Day 5 Predictions !

Sorry mate, I disagree. It doesnt matter how star-studded your batting line-up, the combination of a day 5 crumbling pitch and the pressure of surviving to save the match can play tricks on the minds of even the best. We should never apply conventional cricketing logic to day 5 test cricket. We've seen many times before, the whole dynamic of day 5 test cricket can change so quickly that its impossible to predict anything.

Sorry mate, I disagree. It doesnt how star-studded your batting line-up, the combination of day 5 crumbling pitch, the pressure of surviving to save the match can play tricks on the minds of even the best. We should never apply conventional cricketing logic to day 5 test cricket. We've seen many times before, the whole dynamic of day 5 test cricket can change so quickly that its impossible to predict anything.
Whatever you wrote is pretty much agreeable and are fair points to agree on. but my assumptions and pride says that they will knock the overs off whatever they get or put aus atack in trouble or well play out the day with even-stevens scenario all day and with Draw winning in the end
Whatever you wrote is pretty much agreeable and are fair points to agree on. but my assumptions and pride says that they will knock the overs off whatever they get or put aus atack in trouble or well play out the day with even-stevens scenario all day and with Draw winning in the end
C'tics, can i ask u something.. when was the lasttime,e our team with this great star studded player won us a test match chasing more than 250..?? dont keep living ur fantasy land.. coem down to earth n see the reality.. Sehwag - hit r miss Gambhir - sure miss Dravid - doesnt matter ... even if hes not out.. he ll make sure we wont win Tendulkar - will start to pee as soon he sees MJ and watch carefully all the traps set by the ozzies and being impressed with their plan, he will nicely oblige them with a nice cathc.. {currently an useless player living in his past glory..searching for that landmark.. and i hope he gets n retire gracefullly.. } Laxman - scratch around 20s.. n will go Ganguly - same as laxman Dhoni - scratch around 50 balls n will b out.. rest will try to get a max of 20.. so tell me , how do u comeup with a stupid thread..
and without quality spin the likes of SRT/Laxman/Ganguly/Dravid will have no excuses.
Fast bowlers are the ones getting the wickets since the variable bounce is working in their favour. Besides, the Aussie quicks bowl stump to stump and as the pitch wears down even more, they are going to be very hard to score off. AUS will declare once the lead is 300 and I don't think India can survive 60-70 overs on this pitch, it's going to be at it's worst tomorrow. 0-1 to AUS

zubin, India and Australia are the only two teams who are capable of chasing down such targets on last day.. why are we in such position?? because somehow few batsmans from our team, or i should say bowlers, batted their heart out to put us into this postion where we might have a task to draw or win the game. other teams don't even get into such situations as they are so pathetic and that shows in their icc test rating.. i agree we haven't done it for a while, but if there is any team capable of doing then it's us... bring on day 5

Tendulkar - will start to pee as soon he sees MJ and watch carefully all the traps set by the ozzies and being impressed with their plan, he will nicely oblige them with a nice cathc.. {currently an useless player living in his past glory..searching for that landmark.. and i hope he gets n retire gracefullly.. }
this is best i've heard about sachin lately... agree every bit... i just hope he gets a string of zeroes and single digit scores in this series, so that sreekanth and co., have an easy task of throwing him out. not tat i'm itching to see the new comers in the team... but i'm getting really sick and tired this tiny bastard for whom every rule is bent to get him to play the matches. just look at the no. of threads and news articles about him being fit, not fit to play this sseries. my question is, was it worth having him in this team?
Whatever the result tomorrow' date=' i'm glad India took this one into the 5th day. Never looked likely when they were 232/7 in their first innings. What an amazing fight back this has been[/quote'] Faisal Shariff,Neo cricket editor was seen telling on all shows regarding Mark Waugh placing a bet on betfare about Australia wrapping up this match by the fourth day itself!