Dhondy and suraj. Instead of expressing your frustration at Indian cricketers by repeating "soldiers are our real heroes" ad nauseum, why don't you stop paying for streams/SKY/DVDs etc and send that money to the armed forces instead? I bet the two of you will even struggle to name the ranks in the Army/AF/Navy in order. Why don't the two of you spend time engaging in constructive discussions on BR forums instead? Why waste your time discussing Harbhajan's average here? Sports writers have always used such terms liberally to eulogise the sport and sportsmen and make them appear to be larger than life. That's what they are paid to do. Don't go nuts just because they use a little hyperbole. And being a 'hero' is not the domain of one man or one group. For some it's the soldiers, for some it's Mayawati, for some Sai Baba and for some SRK. So stop buzzing around like pesky flies everytime a cricketer is called a hero.
And how do you know we actually sent a lot of money or raised funds for the Kargil fighters or the Saichen Glacier armymen who try to keep our families safe rather than spend on watching the Ganguly heaving with pride after a meaningless century against Zimbabwe?? If you think that the issue folks like myself and Dhondy have is that cricketers are called heroes then it is useless to have any discussion with the likes of you- go back to sitting with your bunch of "senior cricket- hero worhippers" and build temples for them; I have no time to waste on you:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: