Kumble pls retire and save Indian Cricket and its fans..

I would have introduced Bhajji as early as possible because Ponting had anxious moments against Ishant early in his innings. Bhajji and Ishant bowling at Ponting early in his innings might have been influential but Kumble went the orthodox way.
what kinda pot are you smoking? white widow? ponting was in 1st over itself.. u want bhajji to bowl 2nd over?? bhajji bowled 12 over which is perfect.. u gotta wait for the shine to go away, so he can grip the fooking ball.
That does not make him a good captain. His captaincy has been toothless and lacks aggression. I would have introduced Bhajji as early as possible because Ponting had anxious moments against Ishant early in his innings. Bhajji and Ishant bowling at Ponting early in his innings might have been influential but Kumble went the orthodox way. Under Kumble's captaincy we lost to Aus in down under, lost a game vs SA in India, lost series to SL.
You cant be serious.... I remember, in sydney test, Kumble still standing alone while one after another batsman left him.. and those 3 overs.. you cant be serous that we lost cuz of him.. SL series was all about M & M ..

i dunno why everyone's criticizing kumble. all his decisions were correct if u dont look at the hindsight. they didnt work simply.why blame kumble 4 dat? also his bowling was quite good without luck. remember he had ponting several times

Guest Hiten.
what kinda pot are you smoking? white widow? ponting was in 1st over itself.. u want bhajji to bowl 2nd over?? bhajji bowled 12 over which is perfect.. u gotta wait for the shine to go away, so he can grip the fooking ball.
Dhoni used Bhajji as his opening bowler against SA to choke all the runs, which was quite influential as SA could not negotiate bhajji's spin with extra bounce. All I am asking Kumble to do it think outside the box. Ponting started nervously and we had to hit him hard when the chance was there.
Dhoni used Bhajji as his opening bowler against SA to choke all the runs' date= which was quite influential as SA could not negotiate bhajji's spin with extra bounce. All I am asking Kumble to do it think outside the box. Ponting started nervously and we had to hit him hard when the chance was there.
u r comparing a dust bowl to a dead pan paata wicket,dude.dont praise dhoni n criticize kumble blindly
Guest Hiten.
You cant be serious.... I remember, in sydney test, Kumble still standing alone while one after another batsman left him.. and those 3 overs.. you cant be serous that we lost cuz of him.. SL series was all about M & M ..
i.e. Spinners. Kumble averaged 50, if I recall it correctly. Kumble would get a thumbs up for hanging around during the Sydney test, but loss is a loss.
i.e. Spinners. Kumble averaged 50' date=' if I recall it correctly. Kumble would get a thumbs up for hanging around during the Sydney test, but loss is a loss.[/quote'] what kinda logic is that..?? if our batsman couldnt handle M-M and couldnt post 120+ runs, I wouldnt blame solely captain for that.. kumble was the one stood up for bhajji when it was needed.. he was the one threatened CA to pull out of a series..I know he is not the best.. but atleast respect the man who tries his best.. cursing and swearing is not the way..
Guest Hiten.
u r comparing a dust bowl to a dead pan paata wicket' date='dude.dont praise dhoni n criticize kumble blindly[/quote'] I was answering Dravid's concern about "gripping the new ball". Bhajji has managed to get Ponting's wicket on dust-bowls or not. Mahela jayawardena introduced Mendis as early as 6th over when India decided to Promoted Yuvraj at #3 in ODI's. You have to play at the back of the batsman's mind if you are to capitalize on his anxious moments. I am not saying Ponting scored 100 because bhajji was introduced late, I am saying we let him off the hook too easily. We never actually stepped on his nerves so that he commits a blunder.
Guest Hiten.
what kinda logic is that..?? if our batsman couldnt handle M-M and couldnt post 120+ runs, I wouldnt blame solely captain for that.. kumble was the one stood up for bhajji when it was needed.. he was the one threatened CA to pull out of a series..I know he is not the best.. but atleast respect the man who tries his best.. cursing and swearing is not the way..
huh ? Bhajji's witness was SRT. Where did Kumble come from the equation ? Please keep the sydney fiasco out of this thread.
I was answering Dravid's concern about "gripping the new ball". Bhajji has managed to get Ponting's wicket on dust-bowls or not. Mahela jayawardena introduced Mendis as early as 6th over when India decided to Promoted Yuvraj at #3 in ODI's. You have to play at the back of the batsman's mind if you are to capitalize on his anxious moments. I am not saying Ponting scored 100 because bhajji was introduced late' date=' I am saying we let him off the hook too easily. We never actually stepped on his nerves so that he commits a blunder.[/quote'] if kumble sticks to fast bowlers he gets criticised, if changes them he gets criticised,i'm really confused now:hmmm:

Kumble's had two major shoulder injuries in the last year+. He visibly struggled with his shoulder through the end of the Australia tour, then missed a test (a rarity for him - keep in mind this is a man who kept bowling with a broken jaw and painkillers in the Windies) against South Africa. At his age, injuries like that take much longer to heal. Two injuries affecting the same area will be even longer. No wonder he's a long way from his best. Given those fitness concerns, I can't see Jumbo staying around much longer.